• February 20, 2019, 10:25:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Will Every Inmate Be Eligible for Supplemental Sentence Credits?  (Read 83806 times)

Offline GoodGirl

Re: Will Every Inmate Be Eligible for Supplemental Sentence Credits?
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2013, 04:57:24 PM »
Thanks!

Offline mikenlisa

« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2013, 09:06:08 AM »
This might not be the right board for me to post this so sorry in advance.  But, is anyone else really frustrated with this whole good time thing. Seems to me they are just letting out a handful at a time and most only have short amounts of time left.  Plus, they make rules and guidelines to follow and then I am seeing that a lot of guys that have been released either are repeat offenders and/or have Class X felonies.  What is the point in them making these rules to not follow them?  Seems like an awful lot of time was spent on making them to not follow them.  Just a vent, but really getting frustrated!!!

Offline anishav

« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2013, 10:13:41 PM »
How often do they update the early release list for inmates that are eligible.

Offline fairveiw0919

« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2013, 01:05:39 AM »
I thought before when I read this it said parole violator s are notable to recieve this...am I missing it now?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2013, 06:32:36 AM »
I thought before when I read this it said parole violator s are notable to recieve this...am I missing it now?

You are not missing anything, parole violators are not eligible to receive SSC.  We have posted this many times here on IPT:

d)         No offender shall be eligible to receive supplemental sentence credit if he or she:

1)         Is serving a sentence for an offense excluded pursuant to Section

3-6-3(a)(3) of the UCOC;

2)         Has been found guilty of a 100-level disciplinary offense under 20 Ill. Adm. Code 504;

3)         Has been found guilty of, or has a pending charge resulting from, a criminal offense committed during his or her current term of incarceration;

4)         Has been returned to the Department for a violation of his or her parole or mandatory supervised release; or

5)         Has been returned to a facility from an impact incarceration program for voluntary termination or termination for disciplinary reasons.

e)         No offender whose court sentencing order recommends substance abuse treatment for offenses committed on or after September 1, 2003 shall be awarded supplemental sentence credit unless:
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline kasa

« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2016, 08:39:33 PM »
end is not here.... unless; ? *(PARAGRAPH ABOUT SUBSTANCE ABUSE PROGRAM)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2016, 06:48:22 AM »
end is not here.... unless; ? *(PARAGRAPH ABOUT SUBSTANCE ABUSE PROGRAM)

ftp://www.ilga.gov/JCAR/AdminCode/020/020001070C02100R.html
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline ashleysiek

« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2016, 09:02:02 AM »
Would someone charged with first degree murder be eligible for ssc?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #88 on: June 17, 2016, 03:51:45 PM »
Would someone charged with first degree murder be eligible for ssc?

No, they usually have to do all their time.

Offline msoptimistic

« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2019, 10:09:22 AM »
Dumb question with so much going on I get confused with all this politics stuff. Is this the same bill that was passed and edsc was still not being given as of last year?? And do the same regulations apply?

Offline bquinonez

• Its me "B"
« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2019, 12:39:49 PM »
Inmates who work industry job or go to school are eligible for the program credit dispite murder charge.
Two Hearts One Love

Offline trauma4us

« Reply #91 on: February 05, 2019, 06:09:41 AM »
Inmates who work industry job or go to school are eligible for the program credit dispite murder charge.

Unless they were sentenced under the truth in sentencing law which negates any good time except what was written at sentencing. If you are on a 100%, 85%, 75% truth in sentencing sentence, thats what you will serve and there is no "good time".

Offline 3tenjen

« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2019, 12:09:42 AM »
Are parole violators eligible for good time?

Online Meami

« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2019, 07:52:48 AM »
Are parole violators eligible for good time?
Hi Jen, I don’t think so. My LO who is in for parole violation said he is not eligible and just a couple posts up from here in this thread, the group talked about parole violation eligibility. Forevermah posted a link and post that states those returning on a parole or MSR violation are not eligible to receive this credit.

Offline 3tenjen

« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2019, 12:08:49 PM »
I read thru it a couple times nisrge missed that. Thanks for replying! I know we chatted about violation in PM I get so upset thinking about this whole thing and I start crying, sorry Forevermah for asking a repetitive question. My LO is still sitting in Pulaski County jail awaiting being transferred to Menard for IPB. Do you guys think he has a chance of not being violated? He went AWOL on his monitor and ended up picking up a charge for agg fleeing/evading. Police chase... I was in the car it was absolutely nuts. Anyway, he plead to it last Monday. I feel like he may have a chance to be put back on monitor and not be violated but idk....
:-(   Any thoughts?

Online Meami

« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2019, 08:21:51 PM »
It’s really hard to say. From what I’ve learned it depends on the day, depends on the PRB  he’s in front of. I do know that being arrested, and being found guilty or pleading guilty automatically gives them a reason to violate you. Believe me, my heart is continuing to break as we work through this violation stuff. My LO sent me the violation paperwork, and it’s just heartbreaking to read what they wrote and yet clearly didn’t care about. and there’s not much we can do. When he goes in front of the board if he’s honest, owns it like he did for court but explain how he knows the path to get better and just has to follow it - maybe there is a small chance they’ll let him go with updated conditions. Good luck. Keep us posted.

Offline 3tenjen

« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2019, 11:21:01 PM »
Best to you guys too XO