• October 21, 2018, 11:00:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service  (Read 261193 times)

Offline punksgirl

Re: Securus Tech - New IDOC Phone Service
« Reply #120 on: January 25, 2013, 05:26:18 PM »
Pontiac isn't on their list yet either.

Offline Dreamsicle

« Reply #121 on: January 27, 2013, 09:31:51 AM »
:wc24: I've been doing some more checking on Securus.  Seems as if they are not only NOT suppose to charge any fees but I guess they were not the lowest call rate that the state could have picked.  Consolidated actually offered $3.49 for a 30 minutes phone call compared to the $4.10 that Securus is charging.  Also, I guess this is not over.  Consolidated is fighting this with the ICC!  So could be the reason for the delays in the switch.

Dates for the switches have just been posted and one prison is already done.  Securus has a contract till 2015 and an extension to get the other prisons switched over with their equipment until March 2013, this was all set up at the time of signing the new contract.

After your last post, I posted on all the ways you can AVOID the $7.95 charge to put money on our account, just scroll back a few posts. Is your LO at Big Muddy as they are the only one that has made the switch so far??

Please provide links of what you are talking about as far as the pricing changes and the information on Consolidated fighting this.

I think I already know what you are talking about, is this where you are getting your information about Consolidated protesting Securus being awarded the contract?

http://www.icc.illinois.gov/docket/documents.aspx?no=12-0413

Consolidated doesn't want to lose the cash cow they have had with IDOC for so many years with these inmate calls and are they are desperately fighting this.

Thanks for the information about the $7.95 charge.  Still crazy that its that much and if I hate the fact that I will have to wait til they get my payment in order to talk to my LO.  Yes, I was speaking of the link for the ICC.  Looks like Consolidated is asking for clarification.   If you do a Freedom of Information request to see both Consolidated and Securus bids you can see the difference between the two bids.  I just don't want to get ripped off again.  Get enough of that all the way around!

Offline Mrs. G

• One Day
  • Even if u fall on ur face, u're still moving 4ward
« Reply #122 on: January 28, 2013, 01:43:52 PM »
Danville just had new phones placed in on Friday January 25th and on Sunday the 27th my husband called and we were still using Consolidated as the service. I checked on the IDOC website and it shows the complete transition to take place on Feb. 9th. in just a few weeks.

Hopefully the transition will be seamless.

Offline cem31

« Reply #123 on: February 05, 2013, 11:34:23 PM »
My L/O at Logan said the new phones have been installed, he made nite that the receiver cords are shorter so that may get a bit uncomfortable for them. No word yet on the transition, Securus says one date but IDOC says another. Taking it a day at a time, always a waiting game =)

Offline babyonway1225

« Reply #124 on: February 06, 2013, 03:44:53 AM »
My l/o called and said Sheridan had the phones put in over the weekend. they told him they should start to call out before the and of the month..

Offline me

• Support Staff
« Reply #125 on: February 06, 2013, 09:05:25 AM »
My L/O at Logan said the new phones have been installed, he made nite that the receiver cords are shorter so that may get a bit uncomfortable for them. No word yet on the transition, Securus says one date but IDOC says another. Taking it a day at a time, always a waiting game =)

The house where my l/o is in at Logan hasn't had the new phones installed yet.  Hopefully soon since the IDOC site says the switch over date for them is 2/26.

Offline Pbj

« Reply #126 on: February 07, 2013, 03:57:25 PM »
My LO is new to Vandalia. His phone list was approved and got his pin and everything, but has not been able to make any calls out. Does anyone know maybe why? It says Vandalia will not be switching over until March. I put money on a prepaid account with Consolidated already.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #127 on: February 07, 2013, 04:05:54 PM »
My LO is new to Vandalia. His phone list was approved and got his pin and everything, but has not been able to make any calls out. Does anyone know maybe why? It says Vandalia will not be switching over until March. I put money on a prepaid account with Consolidated already.

Have you called Consolidated to ask them if there is something wrong?
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Pbj

« Reply #128 on: February 07, 2013, 04:30:02 PM »
No, because he said its happening to all of the new guys and that the C.O.'s are telling them there are some glitches they are dealing with. I will call though now that you mention it to find out. Thanks

Offline teara29

« Reply #129 on: February 07, 2013, 11:15:26 PM »
Has anyone l/o told that the phone plan for Securus would be 100min for $9.99 and 1000min for $39.99???????

Offline humbird37

« Reply #130 on: February 08, 2013, 06:46:47 AM »
I have not heard anything like that. For me it has been  $5.15 how ever long you talk, cut off has been 30 minutes.
Yesterday he helped me, today he did the same!
How long will he continue? Forever....Praise his name!

Offline lori491999

« Reply #131 on: February 08, 2013, 08:49:33 AM »
I have not heard anything like that. For me it has been  $5.15 how ever long you talk, cut off has been 30 minutes.

I LOVE this!!!  I can't wait for EMCC to switch over for this very reason!

