• November 14, 2018, 04:20:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Impact Incarceration IDOC  (Read 47444 times)

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
  • Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Impact Incarceration IDOC
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2007, 05:48:59 PM »
My guy was released at 8 a.m. in Galesburg...we had a four hour drive home and we stopped to get reacquainted for a few hours too...We got home by five p.m.  At 11:30 at night the division that installs the monitors called and he arrived within a 1/2 hour.  By 12:30 my inmate was hooked up.  He was released on a Friday.  The following Monday the PO made the first appearance at the house.  He did call in to parole when we arrived home that day.  He was told to stay here until he heard from his PO.
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline babybone

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2007, 02:30:39 PM »

thanks guys i really appreciated ur replies he says he's coming home 3/14 & he's gonna git movement after 7 days and 3 months of house arrest thankz again

Offline BiG Sis

• His Guardian Angel & Protector
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2007, 08:47:31 PM »
Dazzler,

Do you know how fast they notify you through the vine about their transfer? My brother is going on 3 months at Stateville R&C. We're praying he goes tonight! He said they ship people Mondays & Thursdays and it seems like things are moving along if anyone needs to know. He has been working in there and passes out the bags for their belongings to the inmates who are leaving to bootcamp. So he knows who's leaving. Which stinks cuz some people that have been there a shorter time than him have left. How disappointing! nono If anyone has anymore info on bootcampers lately please let me know! Thanks so much for any info. ././/

May God give each one of us the strength to live through this, each minute of each day. May this storm of life bring a beautiful rainbow at the end of it.

Offline BootCampPrince

• Boot Camp Prince
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2007, 08:57:43 PM »
Vine is usually pretty quick at updating if you signed up for there email or phone reply.
When I was there we left Statevile at 5am and didn't arrive at Vienna until 10pm but i believe it will show as transferring or in route or something. Usually same day or next day.

Offline BiG Sis

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2007, 10:34:45 PM »
BCP,

Thanks so much. I'm hoping he leaves tonight. I never thought he'd be there this long. The Springfield guy is saying it's a 3 - 5 month wait right now. Do you know if they transfer you to a dorm before you leave Stateville or can u go directly from your cell? Also when you arrive in Vienna do you go straight to bootcamp or where do they hold you? What do you get transfered in? I'm so anxious to know what will happen. I hope I'm not asking to much. Thanks again! ././/

?>?>?>
May God give each one of us the strength to live through this, each minute of each day. May this storm of life bring a beautiful rainbow at the end of it.

Offline BootCampPrince

• Boot Camp Prince
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2007, 11:11:41 PM »
No question is too personal. Very people know what really goes inside when your loved one is locked up.  Basically at 3am you eat Breakfast and at 4am they wake you up and you line up to go into the receiving room.  They search you before you leave and you sit in a big open bullpen with benches for about a hour until your bus comes.  While on the bus you are handcuffed to another person and to the seat of the bus.  And if you need to use the restroom they pass you a bucket. Yes a bucket.  You get transferred in a very huge greyhound bus with bulletproof shell. There are absolutely no windows at all.  Its a horrible ride because the chairs are very uncomfortable and you cant move around since you are handcuffed and you can't see anything out the window. 

We made one stop in Jacksonville for about 30 minutes before transferring buses.  Then we made it to Menard and we stayed there for a few hours before another bus came to pick us up eating dinner there.  We arrived at Vienna at about 10pm and we saw a nurse and went to sleepi in a dorm style individual bed. So basically after you leave your cell in Stateville it will probably be the last time you see one.  The Boot Camp is also double bunked dorms similar to what you see in the movies and in the Army.  We woke up ate breakfast and took our ID pictures.  Around noon the Boot Camp officers came storming in yelling at us and drove us to Dixon Springs Boot Camp which is actually in the middle of the woods 10 minutes away from Vienna Correctional Center.  Day 1 does not begin until Tuesday and your 120th day will be a Wednesday.

Once he starts BootCamp he will be in "Ghost" status for 2 weeks. Thats were they treat you like crap and try to weed all the people who don't want to be there out and they teach you everything you need to learn.  If you stay cool in those first two weeks then the officers seem not to bother you as much.  But if they can see they can get in your head they will. 

After the first 2 weeks you will get some type of job.  Either doing some type of yard work in the Shawnee woods, a kitchen job, or a custodial job in one of the local prisons.  The jobs make your time go by quicker.  And your 120 days will be over in no time.

When I was there the average wait was 2-3 months....12 weeks was VERY rare unless you had some kind of Medical or Court Hold preventing you from going to BootCamp.  I guess BootCamp has become a more popular choice for people.  Who wouldn't want to take 4 months over 4-8 years in Prison?

And again if you need to know anything, even if its personal, feel free to ask.

Offline BiG Sis

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2007, 11:42:17 PM »
BCP,

Thank you so much for all this info. This is exactly what I needed to know. Do you know anything about the dorm thing before they ship u out or can u go straight from your cell? The thing is about a month ago they transfered him to a dorm style section with about 20 guys. What concerns me is he was sent back to a cell again. I hope to God all that he didn't miss his chance when he was in that dorm section. Do you know anything about that? He had mentioned they had them march and do stuff like in a bootcamp environment. Thanks again! ././/

Offline BootCampPrince

• Boot Camp Prince
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2007, 12:01:41 AM »
There was one time where a group of 50 were transferred over to Dormitory housing.  They were there for 5 days before they were ALL shipped out to BootCamp.  Your loved one security level was then demoted and that is probably the main reason why hes been there for a while.  If he has a ticket or has to see any type of investigators they keep him there until the investigation is complete.  There are a few officers at Stateville who like to treat the BootCampers like crap.  They like to overwork them and make them do crazy things and threatening them to take away there BootCamp if they don't listen.  When in reality the only people that can do this is when you get down the the actual BootCamp facility.  It seems he was involved in a altercation, his security level was demoted until he saw the investigator.  If they would of sent him to Segregation they would of done it right away.  I seen this happen a few times where people got in trouble in Stateville there name was on the list to go to BootCamp but they could not go because the investigation was not complete or they were in Segregation.  And there is no order on whos name is on the list.  It is very random.  So in summary I do believe he was on his way to BootCamp but he was held back because of the altercation but it seems its all over with now and he should be moving soon. 

Offline BiG Sis

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2007, 09:12:23 AM »
BCP,

Thanks again you are awesome and I thank you for being so open about all this. I thank God for this site. I have one more question for you. What do you mean about his security level being demoted? That concerns me? We just want to see him leave that hell hole so bad.

Thank you so much!

Offline BootCampPrince

• Boot Camp Prince
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2007, 10:56:32 AM »
I do not remember the full details but I know that in order to get to BootCamp you had to have the lowest security level. The only way  your security level  changes, for Boot Campers, is if you get in trouble and get a ticket.  For example, fighting, smoking cigarettes, having other contraband will get you a ticket and probably some time in Segregation.  while in Segregation your security level has been demoted for however long they keep you there but once you go back to normal population your security level is restored.

Offline BiG Sis

« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2007, 01:54:33 AM »
Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Offline gettingby

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2007, 09:18:37 AM »
Danny,

My son was recently moved from S/V to Vienna waiting for bootcamp.  He said that is what they are doing now.  Any tickets they receive delays their move down there. They are in Vienna an additional 3-5 weeks before they start bootcamp, the dorm holds 80 guys, and they move 20-25 guys a week to bootcamp, either Dixonsrpings or Duquion.  While in S/V he was in a cell for a while, then they opened up the dorm and he was moved there.  I guess the bootcampers are supposed to be housed in the dorm while in R&C, but it  was closed for a while, it has since reopened. While in Vienna, he can make phone calls until he starts bootcamp (none of the time in Vienna counts for his bootcamp time)
He said the conditions in Vienna are much better that S/V, although , keep in mind it's still prison.  Hope your son makes it down there soon.
Don't repay kindness, pass it on.

Offline CharlinaAnthony

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2010, 02:05:42 PM »
hello! i have a question and im not exactly sure where to post it so ill just ask here. my boyfriend is currently is s/v waiting for bootcamp but he has a violation of probation court day commin up. will court mess up his chances of getting into bootcamp??

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
  • Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2010, 05:36:46 PM »
It depends on whether he can get the charge cleared up before he's scheduled to leave for bootcamp.  Nothing can interfere with their training once they start bootcamp.  So if it drags on he might be disqualified.
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline TandNesha1luv

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2010, 12:24:26 PM »
I'm kind of in the same boat with my bf. He has been waiting for bootcamp for about 8 weeks now at Stateville in which I just recently found out a warrant was issued for him while he was there for failing to appear at a court date for another offense. He told me on Thursday that the situation was cleared and he got the papers stating that he was clear to go to bootcamp. He told me then that he was supposed to be leaving this morning, but when I checked the website and talked to a counselor, they stated that he is still in reception. Are they still holding him back because of this, how long does it take to get transferred once they receive the clearance to attend?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2010, 02:28:50 PM »
I'm kind of in the same boat with my bf. He has been waiting for bootcamp for about 8 weeks now at Stateville in which I just recently found out a warrant was issued for him while he was there for failing to appear at a court date for another offense. He told me on Thursday that the situation was cleared and he got the papers stating that he was clear to go to bootcamp. He told me then that he was supposed to be leaving this morning, but when I checked the website and talked to a counselor, they stated that he is still in reception. Are they still holding him back because of this, how long does it take to get transferred once they receive the clearance to attend?

No one is going to tell you he is in transit and the website will not change until after 9PM tonight..  You are just going to have to wait to see if he was moved today or sometime this week.  Making phone calls is not going to get you the information.  When they have a spot for him, he will be moved.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline TandNesha1luv

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2010, 02:44:51 PM »
Thank you so much Forevermah. It helps knowing that it's still a possibility he can be transferred today, or even later on this week too. This whole process has just been so stressful, I'll be soo glad when we can at least start counting down the days.

Offline ace2011

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2011, 07:45:41 PM »
My boyfriend just got sentenced five years. We are wanting to know more about Boot Camp, I think he would qualify, but did not get recommended by the judge. Does he need to appeal and see if the judge will recommend him? He was suppose to be picked up today to go to Stateville. Is there any other way to get into Boot Camp other than just by a judge recommending you? Please help!

Offline boobah418

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2011, 07:56:26 PM »
yea i was just thinking about the same thing...cuz my bf just got setenced to 2 years (first time in prison) and i was wondering about boot camp too??

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2011, 08:39:09 PM »
My boyfriend just got sentenced five years. We are wanting to know more about Boot Camp, I think he would qualify, but did not get recommended by the judge. Does he need to appeal and see if the judge will recommend him? He was suppose to be picked up today to go to Stateville. Is there any other way to get into Boot Camp other than just by a judge recommending you? Please help!

Boot Camp has to be court appointed, IDOC cannot just send you because you request it. IDOC can reject the recommendation also.  Not everyone/conviction is eligible for BC.

Appeals can take years to go through the court system and a high % are never won.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”