Illinois Prison Talk
News: wc75-1  ILLINOIS PRISON LOCKDOWN STATUS:

MENARD ON LOCKDOWN. CALL BEFORE VISITING.
VANDALIA ON LOCKDOWN. NO VISITS ALLOWED.
STATEVILLE ON LOCKDOWN. CALL BEFORE VISITING. 

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 30, 2014, 08:51:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DuPage County Inmate Pictures Online  (Read 35667 times)
Dazzler
Administrator

Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate

« on: January 13, 2010, 04:12:37 PM »

I got this email today from the DuPage County Sheriff:

Sheriff Goes Live with Inmate Online

Sheriff John E. Zaruba’s Sheriff’s Inmate Reference and Information System (SIRIS) makes the DuPage County Sheriff’s Office the first County Jail in the State of Illinois that will allow the public to look up an inmate and to be able to view the inmate's mug shot.

If you’re looking for an inmate at the DuPage County Jail, it has just been made easier by Sheriff John E. Zaruba. Sheriff Zaruba announced today the start of his new program SIRIS which is a new valuable to tool to police departments, the community and the media. At a click of a button you will now be able to access information on anyone who is currently being held at the DuPage County Jail.
SIRIS is up and running on the Sheriff’s website at www.dupagesheriff.org.  The Sheriff’s Office currently receives hundreds of calls daily to find out information on inmates who are incarcerated at the jail, now anyone will be able to access general information on an inmate.

“The SIRIS system provides direct access to the DuPage County Jail’s booking system to provide information and photos of all of our inmates that are currently incarcerated,” Sheriff Zaruba said. “Finding out if a person is incarcerated, their bond amount, charges, mug shots, visitation information and procedures for bonding the inmate out of the jail are now more accessible by adding the convenience of Internet access,” he continued. “Coming soon – Court date information”
To access information on an inmate, go to www.dupagesheriff.org click on the SIRIS link and you will be given step by step instructions on how to look up an inmate.  

Sheriff John E. Zaruba
Dupage County IL Sheriff's Office
sheriffatdupagesheriff.org

~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
Smiles

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 12:30:18 AM »

wish there was something like that for cook county.

Life is like a photograph, you develop from the negatives.
eb2008

1+1=3

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 03:22:42 AM »

wish there was something like that for cook county.

That'll be the smartest thing cook county could ever do... That could easily save many families the frustration of calling && no one answering, all they would have to do is hop online && the perk they'll be able to get their LO pic.

Dazzler
Administrator

Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 09:20:02 AM »

You're lucky they even have a database for CCJ.  I guess most people don't realize that the CCJ holds about the same amount of inmates as 7 or 8 prisons in Illinois....they have over 12,000 inmates in a dozen divisions.  It would be a massive job to maintain that kind of database and keep it updated.  They have trouble just keeping the inmate information database timely....it's always running a few days or weeks behind.

~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
LovinDB

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 06:08:48 PM »

My l/o was in Dupage and i was able to see his pic and when he was sentenced it is helpful!

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: