Illinois Prison Talk
News: wc75-1  ILLINOIS PRISON LOCKDOWN STATUS:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 25, 2014, 05:08:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending money via Western Union or JPay  (Read 4404 times)
badboy3

« on: June 13, 2011, 10:45:26 PM »

I am confused.  In one place it says you have to send at least $200 via Western Union or JPay.  In another place it says you can send any amount via Western Union or JPay.  Will the IDOC system accept less than $200 at a time?  I don't want to send less and then it never show up on my sons account.  I cannot afford to send more than $50.00 to $100.00 at a time and Western Union or JPay is much more convenient for me to send than money order.
TimeStandsStill
Mod Squad

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 10:48:16 PM »

wc12 to IPT!

$200 is the MAXIMUM for one money order.  You can send $50 or $100 or even $20 through Jpay and Western Union.

How can I send money to an inmate?
Inmates may receive money via JPAY, Western Union or money order.

Electronic Payments: Funds up to $5,000 may be sent to inmates via the following methods.

JPAY at www.jpay.com
Money Gram locations using the Blue Money Gram Express Payment Form -  receiving code is 7364
Western Union at www.westernunion.com or at locations using the Quick Collect Form – code city and state are ILDOC  IL

For all electronic transfer of funds, the inmate IDOC number and incarcerated last name must be used. Funds are anticipated to be applied to the inmate’s account within 24 - 48 business hours. Funds sent during an inmate transfer between facilities may take longer than 24 – 48 business hours.

Money Orders: Inmates may receive money orders not to exceed $200. The money orders must be completed with the inmate name, IDOC inmate number, sender’s name and address. The department reserves the right to withhold the money from the inmate until the money order clears the bank. The money orders should be mailed to the inmate’s current correctional facility.

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php/topic,19892.0.html

boop

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 09:15:01 AM »

Simple answer is yes, you can send $50.00 or less. I prefer Jpay myself, there is a fee depending on the amount sent, they get it in just a few days; you can reviewd the schedule of when you need to send the money to get to them by a certain date. I usually send $40.00 monthly. For Jpay you go to the website then set up the inmate on your account; you have to set up an account first to do this. Hope this answers your question. 
Bobsgirl17

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 09:26:33 AM »

wc12 to IPT!

$200 is the MAXIMUM for one money order.  You can send $50 or $100 or even $20 through Jpay and Western Union.

Actually not all facilites allow a $200 money order.  I know that Taylorville will allow $200 but you have to send it in 4 - $50 money orders.
boop

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 09:30:23 AM »

It's best to call the facility if you are sending a money order....that's why Jpay is so easy...www.jpay.com
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 09:30:34 AM »

wc12 to IPT!

$200 is the MAXIMUM for one money order.  You can send $50 or $100 or even $20 through Jpay and Western Union.

Actually not all facilities allow a $200 money order.  I know that Taylorville will allow $200 but you have to send it in 4 - $50 money orders.

I would call the CC your loved one is at and ask, this way you won't have any problems later.  I thought ALL of IDOC changed to $200 now instead of sending in 4 separate orders.  See below!

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
hisbaby

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 09:33:55 AM »

When my l/o first got to his parent prison I sent him $300 with no problems through western union.  I didn't even think about there being a limit, thank goodness it went through. 
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 09:34:36 AM »

This is straight from the IDOC website:

How can I send money to an inmate?
Inmates may receive money via JPAY, Western Union or money order.

Electronic Payments: Funds up to $5,000 may be sent to inmates via the following methods.

* JPAY at www.jpay.com
    * Money Gram locations using the Blue Money Gram Express Payment Form -  receiving code is 7364
    * Western Union at www.westernunion.com or at locations using the Quick Collect Form – code city and state are ILDOC  IL

For all electronic transfer of funds, the inmate IDOC number and incarcerated last name must be used. Funds are anticipated to be applied to the inmate’s account within 24 - 48 business hours. Funds sent during an inmate transfer between facilities may take longer than 24 – 48 business hours.

Money Orders: Inmates may receive money orders not to exceed $200. The money orders must be completed with the inmate name, IDOC inmate number, sender’s name and address. The department reserves the right to withhold the money from the inmate until the money order clears the bank. The money orders should be mailed to the inmate’s current correctional facility.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 09:37:42 AM »

When my l/o first got to his parent prison I sent him $300 with no problems through western union.  I didn't even think about there being a limit, thank goodness it went through. 
There is no limit through Jpay & Western, it's ONLY if you send in money orders.

Mcaballero

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 09:38:03 AM »

wc12  wc30  wc7

-Meli XOXO
hisbaby

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 09:46:12 AM »

Thank you, hopefully now that he is settled I won't have to send that much again...  wc69
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: