Illinois Prison Talk
News:
Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK,  www.illinoisprisontalk.org -  A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections.  IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions.   This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2014.  All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 21, 2014, 02:06:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending Mail to Pittsfield Work Camp  (Read 933 times)
MinLu

« on: August 15, 2012, 08:11:59 PM »

My boyfriend was transferred to Pittsfield Work Camp last week and the mail he's sent me has a return address of 23540 365th Street
Pittsfield, IL 62363. However, the IDOC website states inmate mail should be sent to the Jacksonville facility. Just to make sure, I called Pittsfield to confirm the mailing address and was told to send inmate mail to the Pittsfield address, not Jacksonville. I hope I received the correct information. For anyone with LOs in Pittsfield, which address do you send mail to?
Thanks in advance (-:
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 08:23:53 PM »

According to the IDOC website for Pittsfield Work Camp, this is the inmate mail address:

Inmate Mail:

Inmate Name & IDOC#

2268 East Morton Avenue
Jacksonville, IL 62650

http://www2.illinois.gov/idoc/facilities/Pages/PittsfieldWorkCamp.aspx

the address you give is the physcial address of the camp as stated in the link above.

If it's different they need to change it at their own website.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
MinLu

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 08:27:28 PM »

Thanks Forevermah, I'll call Pittsfield again tomorrow to double check. I might even call Jacksonville as well.
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 08:30:12 PM »

My understanding is all mail goes to the J'ville address and they make mail runs back and forth.. I would use the information they have posted on their website, even though the guys use the return address of the physical camp.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
cree

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 08:45:14 PM »

My LO too is at Pittsfeild and about two/months ago the Pittsfeild address became avaiable, they get their mail alot quicker that way. I've been using the new address with no problems.
MinLu

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 10:39:35 PM »

Cree, thank you for the information, I really appreciate it. I was so worried that all the mail I sent was going to be returned.
mikaelarose

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 01:37:32 PM »

I am trying to send books from Amazon to Pittsfield work camp Pittsfield told me to use this address 23540 365th st, pittsfield work camp, pittsfield, Illinois, 62363, but when I put that address in they say problem with address? Please help?
mrsflowers

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 02:26:20 PM »

I just called to get the address myself and the officer gave me.
Pittsfield work camp
365th street
Pittsfield il 62363...hope this helps!

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: