• October 15, 2018, 11:14:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service  (Read 260257 times)

Offline webmari

Re: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service
« Reply #240 on: February 26, 2013, 07:47:58 AM »
I was wondering if inmates can send money to the account which will be deducted from their account. They could do that with Consolitated, I think sort of like a money order? Would this also work with Securus? Anyone have any information on that or is doing it like that? Thank you.

Offline me

• Support Staff
« Reply #241 on: February 26, 2013, 10:13:29 AM »
Logan was supposed to switch over today per the IDOC website and as of this morning my call still came through Consolidated??

Offline nikkibaby26

« Reply #242 on: February 26, 2013, 10:43:02 AM »
Logan was supposed to switch over today per the IDOC website and as of this morning my call still came through Consolidated??

Boo really? My l/o is in Logan and they took out the Consolidated phones weeks ago and i just emptied my account with Consolidate and put money into Securus for my call today  :wc96:

Please keep me updated when you do get a call from Logan with Securus, thank you!
“When I saw you, I was afraid to meet you... When I met you, I was afraid to kiss you... When I kissed you, I was afraid to love you... Now that I love you, I'm afraid to lose you.”

Offline me

• Support Staff
« Reply #243 on: February 26, 2013, 10:54:43 AM »

Boo really? My l/o is in Logan and they took out the Consolidated phones weeks ago and i just emptied my account with Consolidate and put money into Securus for my call today  :wc96:

Please keep me updated when you do get a call from Logan with Securus, thank you!

I just called Securus to ask if there is a delay with Logan and they said no - their plans are still for the switch over today but it can happen anytime.  They are working on it.

Offline nikkibaby26

« Reply #244 on: February 26, 2013, 11:54:56 AM »

I just called Securus to ask if there is a delay with Logan and they said no - their plans are still for the switch over today but it can happen anytime.  They are working on it.

Thank you for checking for us!
“When I saw you, I was afraid to meet you... When I met you, I was afraid to kiss you... When I kissed you, I was afraid to love you... Now that I love you, I'm afraid to lose you.”

Offline brooke89

« Reply #245 on: February 26, 2013, 02:56:54 PM »
Thanks guys =)

Offline cem31

« Reply #246 on: February 26, 2013, 05:34:32 PM »
I called Securus today and was told that the switch is due to happen "the week of the 25th", but no specific date was showing. She said CCPS has to remove their phones first before Securus can go live. Its crazy that we get different stories from different reps there, seems that they are just as in the dark as we are...lol. Reluctantly I had to put more funds on CCPS just in case, I think I used every swear word possible while putting in my credit card number & hitting submit =). Hope they get it together soon!!

Offline me

• Support Staff
« Reply #247 on: February 26, 2013, 08:10:52 PM »
There was a memo posted at Logan today that the phone switch is delayed 2 weeks due to technical difficulties. 

Offline cem31

« Reply #248 on: February 26, 2013, 08:38:00 PM »
There was a memo posted at Logan today that the phone switch is delayed 2 weeks due to technical difficulties. 

Why am I not surprised!! My L/O has been trying to call me all day but btwn not putting money on the phone in hopes of Securus kicking in today, and fighting thru all this stupid snow I have not been able to talk to him  :wc32:  Oh well, 2moro is a new day!

Offline cinlu87

« Reply #249 on: February 26, 2013, 11:33:43 PM »
I talked with my hubby tonight, they are still with Consolidated, he's at Lawrence.....he had no idea that IDOC was switching phone services....he asked a couple other guys while we were on the phone and they had no idea either. Don't you think that the prisons would notify the inmates so the inmates could let their loved ones know.  What a system...

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #250 on: February 27, 2013, 07:19:58 AM »
I talked with my hubby tonight, they are still with Consolidated, he's at Lawrence.....he had no idea that IDOC was switching phone services....he asked a couple other guys while we were on the phone and they had no idea either. Don't you think that the prisons would notify the inmates so the inmates could let their loved ones know.  What a system...

You would think, but then we are talking about IDOC ....   some prisons have posted memos for the guys to they can notify their families. 

IPT had this news months ago, but even though we have 1000's of members, there are many LO's that don't have computer access or don't know about IPT!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline nikkibaby26

« Reply #251 on: February 27, 2013, 08:54:04 AM »

Thank you for letting us know, i just put more money on through consolidated in case my l/o calls today

Offline Schmaltzy

« Reply #252 on: February 27, 2013, 01:39:09 PM »
How do you get to actually speak to someone at secured? I called the 800 number and. It's all automated
I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine........

Offline belliott76

« Reply #253 on: February 27, 2013, 02:06:11 PM »
My lo is in Vienna they switched over today like it said.it only cost me 4.43 for a 30 min call instead of 10 something.thats so much better.

Offline stan77

« Reply #254 on: February 27, 2013, 05:33:18 PM »
How do you get to actually speak to someone at secured? I called the 800 number and. It's all automated

To Schmaltzy - the only way that I could actually get through the Securus automated system and talk to someone was after I actually setup an account with them.  Once I did that, I was able to navigate their system, enter my account and although I had quite a bit of wait time, I did finally speak to a very knowledgeable person.  Quite frankly, it was the best Customer Service call I've experienced in a long time (except for the long wait time).  I did find out a lot of information from them, and if anyone has any questions, I'd be more than happy to share what I've learned.

Offline pmilver

« Reply #255 on: February 27, 2013, 05:45:00 PM »
Stan-I'd love to know anything you learned about the new phone service that you think might be helpful. Nice to know you talked to a good customer service person too.  I think the customer service people at Consolidated were some of the nastiest, most ignorant and incompetent human beings I have ever had to talk to.  I am sure there are some good ones there but I never got one of them.  Thanks

Offline babyonway1225

« Reply #256 on: February 27, 2013, 08:48:30 PM »
Sheridan made the switch   :wc7:

Offline cem31

« Reply #257 on: February 27, 2013, 08:50:47 PM »
My lo is in Vienna they switched over today like it said.it only cost me 4.43 for a 30 min call instead of 10 something.thats so much better.

That's great news!!! I'm sooooo jealous right now tho...lol...Logan will be delayed abiut 2 weeks, they were supposed to switch yesterday. So mad that I have to keep paying for these $10 calls for 2 more weeks!!  :wc4:  :wc4:

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #258 on: February 27, 2013, 08:54:16 PM »
Sheridan made the switch   :wc7:

Someone posted on another board that Sheridan will not allow the inmates to call a cell phone, is this true?
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Schmaltzy

« Reply #259 on: February 27, 2013, 09:11:55 PM »
Thanks for you response stan :wc44:
I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine........