• October 21, 2018, 11:00:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service  (Read 261196 times)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service
« Reply #220 on: February 20, 2013, 08:45:13 AM »
Has anybody from out of state experienced the switch yet?  If so, is it still the $4 and change or is it more if you are out of state?  Just curious!  Thanks

Humbird is out of state and so far her calls are $4.10 plus taxes.  Maybe she will read this and be able to answer more.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline lovinhim11

• lovin my man
« Reply #221 on: February 20, 2013, 09:29:56 AM »
I just set up my account. Robinson is not listed yet so they couldnt give me my rates.but he did sauy there is a min amount of $25 to add funds but they are waiving that for now. You can add any amount.

Offline brooke89

« Reply #222 on: February 20, 2013, 09:39:33 AM »
Thank you very much! I think I kinda get it now, although I have not been able to find anything about any kind of fees at all, all it is rating my call at is $4.10, with no connection fee & it hasn't said anything about any charge if you prepay on a debit card online or on the phone which I have seen many other ppl say, where did you find this, just in case I am just not seeing it??? I have not actually signed up for my account yet bc Consolidated is still being used at my l/o facility, which is Clayton work camp, does anyone else have a l/o there & know when they will see the change to securus??? Thanks!

Offline brooke89

« Reply #223 on: February 20, 2013, 10:03:21 AM »
Ok, another question!!! Lol I am trying to set up my securus account just so I have it done when everything goes through & Idk if I put that my l/o is at Clayton work camp, or Western DOC bc the Clayton work camp address doesnt seem right, but the Western address is the same address I write to him. But when he calls me now, it does say he is calling from the Clayton County work camp...I am so confused on which facility to say I am recieving the calls from, can anyone help me!?

Offline humbird37

« Reply #224 on: February 20, 2013, 10:56:31 AM »
chadsangel4  I am in Kentucky, and it is $5.15.
Yesterday he helped me, today he did the same!
How long will he continue? Forever....Praise his name!

Offline MrsW

« Reply #225 on: February 20, 2013, 01:42:09 PM »
Ok, another question!!! Lol I am trying to set up my securus account just so I have it done when everything goes through & Idk if I put that my l/o is at Clayton work camp, or Western DOC bc the Clayton work camp address doesnt seem right, but the Western address is the same address I write to him. But when he calls me now, it does say he is calling from the Clayton County work camp...I am so confused on which facility to say I am recieving the calls from, can anyone help me!?

You can call them to make sure, but after I set up my account it said I could now receive calls from IDOC, I think as long as you're on someones approved call list and have money on your account, calls can come from any facility. That has to be the case otherwise folks who have more than one L/O in the system would have a problem.

Offline chadsangel4

« Reply #226 on: February 20, 2013, 02:53:07 PM »
chadsangel4  I am in Kentucky, and it is $5.15.

That is awesome!  Thank you so much!! It is almost half of what I am paying with Consolidated! Woohoo!!
\\\"To take a life when a life has been lost is revenge, not justice.\\\"
-Desmond Tutu

Offline Dreamsicle

« Reply #227 on: February 20, 2013, 04:27:50 PM »
I did a live chat with Milton at Securus this morning and he said yes if you receive a call and there is no money on your account and you follow the prompt to add money, a third party company will change you $14.99 for that call. He said it only pays for that call. Ouch going from $4.10 to almost $15, that is crazy!!!  

:wc21: Beware of the EXTRA charges and services!  Securus is not suppose to charge for ANY extra's for this contract.  $4.10 per call plus taxes...that's it...no other products or services are allowed.  Pretty sure the $14.99 third party service is NOT a part of the Illinois contract.  Please contact the Attorney General if you get hooked into this one!

Offline stan77

« Reply #228 on: February 20, 2013, 05:07:04 PM »
Looking for answers to this phone topic.  my son was recently transferred to Sheridan.  Have not received a phone call (thank goodness he wrote, so that I know he is ok).  I've been trying to figure one basic thing out:
1) can they make calls out using the $$ on their commissary account  OR does a special account have to be setup w/ the phone system company

I'm struggling with what to do because I've ready he can't make calls within the first "so many days".  I see that Sheridan is scheduled to go to the new Securus phone company in 1 week.  So why would I put $$ or setup an account w/ Consolidated, when it changes and plus I don't even know if he can call out.  This is all so confusing to me.  And I really appreciate all the help from reading on this forum. 

Also, I was on Securus and I saw 4 different account types that could be setup 1) Advance Connect, 2) Direct Bill, 3) Traditional Collect and 4) Inmate Debit.  Does anyone have any input on these various types.  I used the website's to determine rates for each of those 4 types, so I could see if one was more cost effective than the other.  Priced out to my cell number from Sheridan & it showed up as $4.10 for all four of the account types.  I find it hard to believe that all types are the same amount.  I tried pricing the calls with both 15 and 30 minutes and they all showed up as costing $4.10.  I am betting something is wrong w/ their price rating. 

Offline nicemom

« Reply #229 on: February 20, 2013, 06:56:32 PM »
Set up my account glad that Consolidated is almost history.  should get an hour for what 30 minutes with CMS cost.   :wc22:

Offline chantygirl

« Reply #230 on: February 20, 2013, 08:52:55 PM »
Looking for answers to this phone topic.  my son was recently transferred to Sheridan.  Have not received a phone call (thank goodness he wrote, so that I know he is ok).  I've been trying to figure one basic thing out:
1) can they make calls out using the $$ on their commissary account  OR does a special account have to be setup w/ the phone system company

I'm struggling with what to do because I've ready he can't make calls within the first "so many days".  I see that Sheridan is scheduled to go to the new Securus phone company in 1 week.  So why would I put $$ or setup an account w/ Consolidated, when it changes and plus I don't even know if he can call out.  This is all so confusing to me.  And I really appreciate all the help from reading on this forum. 

Also, I was on Securus and I saw 4 different account types that could be setup 1) Advance Connect, 2) Direct Bill, 3) Traditional Collect and 4) Inmate Debit.  Does anyone have any input on these various types.  I used the website's to determine rates for each of those 4 types, so I could see if one was more cost effective than the other.  Priced out to my cell number from Sheridan & it showed up as $4.10 for all four of the account types.  I find it hard to believe that all types are the same amount.  I tried pricing the calls with both 15 and 30 minutes and they all showed up as costing $4.10.  I am betting something is wrong w/ their price rating. 

Inmates cannot pay for phone calls from their commissary (unless IDOC decides to allow the inmate debit accounts).  From what other have said, there's a hefty pricetag on the first call, if you don't have an account set up.  The different account types are taylored to fit.  Advance Connect is a prepaid account (you pay for it in advance), Direct bill means that they send a bill and you pay it–they require a credit check in most states, Traditional collect is just that– it's billed on your phone bill every month.  The Inmate debit may not be available for IDOC (because it states that not all facilities allow it).  I suggest calling them and asking them all the questions you have, and asking them which account they suggest for your situation.

Offline brooke89

« Reply #231 on: February 20, 2013, 09:04:21 PM »
Thank you =)

Offline stan77

« Reply #232 on: February 22, 2013, 10:15:04 PM »
thank you Chantygirl! 

Offline cem31

« Reply #233 on: February 25, 2013, 08:13:08 AM »
Have any other facilities been switched over to Securus yet? Logan & Lincoln are due to switch tomorrow according to the IDOC site, I'm so excited!! I'm patiently waiting to see if it's gona happen on time, I've only put funds on CCPS to last thru today =)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #234 on: February 25, 2013, 08:23:58 AM »
Have any other facilities been switched over to Securus yet? Logan & Lincoln are due to switch tomorrow according to the IDOC site, I'm so excited!! I'm patiently waiting to see if it's gona happen on time, I've only put funds on CCPS to last thru today =)

Big Muddy has been switched for weeks now and Danville was switched over last week, looks like a few more suppose to be switched this week and the bulk of them scheduled for March.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline nikkibaby26

« Reply #235 on: February 25, 2013, 11:58:00 AM »

Me too im waiting for a call from Logan CC
“When I saw you, I was afraid to meet you... When I met you, I was afraid to kiss you... When I kissed you, I was afraid to love you... Now that I love you, I'm afraid to lose you.”

Offline punksgirl

« Reply #236 on: February 25, 2013, 12:04:36 PM »
per the CO I spoke to yesterday, Pontiac is due to switch on Thursday 2/28

Offline me

• Support Staff
« Reply #237 on: February 25, 2013, 12:07:00 PM »
per the CO I spoke to yesterday, Pontiac is due to switch on Thursday 2/28

Pontiacs date is actually 2/27 (per the IDOC website).

http://www2.illinois.gov/idoc/communityresources/Pages/InmatePhoneServices.aspx

Offline brooke89

« Reply #238 on: February 25, 2013, 07:23:18 PM »
The website says that Western (incld work camp) starts 3/27 =) Wish it was sooner bc its wayyy cheaper! Lol but oh well, Im thinkin maybe that means I set up my account to Western also even though my l/o is in the work camp!

Offline belliott76

« Reply #239 on: February 26, 2013, 01:42:20 AM »
I'm wondering now that the calls are gonna be cheaper if this is gonna cause a bigger problem with the phones be used all the time and not everyone able to make calls.I hope not but guess will find out soon enough.my lo is in Vienna It's supposed to switch the 27th of this month.