Offline me

• Support Staff
« Reply #132 on: February 08, 2013, 08:53:25 AM »

The house where my l/o is in at Logan hasn't had the new phones installed yet.  Hopefully soon since the IDOC site says the switch over date for them is 2/26.

The housing unit where my l/o is in - has now been switched over as of yesterday.  So it looks like they will probably be on time for the switch over date.

Offline teara29

« Reply #133 on: February 08, 2013, 09:28:07 AM »
$5.15 is still not bad. Are u close to that facility?

Offline humbird37

« Reply #134 on: February 08, 2013, 09:50:06 AM »
It doesn't seem to matter how near you are. My niece gets calls from my son, and she is in Washington State...we are about  100 miles away.
Yesterday he helped me, today he did the same!
How long will he continue? Forever....Praise his name!

Offline cem31

« Reply #135 on: February 08, 2013, 08:12:16 PM »

The housing unit where my l/o is in - has now been switched over as of yesterday.  So it looks like they will probably be on time for the switch over
date.

Thanks for the update!! I just got a call from him tonite and it was still Consolidated, he said a LT told some of the guys in his unit that the Securus phones are due to be active next week. We will have used all the CCPS funds by this Sunday, after that I will do it in 2 day increments until the switch actually happens.

Offline Dreamsicle

« Reply #136 on: February 10, 2013, 02:34:00 PM »
:wc24: I've been doing some more checking on Securus.  Seems as if they are not only NOT suppose to charge any fees but I guess they were not the lowest call rate that the state could have picked.  Consolidated actually offered $3.49 for a 30 minutes phone call compared to the $4.10 that Securus is charging.  Also, I guess this is not over.  Consolidated is fighting this with the ICC!  So could be the reason for the delays in the switch.

Dates for the switches have just been posted and one prison is already done.  Securus has a contract till 2015 and an extension to get the other prisons switched over with their equipment until March 2013, this was all set up at the time of signing the new contract.

After your last post, I posted on all the ways you can AVOID the $7.95 charge to put money on our account, just scroll back a few posts. Is your LO at Big Muddy as they are the only one that has made the switch so far??

Please provide links of what you are talking about as far as the pricing changes and the information on Consolidated fighting this.

I think I already know what you are talking about, is this where you are getting your information about Consolidated protesting Securus being awarded the contract?

http://www.icc.illinois.gov/docket/documents.aspx?no=12-0413

Consolidated doesn't want to lose the cash cow they have had with IDOC for so many years with these inmate calls and are they are desperately fighting this.

Thanks for the information about the $7.95 charge.  Still crazy that its that much and if I hate the fact that I will have to wait til they get my payment in order to talk to my LO.  Yes, I was speaking of the link for the ICC.  Looks like Consolidated is asking for clarification.   If you do a Freedom of Information request to see both Consolidated and Securus bids you can see the difference between the two bids.  I just don't want to get ripped off again.  Get enough of that all the way around!

I received my $23.85 back in processing fees.  Had to go through the Attorney General but they did credit me back.  And NO, they are not suppose to charge $7.95. 

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #137 on: February 11, 2013, 07:34:44 AM »
I received my $23.85 back in processing fees.  Had to go through the Attorney General but they did credit me back.  And NO, they are not suppose to charge $7.95.

You need to explain things further, pass it forward for other members, who pay this $7.95 charge too.  Why are they not suppose to charge it?   Are you talking a one time charge or repeated charges, please explain.  thank you!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Dreamsicle

« Reply #138 on: February 11, 2013, 03:53:59 PM »
I received my $23.85 back in processing fees.  Had to go through the Attorney General but they did credit me back.  And NO, they are not suppose to charge $7.95.

You need to explain things further, pass it forward for other members, who pay this $7.95 charge too.  Why are they not suppose to charge it?   Are you talking a one time charge or repeated charges, please explain.  thank you!

Sorry bout that.  I checked the copy of the contract I asked for and the pricing says there will be no setup fees for prepay.  If anybody makes a payment on a prepay account in Illinois they should not be charged $7.95.  Securus is suppose to credit everyone for those charges.  I would check your Securus account first to see if they  :datingg: put the $7.95 charges back to your calling account.  If not then you should call the attorney general's office and file a complaint.  :datingg:

Offline snshess

« Reply #139 on: February 11, 2013, 05:27:52 PM »

You need to explain things further, pass it forward for other members, who pay this $7.95 charge too.  Why are they not suppose to charge it?   Are you talking a one time charge or repeated charges, please explain.  thank you!

Sorry bout that.  I checked the copy of the contract I asked for and the pricing says there will be no setup fees for prepay.  If anybody makes a payment on a prepay account in Illinois they should not be charged $7.95.  Securus is suppose to credit everyone for those charges.  I would check your Securus account first to see if they  :datingg:put the $7.95 charges back to your calling account.  If not then you should call the attorney general's office and file a complaint.  :datingg:

That sounds great so if I understand correctly no charge to add money to a prepay account yeah!!!!!!