• November 13, 2018, 10:30:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Boot Camp/P'ville Question  (Read 15447 times)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Boot Camp/P'ville Question
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 05:57:49 PM »
GT, I forgot we had these, sorry, this is the list of rules that I think wasn't in your envelope:

The Impact Incarceration Program is a 120 - 180 day, discipline intensive effort consisting of applied discipline, strenuous physical exercise, labor-intensive work details and a concentrated multi-faceted program effort to include substance abuse and group counseling in addition to compulsory education program.

Inmates will not be permitted to make telephone calls during the the first thirty days of the program.  Once the inmate has been in the program for thirty days he will allowed to make one collect call per week.  After completion of the first sixty days of the program, inmates will be permitted one visit per weekend.  Visits much be scheduled by the inmate at least (14) days in advance (arrangements will be made with you by the inmate through correspondence or by telephone as allowable.)  Your visit is approved for that specific date only.  If you have any type of felony conviction, or if you are on probation or parole, you will need prior approval before you may visit.  You must make your request known to us in writing.  Your request much include:  the date of incarceration, place of incarceration, start and end date of parole/probation and the type of conviction.  If you have someone bringing you for your visit, they will need to wait until your visit is verified before leaving the grounds.  (No drop offs.)

There will be no restriction on the number of letters that an inmate may send or receive.  Family members and friends are encouraged to provide support through personal correspondence.  The mailing address below requires full name and register number:

Inmate's Name _____________________ and Number # ________________
Du Quoin Impact Incarceration Program
P O Box 999
Pinckneyville, Illinois  62274

Should an emergency arise that requires the inmate to be notified, persons should contact the facility administration at (618)542-5738.

Upon completion of the program, a commencement exercise will be conducted.  Family and friends are encouraged to attend and join the inmates in their accomplishments.

Questions concerning the program should be directed to the Superintendent, Clem Campanella, at the phone number provided above.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline GT

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2011, 06:11:43 PM »
Thank You for your response. It really helps to know about whats happenning with him. I did receive a letter 2 days after he got to BC. It had the printed rules sheet in it but the letter sheet from him was a blank piece of paper. No writing on it. The envelope was addressed by him. Does that sound right?

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2011, 06:30:04 PM »
Well the blank letter doesn't sound right.Either he was making a statement or he didn't get a pencil in time of them allowing the inmates to write(3 minutes). Even though you might not get many letters at the beginning keep writing him as those letters helps them cope with getting through another day (since they can't talk to their families).I won't lie to you it is a very HARD program to complete. My son didn't use to write ever and now I get a letter almost 3 times a week. He will be graduating the second week of October (trust me once you are able to start visiting the time will go by fast). My son told me that if it wasn't for the letters I send him he didn't think that he would have made it this long.The one thing you can do is to remind him how much he is missed and Loved,how proud of him you are and to Follow All the Rules they give him.If he can follow the rules chances are he will get through just fine. You might want to check into sending him some ALL WHITE tennis shoes with some inserts in them. He will be on his feet most of the day.His day starts around 4:30am and lights out at 9:00PM. I hope that all goes well for yo u and your family.God Bless and Take Care.

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2011, 09:35:30 PM »
what is the average time that your LO was in stateville reception? I really appreciate any help.
d.n.j, It seems that you are a little confussed lets see if we can help you get some answers. I do not see where any postings here where anyone has a LO @ Statesville in R & C. But here is the best I can tell you. I don't think it really matters where they are at (Statesville/Graham),the movement in the IDOC is taking Longer to process them through the system,due to all of the over crowding. Does this make some sense now? You really need to do some searching in the BC topics. This will have most of the answers to your questions.  Good Luck,Angela

Offline Nwilmington

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2016, 11:54:52 AM »
Happy Saturday! My Son called this morning all is good with him Thank God! They have moved him to a different Dorm. Any reason why he would have been moved?

Offline Tex999

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2016, 12:56:30 PM »
It seems like they move people around when they get new guys in. Some dorms may be for guys who are more well behaved ?

Offline Nwilmington

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2016, 12:59:11 PM »
OH okay, Thank you so much!