• November 14, 2018, 04:17:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Info On Dixon Springs Boot Camp  (Read 41558 times)

Offline galstone34

• Waiting for daddy to come home!
Re: Info On Dixon Springs Boot Camp
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2009, 08:11:48 AM »
You can not visit your boyfriend period, only family can and he has to put in for the day they are to visit and get it approved for that day only, they are very strict on that...sorry just keep writing and look forward to his phone calls.

Offline deanswife

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2009, 11:26:12 PM »
i am very new to all this having to do with boot-camp.. can friends and girlfrinds write or just family? IM S0 C0NFUSEDD..!!!

Offline Bradsgirl

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2009, 12:38:46 AM »
yes anyone can write but only immediate family can visit i believe. Im new to this too, my bf has been there for about 3 weeks now :(

Offline DitkaKenobi

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2010, 04:47:29 PM »
I just got released from Dixon Springs a few days ago so if anyone has any questions I'll be happy to answer them for you!

Offline cgs51

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2010, 11:38:51 PM »
 :wc7:CONGRATULATIONS!!!
You have made one of the toughest journies you will ever make--except for the one you are about to make "on the outside".  Be careful to remember who stood by you while you were there so you can stand by them now.  Remember every time you prayed to just make it home and enjoy being home now.  And most of all remember what got you where you were and never let yourself be put in that position again--if not for yourself then for the ones that love you and stood by you.
May you NEVER see the inside of a prison again
Good Luck and best wishes to you

Offline dannysgirl

• I will wait for you, I promise.
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2010, 01:14:23 AM »
Yes congratulations!!!!
My LO is in IL River, but it is so nice of you to offer your help to others , I wish you all the best!!!

Offline DitkaKenobi

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2010, 03:04:18 AM »
Thanks! It was definitely one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through. It's great to be out.

Yes congratulations!!!!
My LO is in IL River, but it is so nice of you to offer your help to others , I wish you all the best!!!

:wc7:CONGRATULATIONS!!!
You have made one of the toughest journies you will ever make--except for the one you are about to make "on the outside".  Be careful to remember who stood by you while you were there so you can stand by them now.  Remember every time you prayed to just make it home and enjoy being home now.  And most of all remember what got you where you were and never let yourself be put in that position again--if not for yourself then for the ones that love you and stood by you.
May you NEVER see the inside of a prison again

Good Luck and best wishes to you

Offline jsbaby526

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2011, 01:38:42 PM »
You can not visit your boyfriend period, only family can and he has to put in for the day they are to visit and get it approved for that day only, they are very strict on that...sorry just keep writing and look forward to his phone calls.

This is deffinately going to be hard on my fiance and I. I understand only family can visit but we were supposed to be married this month so it kind of hurts knowing I won't be able to see him because of our marital status. We have a baby on the way and two other children. Unfortunately he is going to miss the birth. He has no family who cares enough about him to visit either =\ My family and I have been taking care of him since he was 15 years old. It has been hard keeping him out of trouble but for the most part he has done well until this incident. To anyone out there who knows a thing or two about this, my fiance is currently is Statesville waiting to be transferred. How will I know to start writing him since I know I can't right now. Do I wait for his letter first? This is really hard not being able to talk to him considering when he was in the county jail awaiting his trial for three months I went to every visit, court date, and wrote everyday.
forever&&always...

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2011, 01:44:54 PM »
Welcome to IPT  jsbaby526 .  As long as your BF has his profile page up on IDOC website you can begin to write to him.  Just make you sure you add his # and full name to each letter you send.

He will be at Stateville R&C until he is transferred to the parent prison of the Boot Camp he is going to be sent to, but before they send him, they will evaluate him and be sure he is eligible and this could take sometime depending on how crowded the BC's are right now, so you/he will learn patience during this whole thing.  Once he gets to BC he has to do a minimum of 120 days, up to 180 days, it all depends on him and how he goes through it.

