• December 18, 2018, 06:14:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Parole Discharge Letter  (Read 16259 times)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Parole Discharge Letter
« on: March 06, 2011, 02:12:08 PM »
This is the copy of the letter IDOC sends when someone is off MSR-Parole, the letter everyone looks forward to. Click on the link below:

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline vampyervic

Re: Parole Discharge Letter
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 07:37:13 PM »
How long does it take to receive this letter after the parole time is over?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 07:52:46 PM »
How long does it take to receive this letter after the parole time is over?

Could take up to a month.. it comes in a pretty pink envelope addressed from the IDOC.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline vampyervic

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 01:35:01 PM »
Thanks!  That's about the time I figured it would take.  Less than two months and he can be up for early discharge.  Everything is going great, I don't see why it would not happen.  Thanks again!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 02:25:58 PM »
If he gets off early on parole, from the time the PO tells him he is done, it should be up to 30 days, could be sooner. Told my LO to make sure he kept up good work, until (well after too) that release letter came!

Offline vampyervic

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 07:28:16 PM »
Does the parole officer put in the paper work for him to get off early or do they give it to the parolee to fill out and send in?

Offline vampyervic

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 07:54:53 PM »
I'm really confused.  Does the parole officer make this decision or is it the parole board??  Does anyone know how this works with early release from parole.  My LO has been on parole for one year and it is a two year parole.  He just saw his parole officer today and she says if everything goes well he will get done.  So how long will it take for them to inform him he is done from this date??  Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a bunch! :wc1:

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 08:26:30 PM »
His PO will put in the paperwork, but until he gets his final paperwork in the mail, he needs to do what he's been doing all this time while on parole, everything they want him to.  It can take a month or more, so just be patient.

Offline vampyervic

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 08:37:06 PM »
 :wc30:
My LO says thank you!   We will wait patiently.  He has nothing to hide from them and has been doing very well! It's nice to have my boy back!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 09:08:51 PM »
Tell him, he is welcome and I hope he gets his letter quickly.  It did come in a pretty pink envelope marked IDOC.  Let us know if it's still *pink*.

Offline rottiemama2003

• ~better times are coming~
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2015, 10:24:31 AM »
Does anyone know if the parole release paper still come in a pink envelope?
Rottiemama2003

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2015, 11:49:22 AM »
Does anyone know if the parole release paper still come in a pink envelope?

Good question and I think that was answered here somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.. Any way it comes, it will be addressed by IDOC and takes about a month or so after they are released from parole and of course if the PO was efficient in filing it.

Hope you get it soon.

Offline mikaelarose

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2015, 12:34:41 PM »
My son received his discharge letter in 2013 no pink envelope it came in a plain white one

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2015, 04:11:45 PM »
My son received his discharge letter in 2013 no pink envelope it came in a plain white one

Thank you, good to know they ran out of the pink ones..   :wc35:

Offline rottiemama2003

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2015, 05:29:53 PM »
Thanks, i saw where Mah had ask the question before and was never answered, but thanks. We all got our message from Vine today and they have taken his picture off the website.
Rottiemama2003

Offline mikaelarose

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2015, 03:49:36 AM »
I meant to say my son received his discharged papers in 2014 not 2013. Anyways the letter is dated July 28 and says he was discharged July 23 so the papers came pretty quick

Offline rottiemama2003

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2015, 09:50:16 AM »
My husband came yesterday it was in a white envelope, I took to work with me instead of giving it to him, (I am a meany) I bought a card saying congrat on you New Beginning,, Put the letter in a box unopened i stopped and bought some wrapping paper wrap it you put the card on top. He said baby you shouldnt he thought it was a gift, He read the card and open the box and just smiled. So we are done it is over signed seal.
Rottiemama2003

Offline Sizz

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2015, 06:01:44 PM »
 :wc6:

So glad for you and your hubby, rottie!! You are my inspiration! Continued blessings to you and your family!

:wc30:

Offline purple07

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2016, 08:49:10 AM »
So am I reading right and heard right??
You can get off parole Early??

Do woman get off early too?? Or is it just up to the parole officer??

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2016, 10:01:17 AM »
So am I reading right and heard right??
You can get off parole Early??

Do woman get off early too?? Or is it just up to the parole officer??

It depends on the person/conviction, but yes, they sometimes cut parole in 1/2 after you get out. so if you had 3 years, they MAY release you after 18 months on parole and it all depends on their history while out too.. This doesn't happen all the time, but it happens.

If someone decides not to parole out and wants to finish up inside, they would 1/2 of their parole time inside.