• December 12, 2018, 12:25:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: National H.I.R.E. Program Helps Re-entry  (Read 5544 times)

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
  • Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate
    • Illinois Prison Talk
National H.I.R.E. Program Helps Re-entry
« on: July 09, 2006, 06:42:16 PM »
Here's an Illinois program and contacts for ex-offenders seeking employment:

http://www.hirenetwork.org/admin/clearinghouse.php?state_id=IL

~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline dancer

• Account Closed
  • Account Retired
Re: National H.I.R.E. Program Helps Re-entry
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 12:24:33 AM »
Here is another organization that  djchitown on DS posted.  It is help for parolees with resume,  job skills and job search.     saferfoundation.org    

Offline sitinonplatnium

• i'm his greatest inspiration
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 07:13:08 PM »
What are the odds of somone coming home and finding a descent job?  Anyone have any success stories? 

Offline lvanrs2

• Lvanrs2
  • Support Staff
National H.I.R.E. Program Helps Re-entry
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 09:20:02 PM »
Not sure if this is a success story or not.  I am an LPN and have been  since 1989.  In 2000 i was convicted on several bad checks and sent to prison.  I went in front of the nursing review  board upon my release and they chose not to revoke my liscence because it wasnt drug or elder abuse.  I still work as a nurse and make very good money.  I do believe however it is easier for a man to find a job because alot of men can do construction and most companies dont do background checks here where I live on construction workers.  But there are alot of factories as well that dont do background checks where both men and women can work.  It may be minimum wage but its better than no money at all and better than being back in prison.
There is no action better at creating insanity in a person than trying to control something you have no control over.

Only do whatever you are willing to pay the consequences for.

Offline LStoney

• Missin my honey
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 11:43:53 PM »
Looks like an excellent site Dazzler, THANKS   :wc2: