• November 13, 2018, 10:30:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: DuQuoin Bootcamp Rules  (Read 17439 times)

Offline wfarmer24

DuQuoin Bootcamp Rules
« on: July 31, 2009, 06:44:02 PM »
This is the rules list that I got from my son who is in the Duquoin bootcamp:

The Impact Incarceration Program is a 120 - 180 day, discipline intensive effort consisting of applied discipline, strenuous physical exercise, labor-intensive work details and a concentrated multi-faceted program effort to include substance abuse and group counseling in addition to compulsory education program. 

Inmates will not be permitted to make telephone calls during the the first thirty days of the program.  Once the inmate has been in the program for thirty days he will allowed to make one collect call per week.  After completion of the first sixty days of the program, inmates will be permitted one visit per weekend.  Visits much be scheduled by the inmate at least (14) days in advance (arrangements will be made with you by the inmate through correspondence or by telephone as allowable.)  Your visit is approved for that specific date only.  If you have any type of felony conviction, or if you are on probation or parole, you will need prior approval before you may visit.  You must make your request known to us in writing.  Your request much include:  the date of incarceration, place of incarceration, start and end date of parole/probation and the type of conviction.  If you have someone bringing you for your visit, they will need to wait until your visit is verified before leaving the grounds.  (No drop offs.)

There will be no restriction on the number of letters that an inmate may send or receive.  Family members and friends are encouraged to provide support through personal correspondence.  The mailing address below requires full name and register number:

Inmate's Name _____________________ and Number # ________________
Du Quoin Impact Incarceration Program
P O Box 999
Pinckneyville, Illinois  62274

Should an emergency arise that requires the inmate to be notified, persons should contact the facility administration at (618)542-5738.

Upon completion of the program, a commencement exercise will be conducted.  Family and friends are encouraged to attend and join the inmates in their accomplishments.

Questions concerning the program should be directed to the Superintendent, Clem Campanella, at the phone number provided above.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11

Offline Nwilmington

Re: DuQuoin Bootcamp Rules
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 07:51:27 AM »
My son has been there for 33 days and I still haven't got a phone call?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 03:20:05 PM »
My son has been there for 33 days and I still haven't got a phone call?

You will, I know it's hard, but you will hear from him. Maybe he couldn't get on the phones on Saturday, hoping you'll hear from him this Saturday.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Nwilmington

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 05:23:28 PM »
Thank you. Is there a certain time they get to call?

Offline Kdm

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 10:34:21 AM »
Thank you. Is there a certain time they get to call?

No, it will be with some consistency but always variation.  May depend on what's on the agenda for that particular day (they may have everyone outside at a point they usually make calls), so it could be morning, could be evening, could be pushed to the next day...  not uncommon to have loss of phone rights for the entire dorm, just because.

Offline Nwilmington

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 10:33:58 PM »
Thank you! He finally called Saturday. Now he needed shoe inserts I send them 3wks ago, so can I call to see what happened to them because, he said he never received them?

Offline Kdm

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 05:46:10 PM »
Thank you! He finally called Saturday. Now he needed shoe inserts I send them 3wks ago, so can I call to see what happened to them because, he said he never received them?

To be honest, he may never get them.  When I was in receiving, I was told that my family could send me running shoes; when they inquired directly they were told nothing was accepted outside of letters and a bible (I was at Dixon Springs).  You really don't want him having them anyway, they'll get stolen pretty quickly.  I had some pretty ridiculously insignificant things stolen, I'd hate to have been in possession of anything nice.

Offline Nwilmington

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 07:39:33 PM »
Oh my! Thank you so much. I will just continue to Pray daily, the good thing is he gets out July 20th.