Illinois Prison Talk
News: wc75-1  ILLINOIS PRISON LOCKDOWN STATUS:

MENARD ON LOCKDOWN. CALL BEFORE VISITING.
VANDALIA ON LOCKDOWN. CALL BEFORE VISITING.
STATEVILLE ON LOCKDOWN. CALL BEFORE VISITING. 

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 01, 2014, 01:20:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can an inmate parole in a different state?  (Read 1880 times)
lovienicole

« on: January 30, 2012, 09:28:12 AM »

My son's father is an inmate at Shawnee. He's parole date is 01/11/13. He is very concerned about his living situation in IL. He is wanting to come to Nashville, but he was told that we have to be married. Is is true? I have heard of others paroling in different states. My family can provide a place for him to stay and work. Plus, our child is here. I don't know where to start to find any information to help him with this. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 09:50:44 AM »

My son's father is an inmate at Shawnee. He's parole date is 01/11/13. He is very concerned about his living situation in IL. He is wanting to come to Nashville, but he was told that we have to be married. Is is true? I have heard of others paroling in different states. My family can provide a place for him to stay and work. Plus, our child is here. I don't know where to start to find any information to help him with this. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You would have to be married, or he would of had to of lived there prior to his going into IDOC.  We have a board here on IPT, our Interstate Compact Board, which has all the details about paroling out of state and what must be done by the inmate, here is the link:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php/board,31.0.html

Check it out, you will find much information!  

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
lovienicole

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 12:41:26 PM »

Thank you so much!
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: