• October 20, 2018, 06:16:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: IDOC ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ELECTRONIC DETENTION  (Read 11221 times)

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
  • Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate
    • Illinois Prison Talk
IDOC ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ELECTRONIC DETENTION
« on: October 15, 2009, 09:56:34 AM »
IDOC ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR
SUPERVISED ELECTRONIC DETENTION

Eligible inmates must:

  meet the eligibility criteria established according to the Electronic Home Detention statute which primarily excludes the most serious violent offenders; but also high-level drug traffickers; arsonists; inmates having firearms, ammunition, or explosives in a correctional facility; and offenders with a history of escape-related crimes.

  not have been convicted of violent offenses, primarily meaning that offenders who committed person and/or sex crimes were excluded. The definition of violent offender is defined according to Illinois statutory language and the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Uniform Crime Reports.

  not be a current technical parole violator as that admission type provides evidence of non-compliance with required community supervision behavior (absent without leave, curfew, etc.)

  not have been an Electronic Detention program violator previously.

  not have been previously violated from an Adult Transition Center for an escape. While there is a documented history of very few escapes occurring at traditional prisons, there are some “walk-aways” from community correctional center settings, and these inmate-violators have exhibited non-compliance with required community supervision behavior. Other ATC rule violations will be considered on a case-by-case basis as a reason to deny electronic detention placement.

  not be required by law to register as a Sex Offender, Child Murderer and Violent Offender Against Youth, Arsonist, or Convicted Methamphetamine Manufacturer.

  not have an active Order of Protection.

  not have an outstanding warrant or detainer.

  not have a violent criminal history as indicated by a criminal conviction for weapons or person offenses within the last ten years.

  not have a domestic violence history as indicated by multiple criminal convictions for domestic battery, Orders of Protection violations, stalking, etc. within the last ten years.

  not have a sex offense history as indicated by a criminal conviction.

  not have a current security classification higher than minimum-security.

  be within one year of release to parole or Mandatory Supervised Release if an eligible Class 2, Class 3, or Class 4 offender; or within 90 days of release if an eligible Class X or Class 1 offender.

  be designated as a low escape risk.

  not be an inmate participating within the residential drug treatment programs at Sheridan Correctional Center or Southwestern Illinois Correctional Center, or within the Impact Incarceration Programs (boot camp) at DuQuoin or Dixon Springs.

  Not be currently held at Dixon Special Treatment Center, Dixon Psychiatric Unit, Pontiac Mental Health Unit, or have a diagnosed mental health issue.

  not currently be in segregation or have been in segregation during the last 45 days.

  not have had any major disciplinary actions within the past year for infractions involving drugs, sexual misconduct, assault, dangerous contraband, arson, or security threat group activity or violence.
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline scudder5

Re: IDOC ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ELECTRONIC DETENTION
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 12:46:14 PM »
I don't understand the sheridan and southwestern thing does that mean NOONE at these places will get early release, I mean everyone at southwestern participates in a substance abuse class
I wish that I could stop time, I wish that I could rewind, to the very beginning of every second of our life, I ask god on my hands and knees to never let me forget all the special memories of our life, so one more time let me open my eyes and see what my life used to be like.