Illinois Prison Talk
News:
Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK,  www.illinoisprisontalk.org -  A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections.  IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions.   This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2014.  All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 23, 2014, 02:55:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Can Inmates Call Cell Phones  (Read 9966 times)
MizzSoLoDoLo

« on: June 14, 2010, 09:43:21 AM »

Can inmatez call cell phonez? And if they do what is the cost for me?

IthinkIluvHim
ciessa

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 02:29:55 PM »

they can but you would need to set up a prepaid account with consolidated in order for them to do so as well as prepay the amount you would like to have on your account. i dont have a home phone so my husband always calls me through the cell. check out consolidated's page on here to get their number and more information. the best advice i could give about this is to be sure to keep track of how much you want to use on phone calls and limit it to that. my husband does a good job at not calling me too much so we dont run through all the prepay really quick. oh, and consolidated can give you a general idea of how much each call costs (mine is about $10 each for 29min).  hope that helps.
kemos girl

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 04:54:07 PM »

Yep mine is about $10 for 29 minutes also and when my fiance was transferred from Danville( 3hours south) to Shawnee( 6 hours south) the 29 minutes for $10 stayed the same
tcampbell

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 09:09:14 PM »

My husband is in Jacksonville and it is around the same amout also. 

Missplaymate618

**Keepin My Head Up For My Hubs**

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 09:50:16 PM »

My L/O calls my cell phone all the time. Like everyone has mentioned before you will need to set up the prepaid account with Consolidated. My L/O is in Graham which is about fourty min from me and my 29 min phone call is around 9 dollars.

MizzSoLoDoLo

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 10:02:06 PM »

Thank You all!

IthinkIluvHim
MizzSoLoDoLo

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 02:13:26 PM »

Can Inmates Call everyday at Danville and at what times do they usually get to call?

IthinkIluvHim
Yesmi
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 09:23:38 PM »

Can Inmates Call everyday at Danville and at what times do they usually get to call?

Yes they can call everyday-if phones are available. And the time they call depends on their times they get to come out. For example- my guy can call about 8am-9am and 7pm-8pm one week and the next week it will be different. They get two weekly schedules and they they switch every other week.
drgnldy

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 01:47:34 AM »

I have a pre-paid cellphone with unlimited everything. I still have to call Consolidated to set up an account and pre-pay that too? Just trying to understand this before his list is approved.

wc16

Will there ever be an end to this madness??
billswife97

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 10:58:38 AM »

i also have unlimited everything. and i had to set up a pre-paid account with consolidated.
drgnldy

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2011, 01:28:10 AM »

Thanks for the info! It helps to get thru all of this. Just getting used to it all.

Will there ever be an end to this madness??
KatieM
Banned

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2011, 10:31:43 AM »

I am considering dropping my home line and strictly using my cell phone. My home line is in Illinois, but my cell has a 314 number, which is in Missouri.  Is it drastically more expensive for an out of state number?  Right now it is about $9 per call. What are you that are out of state paying? 
Marks_guy
Support Staff

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2011, 11:24:23 AM »

I think I'm paying right around $12 for a 30 minute call. That's with a New Mexico number.
KatieM
Banned

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2011, 11:39:08 AM »

Thank you, I wonder if it's the distance that makes the difference or just the "out of state" factor.  Guess I will have to wait for someone from another state to come along............Ha ha.
jcruz1104

Always & Forever "Just Us"

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2011, 11:41:31 AM »

just a thought and kinda some work, but leave your landline on for now, change your cell number have your L/O put in for the new number that way its closer number and remain cheaper in price.

& he said to me "the level you think i love you is way more then you can imagine, we all we got"
KatieM
Banned

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2011, 12:36:39 PM »

I thought of that Jcruz, but I use my work number for my personal use as well (since it's unlimited calling) and I wouldn't be able to change my number.  Always and obstacle it seems.   
jcruz1104

Always & Forever "Just Us"

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2011, 02:55:34 PM »

I figured you did think of it, and of course there is always a test but its never as bad as we think and God always walks with us. so its fine...

Good luck

& he said to me "the level you think i love you is way more then you can imagine, we all we got"
chadsangel4

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2011, 08:14:27 PM »

I am in North Carolina and mine is about $9.80 for 30 minutes.

\\\"To take a life when a life has been lost is revenge, not justice.\\\"
-Desmond Tutu
rottiemama2003

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2011, 08:45:26 PM »

Thank you, I wonder if it's the distance that makes the difference or just the "out of state" factor.  Guess I will have to wait for someone from another state to come along............Ha ha.

There is some one here from MO also maybe they can help you.

Rottiemama2003
MzNdpndnt

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2011, 06:23:33 PM »

I live in Texas but still have my 773 number on my cell phone (I'm originally from Chicago) and thank god I do because the calls are based on the towers that the inmates are using so if your L/O was calling a MO number it would be more expensive than if he was calling a "local" number. I actually work for a cell phone company, so I would suggest that you ask the cell phone provider that you're with to give you a local number that way the calls stay around $9.00. My loved one was just transferred from Big Muddy to Logan and the calls remained $9.30 for a 30 minute phone call.
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: