Illinois Prison Talk
News: wc75-1  ILLINOIS PRISON LOCKDOWN STATUS:

SHAWNEE ON LOCKDOWN. CALL BEFORE VISITING.
DIXON ON LOCKDOWN. CALL BEFORE VISITING.
ILLINOIS RIVER ON LOCKDOWN. CALL BEFORE VISITING.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2014, 10:51:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Federal Prison  (Read 18184 times)
AJAP

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2013, 02:25:01 PM »

I am posting as a former Federal inmate as well as somebody who wrote a Federal inmate that did his last few years in Stateville;  the OP is forgetting to mention that there are some things available for an IL inmate to buy that isn't available to even the lowest security Federal inmate.  Perhaps things have changed, but when my Pal was in IL he was able to buy a typewriter and a TV - neither of those are available to a Federal inmate.  Hot Pots aren't available to Federal inmates either.

Federal inmates only get 300 minutes in phone time per month - not unlimited.

There are only 11 States that have prisons for female Federal inmates; this mean women from 39 States will go out of State for sure and more than that depending on security levels.  Odds are a bit better for males, but having a Federal prison in your home State does not ensure you will go there.  My husband was housed over 500 miles from where his family was.

As mentioned most Federal inmates do 85% of their time; a few get time off for drug classes, but that is the only way so if you don't have addiction issues you are SOL.

It really is pointless comparing a State prison to a Federal prison and only leads to frustration.  There basically is NO good prison - there is only bad and less bad and the key is to get out of prison and stay out!

lori491999
Mod Squad

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2013, 03:43:29 PM »

There basically is NO good prison - there is only bad and less bad and the key is to get out of prison and stay out!

yesmi

with love everything is possible

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2013, 12:46:07 PM »

not sure if im posting this in the right place:

Does anyone know a website where i can see a picture of a inmate at Pekin (federal prsion)?

MissAndrea

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2013, 03:18:29 PM »

The BOP website has an inmate locator, however, the site does not provide photos of any inmate. Said person can send you a photo of themselves.

~damnant quod non intellegunt~ They condemn what they do not understand.

Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: