• November 14, 2018, 04:16:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Boot Camp/P'ville Question  (Read 15460 times)

Offline TandNesha1luv

Boot Camp/P'ville Question
« on: August 08, 2010, 12:11:16 PM »
I dont know if this is the right place to post this but my bf was transferred to Duquoin for b/c and had the parent institution listed as PINCKNEYVILLE CC and current location as Duquoin IIP, recently his parent instituion still says Pinckneyville, but now his current location says Pinckneyville as well. I called to speak with counselor and they told me that he was sent back to reception because of medical reasons meaning he either got sick or injured at the b/c and needed medical attention, when I informed his sister and she called down there they told her the he was still in b/c and  that nothing was wrong. My question is why are they telling her one thing and me another? We've all been worried about what exactly is going on with him :wc17: and would like to knw how we can get some specific answers. With is profile current location changing, its more likely that he is back and reception, and what the first counselor told me is correct, but why wouldnt they give her the same info? Will he be able to call or write home if he's in reception for medical reasons, or is he able to still receive letters in recption? Im so confused and really need some type of clarity to know exactly what's going on...Has anyone else experienced this before?

Offline TomsMom

Re: Boot Camp/P'ville Question
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 09:10:17 PM »
I just received an e-mail from VINE.  My son was transferred to Pickneyville today after being at Stateville for three weeks. Does any one know how long he will probably be at Pickneyville before being transferred to DuQuois?  Can anyone give em an idea how bad the boot camp is over there?  I am so excited and nervous!!  :wc25:

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 08:32:40 AM »
It usually takes a couple of weeks for the transfer to happen, but it could be as short as a couple of days.

The boot camp program is VERY intense. Lots of yelling and exercise. I hope your son has the strength to see it to the end.

Good Luck!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 08:58:09 AM »
We have  information that our members who have had loved ones go through both boot camps shared on this board:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php/board,35.0.html

I know you will find answers to many other questions you have there.   Glad your son is almost in the camp and wish him the best!

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline TandNesha1luv

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 08:58:34 PM »
Well for my bf the wait at sv was the longest, a whooping 8 weeks, when he left to go to Pickneyville, he was listed in their reception for one day and the next day was sent to Duquion. During this time they updated his IDOC picture with all of his hair shaved off and he wore a blue jumpsuit. His family and I worried about how long it would be until he finally hit Duquion because the countdown doesnt happen until he makes it there. I called down to Pinckneyville the next day and they told me he had left for Duquoin that morning and a short time later his IDOC profile went from Pinckneyville/Parent Institution, Reception/Current location to Pinckneyville/Parent Institution, ___________/Current Location. For some reason when they make it to b/c it's blank for current location, but if your l/o's status changes to that, then he's made it to Duquoin and your countdown has begun. :wc7: Hope this helps.

Offline JAM6860

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 05:57:36 PM »
Hello all, Well I went south to Harrisburg and picked up my youngest son, so he's home now since the 9th( I'm so , so glad), and my son whose in Bootcamp has 72 days left, I just sat down a few minutes ago and literally broke down in tears.It is all so emotionally overwhelming, one home safe and sound ,one just doing what he has to do to make it all work, so he can make it home Thanksgiving day.Do any of you just get this overwhelming feelings? I try to be strong and I never cry when my son gets his 8 minutes of phone time....but there come these times when I just cry.I feel helpless, there's nothing I can do but write,wait for Saturday calls, be supportive and wait this out.I am still sos glad that this place is here for help in all ways.I hope you all get questions answered , that your loved ones stay healthy as ever, and that we can all be strong.

Offline pac5401

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 08:21:52 AM »
Hi JAM - yes, I had a breakdown moment last week. Although it was overwhelming at the time, I did feel better afterwards. But I am still so depressed.  Heard from VINE today that he's been transferred to Vienna, so hope Boot Camp will follow shortly. He won't be home for Christmas, but maybe he can finally spend a birthday at home in the Spring.

Offline JAM6860

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 05:32:36 PM »
I'm sorry that you are dealing with being depressed, and hope that you get to feeling better soon.It is hard for us , and while we have our 'moments' of weakness just remember our loved ones are also dealing with the same mixed emotions and basically look to us for strength.I always did what I had to not to cry when my sons called.And reminded them that Faith, Family, and Freedom are the most important things in the world.What happened with my two sons leaving may very well have changed the way they look at crime and the importance of having ones family for the rest of their lives.I number pages with days and each weekly envelope with how many weeks we have left.....doing that really helped not only me , but my sons as well.Always telling them that tomorrow when they opened their eyes , they'd be one day closer to home, so focus ...do as they are told and follow all the rules , stay healthy and we'll see them sooner than they realize.And we made a family pact to pray together every single night at 9 p.m. no matter what.A bit earlier or later if the situation called for it on their end.All these things helped not only my boys, but our family as well.Especially the pray at 9 part, because no matter what we did individually each day , 'we' knew that come 9 p.m. we'd all be doing something as a family.No matter how many miles separated us, WE HAD THAT.Just thinking about that makes me smile , even now.We have 61 days left now, and so I keep going day , by day.Knowing that our families Faith and our strength will help us keep going strong.Take care everyone.Tomorrow is phone call day, woo hoo. Night all , God Bless.

Offline pac5401

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 09:49:53 PM »
He's made it to Boot Camp now - he's in his Ghost weeks.  But we're in our countdown, and we got the first letter home from him with the rules in it.
I like that Pray at 9pm idea, I think that will work for us too. My son was in our county jail for 18 months before this sentence, so I hope that he is good and tired of being restricted. But I've been praying for him every night just to be strong and not be a smart mouth!

Offline JAM6860

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 12:30:36 AM »
Well, that is good,I wish you and your son all the best.

Offline ChrissyMarie

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 05:57:03 PM »
I have a question, my boyfriend was moved to pinckneyville yesterday from graham, now he was supposed to get bootcamp and his idoc picture has changed to a picture of him with his head shaved but nothing on his page suggest bootcamp, nothing say duquion or that hes just in reception a p'ville nothing. it just says...

Parent Institution:
PINCKNEYVILLE CORRECTIONAL CENTER
Offender Status:
IN CUSTODY

Does anyone know why this may be? did he not get bootcamp?

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 05:59:41 PM »
They usually spend anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks at the parent institution before being sent on to boot camp. It's completely normal. Congrats to him for making it into the program!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 06:02:23 PM »
Does he have a white uniform on now? White indicates bootcampers, they call them Ghosts, while they are in white uniforms.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline ChrissyMarie

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2011, 07:03:45 PM »
No, his uniforn is a bright yellow the same color as his uniform while he was in graham r&c also i got the notfication from  vine that he had been moved but the message told me pretty much that was at where he was and that i didnt need to register again, not that i would be informed when he was moved from p'ville to bootcamp :(

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2011, 09:37:03 PM »
No, his uniforn is a bright yellow the same color as his uniform while he was in graham r&c also i got the notfication from  vine that he had been moved but the message told me pretty much that was at where he was and that i didnt need to register again, not that i would be informed when he was moved from p'ville to bootcamp :(

Yellow is normally what they put them in when they are moved/transported.  Keep checking the website and when you see him in a white uniform, you'll know he is in camp.

Offline comehome

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2011, 10:15:40 PM »
OK so my brother just recently got transferred to Duquoin (he was at stateville for 6 weeks, then Pinckneyville for 2 days) While he was Stateville I signed him up to receive about 10 different free catalogs from various companies, just for something to read. Well he got transferred to boot camp before any of them had reached them...so I'm wondering will he get them in bootcamp.. will stateville send them to him or will they just send them back?
The thing I'm wondered about is if he might get into trouble for having them sent to boot camp?? I know there mailing restrictions are really strict.
I have heard of the inmates in the BC getting punished for so many things. I'm scared that he may get in trouble.
 Please any advice helps!!! I can't figure out how to cancel the orders.

Another question I have is, he has been sent money that he was never able to use at SV, does his account transfer with him, or do I need to send more. I called the boot camp with a couple of questions and they weren't very nice, and I'm worried of my brother getting punished if I call too often so I have know idea where to get answers.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANY INFO!

Offline bmonska

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2011, 10:32:28 PM »
His money will transfer with him to his BC but it can take several weeks for the money to finally follow him. You'd think it would be an instant sort of transfer but it doesn't work that way. I sent my hubby just a min. amount while in receiving so that I could send the amount he needed right away when he was transferred. That way when he transferred, it was just a bonus amount. I don't think they can buy as much in BC so i don't know that he will need as much to start out there as inmates tend to need when they start out at their parent institution. You should be able to get customer service phone numbers or email addresses for the catalogs to either change the address or attempt to cancel. I don't know if they are allowed to receive as many as that in BC, like you said, because the rules are more strict. I would do what you can to get him off the mailing lists. A lot of those catalogs share mailing lists so he may end up receiving even more catalogs than you signed him up for.

Offline GT

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2011, 04:50:49 PM »
My son just arrived at DuQuoin boot camp. How will he postage to write letters? Will he be able to get them with his commisary account? I received a letter with a printed rule list this week but there was only a blank piece of paper in with it. The envelope was addressed by him. Any idea why the paper was blank? Just want to hear from him that he is ok. His picture and location say he he is in boot camp but he does not have a white uniform. I am confused on all these issues. Anybody got any help with this?
Thank You.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2011, 05:31:19 PM »
 :wc6:  Your son has arrived.  I  will try to answer some of your questions and I am sure one of our members who has someone there will help you further.

When your son is able to go to commissary he will be able to buy writeouts, which are envelopes with stamps already on them, so no need to send him any, they would be sent home to you anyway.

Maybe your son forgot to put the rule list in the envelope and only sent you that blank piece of paper, you'll find out eventually.  He should show up on the IDOC eventually in a white uniform, for his ghost period, just keep checking.

I am sure a mom/dad that has gone through this, having a son there now, will be happy to help you more once they read your post.

Wishing your son the best, keep writing and give him lots of support, he is going to need it and YOU keep coming here for your support, you need it too!

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2011, 12:52:42 PM »
My son just arrived at DuQuoin boot camp. How will he postage to write letters? Will he be able to get them with his commisary account? I received a letter with a printed rule list this week but there was only a blank piece of paper in with it. The envelope was addressed by him. Any idea why the paper was blank? Just want to hear from him that he is ok. His picture and location say he he is in boot camp but he does not have a white uniform. I am confused on all these issues. Anybody got any help with this?
Thank You.
Hello GT and Welcome   :wc12: . I will try to help answer your questions. They will have the opportunity to write a 3 minute letter when they first get to their BC. Ususally the first letter is 1/2 page with maybe 3 lines of sentences.Also there should have been the rules list,but if not then you can obtain one from the IPT site.  My son's picture changed when they shaved his head,but he was NEVER in whites (but they do call this their Ghost Period). You need to keep writing him even though you will probably not talk to him for at least 30 days or more.This really depends on how well they adjust to their new surroundings. Trust me when i say he is SAFE right now. Probably more safe there then when he was out running around with his friends back at home.It will all be OK and you will see a big difference once you get to have that first visit to see him. Hope this helps answer some of your questions. Please feel free to ask any questions you want. God Bless and keep the prayers flowing.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 05:57:49 PM »
GT, I forgot we had these, sorry, this is the list of rules that I think wasn't in your envelope:

The Impact Incarceration Program is a 120 - 180 day, discipline intensive effort consisting of applied discipline, strenuous physical exercise, labor-intensive work details and a concentrated multi-faceted program effort to include substance abuse and group counseling in addition to compulsory education program.

Inmates will not be permitted to make telephone calls during the the first thirty days of the program.  Once the inmate has been in the program for thirty days he will allowed to make one collect call per week.  After completion of the first sixty days of the program, inmates will be permitted one visit per weekend.  Visits much be scheduled by the inmate at least (14) days in advance (arrangements will be made with you by the inmate through correspondence or by telephone as allowable.)  Your visit is approved for that specific date only.  If you have any type of felony conviction, or if you are on probation or parole, you will need prior approval before you may visit.  You must make your request known to us in writing.  Your request much include:  the date of incarceration, place of incarceration, start and end date of parole/probation and the type of conviction.  If you have someone bringing you for your visit, they will need to wait until your visit is verified before leaving the grounds.  (No drop offs.)

There will be no restriction on the number of letters that an inmate may send or receive.  Family members and friends are encouraged to provide support through personal correspondence.  The mailing address below requires full name and register number:

Inmate's Name _____________________ and Number # ________________
Du Quoin Impact Incarceration Program
P O Box 999
Pinckneyville, Illinois  62274

Should an emergency arise that requires the inmate to be notified, persons should contact the facility administration at (618)542-5738.

Upon completion of the program, a commencement exercise will be conducted.  Family and friends are encouraged to attend and join the inmates in their accomplishments.

Questions concerning the program should be directed to the Superintendent, Clem Campanella, at the phone number provided above.

Offline GT

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2011, 06:11:43 PM »
Thank You for your response. It really helps to know about whats happenning with him. I did receive a letter 2 days after he got to BC. It had the printed rules sheet in it but the letter sheet from him was a blank piece of paper. No writing on it. The envelope was addressed by him. Does that sound right?

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2011, 06:30:04 PM »
Well the blank letter doesn't sound right.Either he was making a statement or he didn't get a pencil in time of them allowing the inmates to write(3 minutes). Even though you might not get many letters at the beginning keep writing him as those letters helps them cope with getting through another day (since they can't talk to their families).I won't lie to you it is a very HARD program to complete. My son didn't use to write ever and now I get a letter almost 3 times a week. He will be graduating the second week of October (trust me once you are able to start visiting the time will go by fast). My son told me that if it wasn't for the letters I send him he didn't think that he would have made it this long.The one thing you can do is to remind him how much he is missed and Loved,how proud of him you are and to Follow All the Rules they give him.If he can follow the rules chances are he will get through just fine. You might want to check into sending him some ALL WHITE tennis shoes with some inserts in them. He will be on his feet most of the day.His day starts around 4:30am and lights out at 9:00PM. I hope that all goes well for yo u and your family.God Bless and Take Care.

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2011, 09:35:30 PM »
what is the average time that your LO was in stateville reception? I really appreciate any help.
d.n.j, It seems that you are a little confussed lets see if we can help you get some answers. I do not see where any postings here where anyone has a LO @ Statesville in R & C. But here is the best I can tell you. I don't think it really matters where they are at (Statesville/Graham),the movement in the IDOC is taking Longer to process them through the system,due to all of the over crowding. Does this make some sense now? You really need to do some searching in the BC topics. This will have most of the answers to your questions.  Good Luck,Angela

Offline Nwilmington

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2016, 11:54:52 AM »
Happy Saturday! My Son called this morning all is good with him Thank God! They have moved him to a different Dorm. Any reason why he would have been moved?

Offline Tex999

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2016, 12:56:30 PM »
It seems like they move people around when they get new guys in. Some dorms may be for guys who are more well behaved ?

Offline Nwilmington

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2016, 12:59:11 PM »
OH okay, Thank you so much!