• November 14, 2018, 12:24:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Convicted Felons Wishing To Visit An Inmate In IDOC  (Read 37338 times)

Offline krstlcmpbll

Re: Convicted Felons Wishing To Visit An Inmate In IDOC
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2013, 03:24:46 PM »
thank you, its nice to get good news once in a while

Offline Cfrisby92

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2015, 08:29:25 PM »
I've got a ? I have been approved from the warden mu hubby got the letter I haven't received yet, can I go with it being on file?

Offline BobNBecka

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2015, 10:37:45 PM »
I was denied visits in Taylorville because of probation.  The letter said to try again ONE year after the probation ends.

Luckily he only has 6 months left, but getting to see him 7 days a month in Jacksonville, to NOTHING is an adjustment.

I'm his wife, and I wrote the warden explaining my situation, still denied.

Offline luvnhim

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2015, 09:37:57 AM »
I've got a ? I have been approved from the warden mu hubby got the letter I haven't received yet, can I go with it being on file?

I would call the assistant Warden's office or wait until you get the letter then bring it to your first visit. My loved one's mother is going through this and even though she's off of probation they are making her send her Ssn and dob along with the order releasing her from probation. They make you jump through so many hoops. Good luck to you! Hope you enjoy your visit when you do go!

Offline Cfrisby92

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2015, 11:14:09 AM »
I called her, and she said she just got my letter this morning. Didn't answer my ? When she approves me it will be on file and my hubby gets a copy can I go or do you know? I'm sorry for being confusing! Yes 30 mins away and I get so excited!

Offline luvnhim

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2015, 11:19:47 AM »
I called her, and she said she just got my letter this morning. Didn't answer my ? When she approves me it will be on file and my hubby gets a copy can I go or do you know? I'm sorry for being confusing! Yes 30 mins away and I get so excited!

Your husband should get an updated list soon and if you are on that list as approved I would then go fill your Prospective Visitor paperwork and take a copy of the letter (have husband mail you his letter) then go to visit (you should get your own letter as well). Which prison is this again? Good luck!

Offline jessica36057

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2017, 10:02:52 AM »
So at this moment I am very upset.. my LO was transferred to Lincoln cc where years ago when it was a women's facility I was there. before he was at Lawrence cc I had no issues visiting!! My last conviction was 2009. I have no been in trouble since!! We have a little boy together who begs to go see his Daddy and I received a phone call today stating I was denied because of my criminal history, and something about I was at the facility. Yes I was when it was women!!!
What can I do to get approval or something there is no one else to take my baby. And now we can not see him.. and I tried to call and talk to them but they do NOT care what so ever..  help pleas

Offline zachsmom

• Support Staff
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2017, 04:48:59 PM »
So at this moment I am very upset.. my LO was transferred to Lincoln cc where years ago when it was a women's facility I was there. before he was at Lawrence cc I had no issues visiting!! My last conviction was 2009. I have no been in trouble since!! We have a little boy together who begs to go see his Daddy and I received a phone call today stating I was denied because of my criminal history, and something about I was at the facility. Yes I was when it was women!!!
What can I do to get approval or something there is no one else to take my baby. And now we can not see him.. and I tried to call and talk to them but they do NOT care what so ever..  help pleas
      I'm afraid this will be the current wardens decision. You could write the warden a letter and explain your situation but you need to take a deep breath before your pen hits that paper and be very respectful and do not have anything negative to say in that letter. Don't allow your fears and frustration to get the best of you.

carmenyoung

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2018, 09:12:07 AM »
Hello can anyone assist me with the steps on how to visit an inmate once you have been denied? My fiancé is in Menard correctional facility in 2001 I went to visit his brother in Western correctional facility I was truthful on my form but denied visitation because I was a convicted felon from 1993 I had not tried to visit a facility again until my fiancé father passed in 2017 I have went through all the steps to have my record expunged I sent all the paperwork to the facilities Western approved me, Jacksonville (where my fiancé brother is currently housed approved me) Menard originally told me to get those cleared up which I did and now they are still denying me. I wrote them 6 months after the incident and they told me to get it cleared up once I got it cleared they said to wait until the year was up 8/8/2017 I wrote them again only to be denied now they are saying I have to wait a year. I feel Menard is playing games with me and I need to know what steps to take at this point when I have a court order from a judge expunging my record from 1993 I have not been in any trouble since that conviction and I sent the proof of all of that to Menard. please advise I am very frustrated this is someone who I plan to spend the rest of my life with we tried to go through Menard for the marriage but of course that has not happened my fiancé wrote the chaplain and warden a few times requesting this.