• February 20, 2019, 10:22:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Administrative Code for Work Release Qualifications  (Read 14026 times)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Administrative Code for Work Release Qualifications
« on: March 29, 2011, 06:51:56 PM »
Here is the actual administrative code for work release:

Committed persons who meet the following criteria may submit a request for consideration for placement in a community correctional center to designated program staff.

a)         To be considered for placement, the committed person must:

1)         Not be serving a sentence for murder, any Class X felony, attempted murder, voluntary manslaughter, aggravated kidnapping, kidnapping, indecent liberties with a child or arson.

2)         Not have any documented involvement in organized crime activities.

3)         Not have any documented large scale narcotics trafficking.

b)         For pre-release placement as a regular resident, the committed person must:

1)         Have no more than 2 years and no less than 2 months remaining prior to his release date.

2)         Be in "A" grade (20 Ill. Adm. Code 504.130).

3)         Have a designated security classification of minimum with supervision or minimum.

4)         Have no outstanding warrants or detainers against him.

5)         Have no acute medical or dental problems requiring resolution prior to a transfer.

6)         Receive a positive assessment of risk and needs.

7)         Have no incidents of escape or escape attempts within the last five years.

8)         Not have received disciplinary action resulting in confinement in segregation or loss of good time within the last 45 days prior to his application for pre-release placement.

c)         For placement as a permanent party resident, the committed person must:

1)         Be within 2½ years of his release date.

2)         Be in "A" grade.

3)         Be classified for minimum security.

4)         Have no outstanding warrants or detainers on file.

5)         Receive a positive assessment of risk and needs.

6)         Have documented skills for the work assignment requested.  An applicant for a work assignment as a cook must have a food handler's sanitation certificate.

http://www.ilga.gov/commission/jcar/admincode/020/020004550000300R.html

The whole work release code/wording:

http://www.ilga.gov/commission/jcar/admincode/020/02000455sections.html
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline TimeStandsStill

• Mod Squad
Re: Administrative Code for Work Release Qualifications
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 06:59:17 PM »
"c)       For placement as a permanent party resident, the committed person must:"

Mah, what does permanent party resident mean?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 07:09:04 PM »

"c)         For placement as a permanent party resident, the committed person must:"

Mah, what does permanent party resident mean?

"Permanent party resident" means a committed person who has been transferred from an adult facility to a community correctional center on a work assignment.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline TimeStandsStill

• Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 07:12:36 PM »
And a "regular resident"?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 07:27:22 PM »
OK, I changed the permanent description and here is the regular resident:

"Regular resident" means a committed person who has been transferred from an adult facility to a community correctional center prior to his release date for purposes authorized under Ill. Rev. Stat 1983, ch. 38, par. 1003-13-2.

The Illinois statute merely states that the prison system "may allow" an inmate to participate in work release "where such release would assist the individual's rehabilitation and would not cause undue risk to the public." 730 ILCS 5/3-13-2 (1994) [previously Ill.Rev.Stat., ch. 38, para. 1003-13-2].

Offline TimeStandsStill

• Mod Squad
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 07:33:10 PM »
Thanks Mah!  Sometimes all of these different terms sound so simple but yet are complicated at the same time.....

Now all I have to do is find Ill. Rev. Stat 1983, ch. 38, par. 1003-13-2.    :-)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 07:40:37 PM »
The Illinois statute merely states that the prison system "may allow" an inmate to participate in work release "where such release would assist the individual's rehabilitation and would not cause undue risk to the public." 730 ILCS 5/3-13-2 (1994) [previously Ill.Rev.Stat., ch. 38, para. 1003-13-2].

Offline TimeStandsStill

• Mod Squad
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 08:20:19 PM »
You just saved me a whole lot of time!   :wc38:

Offline chase

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 05:21:10 AM »
Good info.   Thanks.  Id do have a question though.  My L/O is in a for a Class X Felony but his counselor and then another the other day both have told him he is eligible for work release when the time come.  The said there is some type of allowance for Class X Non-Violent Offenders.  Does anyone know.  I did suggest they show him it in writing. 
Waiting on the East Coast

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 06:14:39 AM »
Good info.   Thanks.  Id do have a question though.  My L/O is in a for a Class X Felony but his counselor and then another the other day both have told him he is eligible for work release when the time come.  The said there is some type of allowance for Class X Non-Violent Offenders.  Does anyone know.  I did suggest they show him it in writing. 

If his counselor is telling him he would be eligible, then when the time is right he needs to fill out the paperwork. YES, some Class X convictions are eligible and they do get into work release.  Good Luck to him!

Offline chase

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 06:58:32 AM »
Thank you for your info.  From everything I read Class X was not eligible so I was unsure, so thank you for your info.  Do you know if there as a place I can find the exceptions? 
Waiting on the East Coast

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 06:59:14 AM »
Thank you for your info.  From everything I read Class X was not eligible so I was unsure, so thank you for your info.  Do you know if there as a place I can find the exceptions?  

Look at the first post in this topic here are some:

Not be serving a sentence for murder, any Class X felony, attempted murder, voluntary manslaughter, aggravated kidnapping, kidnapping, indecent liberties with a child or arson.

Your inmate has to speak to his counselor, they will know if he is eligible and someone else posted just last night, that some inmates with Class X have to apply straight to Springfield, I'll see if I can find the name of the list they mentioned and post it back in here.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2011, 07:06:39 AM »
OK, this is a quote fromcolorado in another topic:

There are two ways to apply for a transfer to an ATC. One is be on the TR109 list from Springfield. This list is for people that Springfield thinks may qualify and it comes out at the beginning of every month. You must be at least 27 months short at the time of the list's release to be on it. The other way is apply on your own. You must be at least 26 months short to apply for regular work release, and 33 months short to apply for permanent party ( working in the ATC). A lot of joints will only let you apply until you have been there 6 months regardless of how much time you have left though. Once approved, you cannot transfer to the ATC until you are 24 months short.

Offline Ericka

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2011, 09:31:28 AM »
I really feel bad and I owe my loved one an apology. 

His PD told me that he is a class X felon and my LO has been telling me for months that he does not have a class X....I didn't believe him!  I called Southwestern today and they confirmed that he is not a class X felon and can be considered for work release if he was at another prison.

The counselor also stated that class x felons sometime do get work release as Springfield will give an exception to some class x felons depending on what the crime was.

Again, thanks for the all the information...now let me go find some "guts" to tell him he was right and I was wrong!!

Ericka

Offline mari8730

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2011, 02:40:03 PM »
Hi
I am new to this...but my husband will be eligible for work release next year but he is not sure that he will get it because he said it is very hard to get into...Is there anything I can do to help him? Anyone I can write to on his behalf?
I appreciate any info
thank you!

Offline bmonska

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2011, 03:19:57 PM »
Unfortunately there's nothing any of us can do on the outside to help our LO's get into work release. There's no one to write or call. It needs to be initiated by your LO from the inside with his counselor. His counselor can tell him more about the process.