I am sorry you are having to go through all this with  a baby on the way and the other children, but you have found the right place to get your questions answered and for support.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline jsbaby526

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2011, 02:05:06 PM »
Thank you. So he will still get them in Statesville then? That is good to know or I would have never written him thinking he wouldn't have gotten it because he's waiting to be transferred. I'm starting to see all they do in the bootcamp program and although I would never tell him this, I'm so scared he won't make it through due to his anger problems and him having bipolar. I pray he stays strong and gets through this calmly though. I really do not want him having to serve his whole sentence. Especially because now that I'm seeing what a wait this may be, him serving his time in a regular prison would have been about as long as this bootcamp thing since they do not receive time served in BC and what not.
forever&&always...

Offline nicksgram

« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2012, 11:20:27 AM »
Does anyone know if previous money in JPay is actually frozen when your LO goes to boot camp? Is it just a delay in fund transfer or unusable. Unusable doesn't make sense to me but what the heck do I know!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2012, 02:56:59 PM »
Does anyone know if previous money in JPay is actually frozen when your LO goes to boot camp? Is it just a delay in fund transfer or unusable. Unusable doesn't make sense to me but what the heck do I know!

They will transfer it, but they are very limited as to how much they can spend in boot camp, it's not much at one time!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline nicksgram

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2012, 06:30:00 AM »
They will transfer it, but they are very limited as to how much they can spend in boot camp, it's not much at one time!

Thanks Mah.. I know he will want to buy shoes and wanted to make sure he had the money.

Offline nicksgram

Did I screw up? Dixon Springs Boot Camp
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2012, 07:51:37 PM »
I just received a call on my cell from a "private number". Without hesitation I hit decline call. ARRGG!! My grandson has been in bc since 11/6. Is it possible that it could have been the parole officer calling already??  :wc96:

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2012, 08:58:47 PM »
This is what mine always Say's    CPS/ Caller ID# 217 347 9606

Don't stress, if it was the PO He will be calling back. 

:hthank:

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2012, 09:27:18 PM »
This is what mine always Say's    CPS/ Caller ID# 217 347 9606

Don't stress, if it was the PO He will be calling back. 

:wc38: I do the G'Ma thing and start thinking what if he was hurt, what if it was the PO, what if they gave them special calling priviledges because of the holiday...Sigh. Grandson's number was a 217 area code too. That eases my mind. Thank you for the info Angela!!

:wc11:

Offline hesmyheart

• MY LOVEBUG
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2012, 01:07:45 AM »
 Hey all.   I thought I read somewhere thats bc gets a special phone call for the holidays?? any truth in this??

:table:

Offline herheart

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2012, 08:23:10 PM »
Hey everyone I've been hearing about this site since I arrived in stateville to wait for boot camp and first and foremost I would like to thank you all for supporting hesmyheart through our time of separation. I was just released from Dixon springs boot camp and I would like to help anyone who needs help. I would be honored to help anyone with any questions anyone may have regarding boot camp or stateville or cook county jail or what it is like for us. I am recovering from addictions of many and I would also like assist anyone in the recovery process or the like. I am hoping to make this support forum a part of my life.I know I can help. I am obviously new so I'll be getting used to posting as much a possible so as to help more. If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to  post in this topic or the topics I'm normally in.so once again thank you all and I'm looking forward to playing my part.

Offline Angela

• Mod Squad
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2012, 09:04:49 PM »
 :wc12:  to IPT and Thanks for sharing your story, We look forward to hearing from you.

Congratulations on making  it through the Program/ System.     101010    101010   

Glad to hear that the IPT Family was able to help hesmyheart during your Journey with the IDOC.

Best Wishes to the both of you and Happy Holidays.    xmascarolers

Blessings  :wc71-1:

Offline hesmyheart

• MY LOVEBUG
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2012, 09:47:00 PM »
Happy Holidays to you too Angela..

:lites: