• November 13, 2018, 10:42:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Info On Dixon Springs Boot Camp  (Read 41534 times)

Offline Vaalarie

Re: Info On Dixon Springs Boot Camp
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2013, 10:31:39 PM »
What is the address or phone number to put money on the books for my l/o at
dixon springs boot camp?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2013, 09:01:01 AM »
Hi and welcome to IPT!

Our MOD Angela for this BootCamp board can answer your question and I am sure she will as soon as she logs in today.

Dixon Springs is a satellite facility of Vienna Correctional, she will verify all this for you soon!

I do know, while in BC, they are not allowed to buy too much from commissary, they have a limit on what they can spend, mostly for personal items.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2013, 07:42:19 PM »
What is the address or phone number to put money on the books for my l/o at
dixon springs boot camp?

Hello and Welcome to IPT  :wc12: . Here is the information that you are needing. Please give a shout out should you need any help.
Best Wishes,
 :wc71-1:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?topic=26619.0

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?topic=6686.0

Offline Bella28

« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2013, 10:12:27 PM »
 :wc13: ok I'm getting so confused.. So if he calls me from steteville he can call my phone. But when he goes in to bootcamp I need a land line :wc14: I had asked this question before and they said that I don't need a land line. They said that Instead I have to set up a account with secures tech. Which I already have. I would really like to know for shore. Before my husband goes to to bootcamp.
"Missing him a little more every day"

"No one can hurt me without my permission because being deeply loved by him gives me strength."

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2013, 08:19:08 AM »
You do not have to have a landline to receive phone calls. You can register your cell phone when you set up your Securus account.

Offline Bella28

« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2013, 04:54:24 PM »
Hello, hope you are all having a wonderful day. My Lo was in Stateville waiting for approval for bootcamp. He was approved on his 20th day of being in Stateville and two days later which is today I  received a vine notification saying he was transferred to Jacksonville Corr CRT. I looked him up as soon as I received the vine notification and his picture has updated to a yellow uniform and white under t-shirt. Also his head is bald. Can anyone please let me know, why he might of got transferred to Jacksonville   :wc14: or is he already in bootcamp.

"No one can hurt me without my permission because being deeply loved by him gives me strength."

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2013, 05:46:20 PM »
Jacksonville is the parent prison of Greene County Boot Camp.  When he is moved to BC, his photo will be updated, all you can do is wait till that happens.  His profile should also say, Greene County Workcamp when he is moved and that all depends on when a bed opens up at the camp.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Bella28

« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2013, 12:28:17 PM »
Ok thanks, looked him up again today and it is official for those who ask me to post as soon as he was in bootcamp. Yes he is in bootcamp already he was approved in 23 days.  :wc10: And now he is in Greene County Boot Camp. Thank you Lord my prayers are working. I had a feeling he would get approved soon. And I will also keep praying for those who are still awaiting. God bless you all.

Offline marie7793

« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2013, 01:37:27 PM »
I had a question on phone calls. My friend called this morning around 10:30 am. I wasn't expecting his call since we weren't on the best terms when he was transferred from R&C. So I didn't have a ph account set up. I got a "text to connect" from Securus. It said we had a 2 min free call, but as I was waiting on his end, he hung up. Did that waste his call for the week? Or will they let him try again? I thought they only were allowed to call on Fri & Sat nights, so I was really shocked to receive a call this morning. Don't they usually have a set time for calls? I set up an account right after, but wasn't sure if they'd let him call back later today or not. Any information is appreciated. Thank you!

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2013, 03:38:29 PM »
I had a question on phone calls. My friend called this morning around 10:30 am. I wasn't expecting his call since we weren't on the best terms when he was transferred from R&C. So I didn't have a ph account set up. I got a "text to connect" from Securus. It said we had a 2 min free call, but as I was waiting on his end, he hung up. Did that waste his call for the week? Or will they let him try again? I thought they only were allowed to call on Fri & Sat nights, so I was really shocked to receive a call this morning. Don't they usually have a set time for calls? I set up an account right after, but wasn't sure if they'd let him call back later today or not. Any information is appreciated. Thank you!

I just responded to your PM.  :wc71-1:

Offline bjason

« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2013, 01:25:58 PM »
does anyone know how hard it is to pass the physical, im worried I wont pass it????????????

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2013, 02:54:49 PM »
does anyone know how hard it is to pass the physical, I'm worried I wont pass it????????????

It is a very tough Program to complete, but can be done if you follow the rules.You are screened both Mentally and Physically when you first enter into the System ( R & C).I know that you can not be on any kind of Medications and if you have any problems such as Shoulder,Knee, Back problems, etc... you will not want them to know that or they will not allow you to enter into the Program.I never in a million years thought that my son would make it through,but guess what he did. He has back problems but didn't tell them and he got accepted. He also said that when they interview you answer the questions with confidence and promptly, as they can read right through you. So if he can do it you can too. Wishing you the very best of Luck. Read through our BC board so that you know what to expect.

Holler if you need any help. Hope this helps give you an idea?
Again Good Luck

:wc71-1:

Offline bjason

« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2013, 11:18:07 PM »
I just now seen tht you got back to me I go to court oct 7th they been putting it off cause I had a warrant got that taken care off then fractured my hand I have a week to go and cannot do a push up yet cause of my hand but it will heel I just hope its in time, the thing im worried about is ive smoked for like 15 years but I can run about a mile now so I think I can do it. was your son a smoker?

Offline AuntK

« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2013, 05:06:30 PM »
bjason; my l/o weighed 190#, pack a day smoker when he went to county. He also had an injury to his foot. He had plenty of time to heal while waiting for a bed to open up at BC. He finished the program in 120 days weighing 155#, and a non-smoker. He really enjoys running now. Follow all rules, be on your best behavior, and you will graduate with pride.

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2013, 09:20:15 PM »
I just now seen tht you got back to me I go to court oct 7th they been putting it off cause I had a warrant got that taken care off then fractured my hand I have a week to go and cannot do a push up yet cause of my hand but it will heel I just hope its in time, the thing im worried about is ive smoked for like 15 years but I can run about a mile now so I think I can do it. was your son a smoker?
Yes he smoked. You will be fine.

Offline bjason

« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2013, 07:25:29 PM »
THANKS GUYS THIS HELPED ALOT , I believe the first 2 weeks there the ghost period is kinda getting you used to it. as long as you don't say you quit youll be fine is this correct

Offline AuntK

« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2013, 07:44:28 PM »
I am so excited to help you. My l/o made it through still on his first demerit book. Learn the rules, follow them. Yes sir, yes ma'am. I hope your l/o will be visiting IPT if you have anymore questions. God Bless.

Offline AuntK

« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2013, 09:06:35 PM »
bjason; asked my nephew about the first 2 weeks. He told me to tell you. Every day, every second of the first 2 weeks stick with it. Just listen to what they tell you to do and how to do it. And you will be fine.

Offline bjason

« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2013, 08:36:12 PM »
thanks so much auntk!!!!!!!

Offline oasis9592

« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2014, 07:08:59 PM »
I know they can only call on Saturday's and Sunday's, but what are the specific hours that they can call between? I've been expecting a call all weekend and I usually sleep early for work and I'm f=worried I could miss a call.