Illinois Prison Talk
News:
Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK,  www.illinoisprisontalk.org -  A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections.  IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions.   This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2014.  All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 29, 2014, 01:41:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service  (Read 48845 times)
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2013, 12:33:09 PM »

The next time someone calls Securus, ask them how much their connections fees are on each call ... that plus taxes would have to be added to each call????

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
brezzie

Heavy Love Load

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2013, 12:54:32 PM »

I did they said they want have any connection fee. As I said in my post they don't know how much the tax will be yet they are still working on some  of setting up of their system. But there will be a $6.95 fee for each time you make a credit card payment on their website or on the phone.

Brezzie, snowmangel
Baby girl since 66
Support Staff

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2013, 04:27:10 PM »

Does anyone know how it is listed on caller ID?  I don't pick up if I don't know the caller.
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2013, 04:45:57 PM »

Not sure what the rules and regs will be for Illinois Prisons, but here are some rules&regs for Texas prisons.

It says calls could be up to 20 minutes, also from what I read, sending in money for calls through money order will not cost you anything, just may take a bit longer.

http://www.securustech.net/tdcj/rules.asp

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
MissAndrea

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2013, 06:03:06 PM »

I did they said they want have any connection fee. As I said in my post they don't know how much the tax will be yet they are still working on some  of setting up of their system. But there will be a $6.95 fee for each time you make a credit card payment on their website or on the phone.

Brezzie, snowmangel

I noticed on their website when it showed how much a call would be, that it showed a $0 connection fee. So that would be cool if there really wasn't one.

And I really hope they have another option to add money.

Not sure what the rules and regs will be for Illinois Prisons, but here are some rules&regs for Texas prisons.

It says calls could be up to 20 minutes, also from what I read, sending in money for calls through money order will not cost you anything, just may take a bit longer.

http://www.securustech.net/tdcj/rules.asp

Texas phone calls are only 20 minutes. I certainly hope that won't be the case with IL. Call me stingy, but I really like those 30 minutes.

~damnant quod non intellegunt~ They condemn what they do not understand.
jody0122

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2013, 06:43:45 PM »

When I called Centralia yesterday and asked to speak to a counselor,they did not seem to know anything about it.
I am trying to find out if and when the phone service will be switched at Centralia.
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2013, 06:49:56 PM »

When I called Centralia yesterday and asked to speak to a counselor,they did not seem to know anything about it.
I am trying to find out if and when the phone service will be switched at Centralia.

They have till March of 2013 to get all the prisons up and running. It seems like they have taken off any IDOC prisons from their list, if I am looking at it correctly.... maybe they won't list them until they are all ready.

Crowe29

I Will Love You Till They Take My Heart

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2013, 09:43:21 PM »

I'm so confused! My B is supposed to call me tomorrow...who do I call to put $ on the phone then? The Securus page is confusing as well. I looked up his facility, IRCC, and it's not on the list. Like humbird, I don't deal well with these changes either!

Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2013, 09:45:28 PM »

I'm so confused! My B is supposed to call me tomorrow...who do I call to put $ on the phone then? The Securus page is confusing as well. I looked up his facility, IRCC, and it's not on the list. Like humbird, I don't deal well with these changes either!

Crowe put money on consolidated for now, I don't think the switch has all been made yet.

DuckDuckGoose

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2013, 10:01:16 PM »

Baby girl since 66, the new number my lo gave me for answering the phone is 1-866-718-4777. I'm not sure if that will be the same number for all the prisons, but he's at BMR. Hope that helps.
me
Support Staff

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2013, 09:40:41 AM »

They have till March of 2013 to get all the prisons up and running. It seems like they have taken off any IDOC prisons from their list, if I am looking at it correctly.... maybe they won't list them until they are all ready.

The IDOC facilities are still on there.  I copied and pasted what it says for a call from Centralia to Chicago. 
Please note the area on the bottom where it says "NOTES:"

IL DOC CENTRALIA CORRECTIONAL

Rate Details For This Call
Call Duration: 30 Total Amount: $4.10 Rated Amount: $4.10 Connection Charge: $0.00

Breakdown Of Call Rate Per Minute 
Regular Rates
Time
  DAY
(08:00-16:59) EVE
(17:00-23:00) NIGHT
(23:01-07:59)
Initial Amount $4.10 $4.10 $4.10

Notes
Rate periods are based upon the time of the day a call is accepted.
Facilities may have a connection charge per call, an initial rate for the first minute of call, then a different rate for each minute after the first minute of call.
Rates subject to change. This rate quote is valid at 1/2/2013 8:36:18 AM
In addition to the quoted rate of the call, applicable taxes and fees may apply. Please refer to the account Terms, Conditions & Fees under Payment Product Options for additional information. 

\\\"Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.\\\"   1Corinthians 13:7
brezzie

Heavy Love Load

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2013, 01:58:33 PM »

I guess we have to wait and see just put small amount on CCPS accounts. My husband is in Western and they have not mentioned anything to the inmates yet.

Brezzie, wc73
jcruz1104

Always & Forever "Just Us"

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2013, 04:22:00 PM »

Securus Tech, is the company used for Cook county. Back in 2011 when F got locked up, I had to prepay for my cell and house, it was one account for both. Unlike CPS. I would put money and it was to both accounts. At the time I had comcast for my home phone and earlier this yr I switched to At&T for home and cell numbers. When F violated parole in Aug (this yr) My lines were no longer prepaid and became direct payment (billed to At&T) It was a monthly limit of $75, once its reached u can not receive calls, even if you pay your bill.  You have to wait until the next month. If you want a higher limit per month you have to become a prepaid customer. On the house line, I believe it was about $5-6 per call but only 15 min long. For my cell phone it was direct as well. That was $9.99 per phone call 15 min long. My bills are not on the same account so I think that as well had a $75 limit. When I receive my house bill, it was exactly what I thought my bill should have been, I didn't see any hidden costs.

I hope this helps a little. I also don't know when this company will take over, I figure once they do there will be a prompt at the beginning of the call with directions as to how to add money and or set up an account. I am also hoping since I had an account just a few months ago, I may not have to do anything. F will be out Feb and Ill be in Texas so I may not even have to deal with this. Good luck to those of you that have to and If I learn more i will pass along the info.

& he said to me "the level you think i love you is way more then you can imagine, we all we got"
jody0122

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2013, 05:56:31 PM »

I was told by securis today that they would be converting Centralia Correctional Facility sometime in March but not until then.
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2013, 06:01:22 PM »

Securus has till March 2013 to convert every prison over to their service, this is part of the contract they signed.

The contract started in 8/2012 and an emergency petition was signed to extend the time they had to get all equipment in and working till 3/31/2013.

jcruz1104

Always & Forever "Just Us"

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2013, 06:33:12 PM »

also one thing i remembered for the cell phone it is thru securus but another co handles any dropped calls or issues. i dont know if it will be the same of IDOC as it was for County.

& he said to me "the level you think i love you is way more then you can imagine, we all we got"
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2013, 06:37:17 PM »

Thanks JCruz, we will have to wait and see if IDOC plan differs from the one you explained that Cook County has, we will know all this soon I am sure!

humbird37

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2013, 01:34:01 PM »

Just wanted to let you all know....we got two calls using "securus" while we were gone this morning. The number on the call shows 8666184777. The message tells you to press "1" to accept the call. Hoping my son will call back, and can tell us more, but it sounds like they have taken over from consolidated.

Yesterday he helped me, today he did the same!
How long will he continue? Forever....Praise his name!
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2013, 03:44:47 PM »

Just wanted to let you all know....we got two calls using "securus" while we were gone this morning. The number on the call shows 8666184777. The message tells you to press "1" to accept the call. Hoping my son will call back, and can tell us more, but it sounds like they have taken over from consolidated.

humbird, your son is at BMR?? 

Just so everyone knows, SECURUS has not been activated at all prisons, they have till 3/31/2013 to get them all hooked up.

krstlcmpbll

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2013, 04:56:54 PM »

On IDOC website under inmate phone services there is an announcement about phone service and it says BMR will be 1/3/13 and more dates will be added when they find out just so everyone knows
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: