• March 18, 2019, 07:25:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: What should I wear? Dress Code for Visiting for Individual Prisons  (Read 87602 times)

Offline Pamalynn

Re: What should I wear? Dress Code for Visiting for Individual Prisons
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2011, 10:12:40 AM »
It seems like the co's are given a lot of room for their own interpretation on what is appropriate. I've seen a women in leggings have to change, but another who's jeans were sooooo tight, let in. I saw a co walk in from the parking lot & tell the co behind the desk that a woman was coming in with skin tight clothes & too short shorts. When I saw her come in she looked fine to me. Her shorts were just above the knee and her top was not baggy, but by no means skin-tight.  :wc24:
You can search the world for happiness, but you won't find it. Happiness is the way you travel, not a destination.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2011, 05:48:23 AM »
 :wc105:
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline tabbylover

« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2011, 12:25:33 AM »
Shawnee Visits:  wore shorts no problem, the vending machines take singles and change was told there refilled on Wednesdays. no long wait to get in.  Nice and cool visiting room with ceiling fans, and a pretty garden to look at and a humming  bird feeder on the window.   The officers there were extremely nice and helpful.  Best facility I have visited so far and I have been to a few.

Offline NeddieB

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2011, 08:08:08 PM »
I recently went to visit at Southwestern Correctional Facility and they are going to start a new (possibly just enforcing an old) rule of allowing only one ring being worn into the visiting area.  I have visited there many times now and it was never mentioned about only one ring.  The guard said this is a new rule and I would only be allowed to wear in my wedding rings.  Thought I would pass this along since it does not seem it was a rule that applied in the past (at least not at Southwestern, not sure about other facilities).

Offline piirate

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2011, 08:44:43 PM »
So, I got a letter from my boyfriend saying that he doesn't think Danville allows you to wear thongs. Is this true?

Offline Ira

« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2011, 09:01:06 PM »
How the hell are they going to check on that? They don't do strip search on visitors, and they can't really feel it through clothes (unlike bras). But  that's an interesting question....

Offline seaturtle

• Once in a Lifetime you find the One that completes you.
  • Rest in the arms of the Dragon.
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2011, 09:17:02 PM »
Yes, interesting Indeed.  I would love to know the answer.....and how it will be enforced.  I got patted down and had to shake out my bra, but they never patted my butt.  LOL :wc15:
Once in a Lifetime you find the One that completes you.  <3

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2011, 09:27:44 PM »
They pull the back of your pants out to see if you are wearing underwear, they would see if it was a thong or not, they check for underwear at many prisons.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Ira

« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2011, 09:31:30 PM »
Oh wow  :wc26:

Offline piirate

« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2011, 10:18:40 PM »
Guess I better not wear a thong then. haha.

Offline sanders

« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2011, 09:52:12 AM »
Ok this might sound stupid but my LO called my yesterday bc he just got moved last wk to taylorville and he was telling me that i wont be able to wear my thongs when i go visit him??? Is this true to anyone who has LO at taylorville? im not going to buy new underwear to go see him LOL

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2011, 10:02:05 AM »
I have herd of different facilities not allowing Thong undies. Not sure if Taylorville does or not.Sorry.... I do believe that there is a link on here that covers this Topic (do a search up top in the search box).Hope you get the answer you are looking for.If not I would go some where like Walmart and buy a cheap pair so that I you would be able to get in when you do go to see him. Sorry I couldn't of been more help to you. Have a Blesses Day.Angela    :wc71:
P.S. Maybe you can call Taylorville and ask?

Offline Ira

« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2011, 12:32:18 PM »
No, they do not check your underwear. I know this for a fact, because I go there every 3 weeks, and just been there on Saturday.
Any other questions about clothes - feel free to ask me

Offline Pamalynn

« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2011, 04:15:55 PM »
They pull the back of your pants out to see if you are wearing underwear, they would see if it was a thong or not, they check for underwear at many prisons.

Oh my.....I'm glad they've never done that to me. I guess based on my age & size they probably figure I'm granny panties  :wc15:
You can search the world for happiness, but you won't find it. Happiness is the way you travel, not a destination.

Offline hisbaby

« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2011, 04:17:45 PM »
I have been going to Danville since March and NEVER have they checked or asked me about my underwear.  I normally go 3 times a month.   :mummy:

Offline TimeStandsStill

• Mod Squad
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2011, 04:23:19 PM »
Ok this might sound stupid but my LO called my yesterday bc he just got moved last wk to taylorville and he was telling me that i wont be able to wear my thongs when i go visit him??? Is this true to anyone who has LO at taylorville? im not going to buy new underwear to go see him

So you choose your thongs over your LO?  Seriously, you wouldn't buy new undies if that's what it took to see your LO???   :wc13:

Offline Ira

« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2011, 04:25:38 PM »
Ok this might sound stupid but my LO called my yesterday bc he just got moved last wk to taylorville and he was telling me that i wont be able to wear my thongs when i go visit him??? Is this true to anyone who has LO at taylorville? im not going to buy new underwear to go see him

So you choose your thongs over your LO?  Seriously, you wouldn't buy new undies if that's what it took to see your LO???   :wc13:

that's a good question too..

Offline TimeStandsStill

• Mod Squad
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2011, 04:29:21 PM »
I have been going to Danville since March and NEVER have they checked or asked me about my underwear.  I normally go 3 times a month.   :mummy:

It depends on the CO who is checking, too. I've only had to do that one time in fifteen visits at BMR.  I had to pull up the band of the back of my underwear just enough for her to see it.  Not a big deal really.

Offline piirate

« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2011, 05:01:04 PM »
They didn't actually check for a thong but I can tell how she was searching me that she was feeling for it.. if that makes sense.

Offline BettyBlue

« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2011, 05:19:56 PM »
 :wc13:
First time in almost 4 years visiting, I was asked about the type of underware I had on, just this last weekend. I was at J-ville, but have been at Robinson and BMR. Yes I wear granny panties too....... :wc15: