• December 12, 2018, 11:11:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service  (Read 267846 times)

Offline me

• Support Staff
Re: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service
« Reply #180 on: February 16, 2013, 12:00:20 AM »
 I was at Logan today, And they had a notice posted that the changeover date for the phone service There would be the same as stated on I DOC website, February 26, and the charge would be $4.10 for a 30 minute phone call. 

Offline babyonway1225

« Reply #181 on: February 16, 2013, 12:11:51 AM »
When I called to set up my account for Sheridan the lady had said the switch over would be taken place on Feb 25th.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #182 on: February 16, 2013, 07:47:56 AM »
Has anyone asked if IDOC is going to allow any of the other Products & Services for inmates,  Securus offers in their plans? 
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline cem31

« Reply #183 on: February 16, 2013, 09:55:22 AM »
I was at Logan today, And they had a notice posted that the changeover date for the phone service There would be the same as stated on I DOC website, February 26, and the charge would be $4.10 for a 30 minute phone call. 

That's great news that the call limit won't be less than the usual 30 minutes!! Where did you see it posted? I was just there Thursday and did not see anything about it...Thx

Offline me

• Support Staff
« Reply #184 on: February 16, 2013, 01:01:48 PM »

That's great news that the call limit won't be less than the usual 30 minutes!! Where did you see it posted? I was just there Thursday and did not see anything about it...Thx

I was there on Thursday and as well and it wasn't posted yet, they put it up on Friday in the second building where you check in during the week and get shook down.  It was taped to the side of the metal detector With some other notifications as well.

Offline MissAndrea

« Reply #185 on: February 16, 2013, 01:49:55 PM »
I wondering if there'd been any talk about Menard. I just looked at the list IDOC has and Menard is not on there. I realize there's still time, but a time frame would be nice to see.
~damnant quod non intellegunt~ They condemn what they do not understand.

Offline jdmlt

• Mod Squad
« Reply #186 on: February 16, 2013, 04:13:07 PM »
I added money to my account for the first time since opening the account with the 30.  And total was added no fees.

Offline kitana

« Reply #187 on: February 16, 2013, 06:29:24 PM »
Ok I did the live chat on their web site yesterday and according to matthew.....so if any of this is wrong its his fault LOL

He said they will be switched over at Graham on the 4th-7th of March (my friend told me the phones were already installed there)

He said normally there is a 425 minimum payment that has to be made but they are waving that right now until the end of Feb at least. He said it's a holiday promotion that they have held over because of the change. However, he could not guarantee that it will go past Feb 28th.

He said that every call is a flat rate of $4.10 plus tax regardless of how long you talk. He couldn't tell me what the taxes would be.

He said it was up to the prison how long you could talk and since Graham is 30 minutes now they ASSUME it will stay that long but they don't know.

He told me there is no connection fee. For Graham, he could only guarantee for graham.

He told me that as long as you use a credit card on the internet or phone there is no service fee. For Graham, he could only guarantee for graham.

Of course those last two things are different then what I read on the web site. So I don't know.

You must have at least the amount of the call ($4.10 plus tax) in your account or they will NOT connect the call. Which is a bummer because even hearing them for a few minutes is better than nothing at all.

Offline cem31

« Reply #188 on: February 16, 2013, 09:03:49 PM »
I spoke with Julian yesterday who informed me that per the contract with IDOC there is no service fee to reload your account, and that the current "no limit" promotion was due to end in Dec but was held over but there was no specified end date at this time. He stated that the 1st estimated call date for Logan would be Feb 25 (Feb 26 per the IDOC website), however it all depends on when CCPS removes their equipment, that Securus cannot go live until the prior equipment is removed. He stated that the calls for Logan will be $4.10 flat rate per call but was not sure of the time limit on each call, that the prison sets that. I spoke with my L/O today who stated the prison posted a memo stating that the new phone system will active as of Feb 21.

Julian also stated that once the "no limit" promo ends that there will be a $25 limit minimum {edited by admin}when funding prepay accounts online or by phone, however if you mail in check or money order there is no limit to how much you can load...doesn't make sense but ok. One thing he also noted is that if you wait until the first call comes in to fund your account that you may be charged a $14.95 load fee by a 3rd party company for loading at that time. That info conflicts with other info I have read in these posts so I'm not sure why that would be.

I loaded my account tonight (only $20 til the calls actually go active), there was no fee but my facility is still listed as Big Muddy. Hope this changes so I won't have any issues when he tries to call, I will keep watching my account.

Hope this info helps =)

Offline mz.thickie32

« Reply #189 on: February 17, 2013, 01:06:56 AM »
Do anybody if and when will Illinois River will get the change :wc14:

Offline DarkCloud

« Reply #190 on: February 17, 2013, 06:20:58 AM »
Do anybody if and when will Illinois River will get the change :wc14:
Illinois River    3/12/13.  It's on the IDOC web page.
http://www2.illinois.gov/idoc/communityresources/pages/inmatephoneservices.aspx

Offline kitana

« Reply #191 on: February 17, 2013, 08:07:25 AM »
I did a live chat with Milton at Securus this morning and he said yes if you receive a call and there is no money on your account and you follow the prompt to add money, a third party company will change you $14.99 for that call. He said it only pays for that call. Ouch going from $4.10 to almost $15, that is crazy!!! 

Offline chadsangel4

« Reply #192 on: February 17, 2013, 10:29:07 AM »
a $25 limit seems kind of low to me!  I will be adding money every week at that rate!  UGH!
\\\"To take a life when a life has been lost is revenge, not justice.\\\"
-Desmond Tutu

Offline jdmlt

• Mod Squad
« Reply #193 on: February 17, 2013, 12:43:17 PM »
I wonder if the $25 is the low limit and $250 is the high limit.  I think the waived was the low and you were able to add like $20 at this time

Offline chadsangel4

« Reply #194 on: February 17, 2013, 01:25:15 PM »
Okay, that makes sense!  Thanks for clarifying that!!!
\\\"To take a life when a life has been lost is revenge, not justice.\\\"
-Desmond Tutu

Offline cem31

« Reply #195 on: February 17, 2013, 01:54:06 PM »
I spoke with Julian yesterday who informed me that per the contract with IDOC there is no service fee to reload your account, and that the current "no limit" promotion was due to end in Dec but was held over but there was no specified end date at this time. He stated that the 1st estimated call date for Logan would be Feb 25 (Feb 26 per the IDOC website), however it all depends on when CCPS removes their equipment, that Securus cannot go live until the prior equipment is removed. He stated that the calls for Logan will be $4.10 flat rate per call but was not sure of the time limit on each call, that the prison sets that. I spoke with my L/O today who stated the prison posted a memo stating that the new phone system will active as of Feb 21.

Julian also stated that once the "no limit" promo ends that there will be a $25 limit when funding prepay accounts online or by phone, however if you mail in check or money order there is no limit to how much you can load...doesn't make sense but ok. One thing he also noted is that if you wait until the first call comes in to fund your account that you may be charged a $14.95 load fee by a 3rd party company for loading at that time. That info conflicts with other info I have read in these posts so I'm not sure why that would be.

I loaded my account tonight (only $20 til the calls actually go active), there was no fee but my facility is still listed as Big Muddy. Hope this changes so I won't have any issues when he tries to call, I will keep watching my account.

Hope this info helps =)

I'm sorry, I meant there is a $25 minimum after the promo period ends. I apologize for any confusion

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #196 on: February 17, 2013, 03:15:30 PM »

Julian also stated that once the "no limit" promo ends that there will be a $25 limit when funding prepay accounts online or by phone, however if you mail in check or money order there is no limit to how much you can load...doesn't make sense but ok. One thing he also noted is that if you wait until the first call comes in to fund your account that you may be charged a $14.95 load fee by a 3rd party company for loading at that time. That info conflicts with other info I have read in these posts so I'm not sure why that would be.

Hope this info helps =)

I'm sorry, I meant there is a $25 minimum after the promo period ends. I apologize for any confusion

I went back and edited your original post, I was confused too when you said that .. thank you for correcting this!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline ace2011

« Reply #197 on: February 17, 2013, 07:25:42 PM »
Today when I spoke with a lady she said I can put up to $500 at a time on the account.

Offline jdmlt

• Mod Squad
« Reply #198 on: February 17, 2013, 07:57:21 PM »
The internet adding of money is limited at $250.

Offline momm316

• FOM Editor
  • The King is Coming!
    • Fishers of Men Prison Ministries
« Reply #199 on: February 18, 2013, 12:35:52 PM »
I wanted to wait until I set up the account before I responded here. 

I called the Securus Correctional Billing Services number at 1-800-844-6591 just now and was able to set up a Direct Bill Account.  (There are also a couple different prepay account plans available)  What this means is I had to provide my social security number and they ran a credit check.  Based on the results of my credit check, they established a dollar limit on my account.  (I was told that this limit can be anywhere from $100 or $200 or $300 based on a person's credit rating)  What this meant was that I could not charge over the amount they established until I have received a bill and paid that bill by the due date on that bill. 

I was also told the charge was $4.10 plus tax for each call.  When I asked the number of minutes connected to this $4.10 charge, I was told fifteen (15) minutes.   (Currently, I am paying $8.00 + for a 30 minute call)    I was also told there would be a $3.49 monthly Federal some kind of charge and a $3.49 billing statement charge in addition to all the taxes we pay for telecommunications.

There is a website that has information at www.securustech.net

My son is at Dixon Correctional Center and the Securus representative said the connect date for Dixon is February 28-March 1, 2013.

Hope this information is helpful.  Blessings, Momm316

Because of Him, I am!