Illinois Prison Talk
News:
Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK,  www.illinoisprisontalk.org -  A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections.  IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions.   This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2014.  All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 01, 2014, 05:12:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EAST MOLINE Work Camp  (Read 2792 times)
Forevermah
Administrator

« on: March 09, 2012, 07:43:09 PM »

East Moline Work Camp 

Tod Van Wolvelaere, Warden 

Facility Data

East Moline Work Camp

Opened: November 1980

Minimum Security Adult Male

*Current Population East Moline Work Camp: 116

*As of 5/31/2012. Reflects bed space capacity analysis as outlined in the July 1, 2012 Quarterly Report to the Legislature.

East Moline Correctional Center is the parent institution for East Moline Work Camp
Visiting Hours

IDOC Visitation Rules and Information—please review before visiting

Visitors to any correctional facility will be required to produce photo identification and verification of date of birth. Please be sure to bring 2 forms of identification with you; these would include a current photo ID such as a driver’s license, a state ID card, government ID card, military ID/driver’s license, or acceptable documentation of non-U.S. citizenship including a current Passport, or Visa, documentation must contain the visitor’s date of birth. Expired forms of identification will not be accepted. Visitors will also be required to provide vehicle information and other pertinent data, such as government identification, official credentials, attorney registration, and or law student certification.

8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. seven (7) days a week.  Offenders are permitted seven (7) visits per month, with no more than three (3) on weekends or holidays.

Facility Address

Business Mail:
100 Hillcrest Road
 East Moline, IL  61244

Inmate Mail:
Inmate Name & IDOC#

100 Hillcrest Road
 East Moline, IL 61244

Phone: (309) 755-4511

Facility Information

East Moline Work Camp is a minimum security adult male correctional facility. It is located in northwest Illinois overlooking the Mississippi River. The facility is on the grounds of East Moline Correctional Center, which was converted from a mental health facility in 1980. The facility consists of a total of 26 buildings, which comprise of more than 430,000 square feet, and sits on more than 80 acres with 60 acres being enclosed by fencing.

Inmate Programs
 Academic:
 •ABE (Adult Basic Education)
•GED (General Education Development)

Vocational Services:
•Construction Occupations
•Culinary Arts
•Custodial Maintenance

Industries:
•Laundry 

Other:

·         Individual and Group Counseling
•Incarcerated Veterans Transition Program
•Health Services
•Psychological Services
•Lifestyle Redirection
•Leisure Time Activities
•Library Services
•Parole School

Chaplaincy Services:
 •Alcoholics Anonymous
•Narcotics Anonymous
•Worship Services
•Toastmasters
•Tutoring

Community Services (work crews)
 •Storm and flood cleanup
•Setup and teardown of local area festivals
•Sandbagging

http://www2.illinois.gov/idoc/facilities/Pages/EastMolineWorkCamp.aspx

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
waitingagain

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 04:44:07 PM »

Hello Everyone,
Can anyone tell me what the current conditions are at East Moline Correctional. Do they still call it Sweet Moline? My L/O was just told that his transfer from Dixon to East Moline was approved at the facility level and has now been sent to Springfield for approval and I was just curious about conditions. I don't think it will be approved, but you can never tell with IDOC. Also I did read most of the East Moline board and I know he will not be able to take clothing, but does anyone know if he will be able to take his TV, fan and hotpot with him?

Waitingagain

Courage

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 10:51:08 PM »

My husband has been there since October and he was told that after the escape in early October they put in more restrictions. So the inmates that were there before the escape said it was a good place but after the escape it is just like every place else. I know they don't have very many classes to offer and it seems like some staff keep quitting and they don't get in a hurry to replace them. I'm sure like every place else the food sucks. He hasn't had trouble with anyone there. Some guards are nice and some aren't. I don't know about if he would be able to take anything with him, you might ask his counselor. If you have any more questions I'd be happy to answer!
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: