• December 18, 2018, 06:17:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Prisoner Review Board Order for Release  (Read 9035 times)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Prisoner Review Board Order for Release
« on: March 06, 2011, 01:17:44 PM »
This is a copy of the Prisoner Review Board Order, that is issued to an inmate before he is released, showing the regulations and recommendations for his/her Parole.  Click on the red wording below:

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline KSwife

• I Miss My Husband
Re: Prisoner Review Board Order for Release
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 01:23:07 PM »
Thank you for posting this Mah, maybe it will help clear up any confusion anyone has on who makes decision for parole.
Grumpy people are annoying!!!

Offline Poochie

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 08:55:36 PM »
Hello my son received his prisoner review board order trying to determine what's next please help

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 06:03:29 AM »
Hello my son received his prisoner review board order trying to determine what's next please help

He now waits until he is paroled, he should have his parole instructions. On the day he is released, he can be picked up or they will put him on a bus home and he has to go straight home and wait for the parole officer to come and give him more instructions, he cannot move until that PO gets there, that could take up to 72 hours, they are usually there within hours of them getting home they day they are released.

Glad he is coming home soon, hope all goes well for him.. If he follows instructions, everything should go well.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Poochie

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 09:10:19 PM »
Do they give the instructions 5 months in advance or does it mean he's coming home earlier.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 06:45:51 AM »
Do they give the instructions 5 months in advance or does it mean he's coming home earlier.

Yes, sometimes even earlier, go by his out date on the IDOC website, he probably isn't coming home any earlier and you shouldn't get your hopes up :)

Offline becca

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2016, 11:49:07 AM »
My son is, finally, coming home December.  He went in front of the board yesterday and then today his parole officer showed up at my house to inspect it. So I am getting closer.  It has been 7 long years.  In mean time my husband died in January so I am going thru alot right now.

Offline hamiam

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2016, 03:54:18 PM »
Is that the norm to just show up?  I was wondering how it works.  We saw someone in a car a couple weeks ago and he was taking pictures of our house, don't know if there is any connection to that but did wonder. 

Offline stressedmom

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2016, 07:38:19 PM »
Becca, congrats and my sympathies all in one. Sadness and joy.  We are getting closer to our journey with 13 months left.  Wishing you all he best.

Offline trauma4us

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2016, 06:19:09 AM »
Becca - so sorry for your loss.

Glad however, that your son will soon be home.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2016, 08:04:25 AM »
So sorry Becca to hear about your husband, hugs to you, glad your son is coming home and hope all goes well for him and you.