• November 14, 2018, 04:16:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Impact Incarceration IDOC  (Read 47443 times)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Impact Incarceration IDOC
« on: June 13, 2006, 02:01:16 PM »
 Click here:

Duquoin BC

Dixon Springs BC

This is from the IDOC site:

The Illinois Department of Corrections operates two adult boot camps and one juvenile camp. The adult camps are located at the DuQuoin State Fairground in Perry County, and at Dixon Springs, at the edge of the Shawnee National Forest in deep southern Illinois. The juvenile camp is located in Murphysboro. Adult inmates must volunteer before the judge and the placement recommendation by the judge is reviewed when the inmate is received at Corrections. Corrections administrators determine who goes to the juvenile camp. Adults may not have been convicted of a serious crime, must be between the ages of 18-35 and not have been sentenced to Corrections more than twice. They cannot have a sentence of more than 8 years. Corrections retains the right to determine who goes to boot camp based on the nature of the crime and whether the inmate can take the regimentation both physically and mentally. The camp is 120-days in length. Inmates may not have visitors for 30 days, and then only immediate family. They are also restricted from phone calls for a period of time. Inmates may possess only what Corrections gives them.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline BootCampPrince

• Boot Camp Prince
Re: Impact Incarceration IDOC
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 03:44:48 PM »
It's actually 30 days before you can make a phone call and 60 days before you can receive a visit, and visits are immediate family, NO EXCEPTIONS.  You are only entitled to 1 ten minute phone call a week.  If you get in trouble you can lose your phone privileges.  Some of the officers will only give you 1 attempt to make your phone call at the time he wants and if you don't get through than your SOL.  I was just released from Dixon Springs IIP Boot Camp last month. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Offline RJs Mom

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 05:37:30 PM »
BlackPeace,
My son has been waiting to go to boot camp since sept 7th he is at menard.
I have gotten a few letters from him but he hasnt called me as of yet. I have been going out of my mind, I have so many questions to ask you am so glad you are here, He says the time he is waiting is dead time he was sentenced to 4 m0nths at boot camp.
thanks for any info

Offline BootCampPrince

• Boot Camp Prince
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 07:45:49 PM »
Got your message. And sent you a reply.  Don't worry it shouldn't be too much longer before he gets in.  And yes his time wont start until Day 1 of Boot Camp.

Offline babybone

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 02:30:05 PM »
do u have the dixon springs bootcamp inmate address?

Offline dancer

• Account Closed
  • Account Retired
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 04:21:16 PM »
Dixon Springs IIP
Vienna Correctional Center/IIP
6695 State Route #146 East
Vienna
Il-62995
(618) 949-3311

It is not listed under "facilities" but there was a "complete alphabetical listing".

Offline babybone

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 01:57:25 PM »

how much after they graduate from bootcamp do they get home?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 02:05:19 PM »
They come home after they are done, but I believe they are on house arrest for 3 months then.   They will give him all his restrictions when they release him.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline babybone

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 12:08:51 PM »

When he on house arrest can he leave the house?

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
  • Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 12:16:03 PM »
Is he on house arrest for parole?  Or as a sentence?
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline babybone

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 12:19:38 PM »

i'm guessing parole cause he said after he's done with boot camp he gotta do parole & house arrest

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 01:11:07 PM »
My imate was on the ankle monitor for the first three months of parole.  He was allowed out for certain hours each week.  Usually for four hours a couple times a week.  Then it increased to eight hours four days a week.  It depends on the PO..but yes, almost everyone gets some free time while on house arrest.
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline babybone

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 03:32:19 PM »

does he have to use the hours they give him all together at once?  what if house arest is part of his sentence and he still go out? what does he do for parole?

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 03:44:21 PM »
If he is given free hours off the monitor these hours must be prearranged and entered into the computer that monitors his ankle bracelet...or his monitor will be sending a signal that says he's violating his house arrest...It's all up to the individual Parole Officer and what he feels each parolee should receive.  Some are given eight hours out per day...to job hunt, etc.  It's very individual. 

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline BootCampPrince

• Boot Camp Prince
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 04:52:29 PM »
As Dazzler mentioned it's all up to the individual Parole Officer.  I found the ones around Chicago to be a lot more lenient because they have so many offenders to look after.  As with me my Parole Officer came to visit me 2 days after I got out and gave me 8am - 5pm Monday - Friday to look for a job.  After you have been doing good you can ask the Parole Officer for some free time and they are usually good about granting it for you, as long as you don't abuse those privileges.  I've seen people get movement from 9am-11pm Everyday for work and others get no FREE TIME movement at all.  Again the Parole Officer is 100% in control about how much movement you can get.The parole officer visits the Parolee about once a month at random days and times to check up. Sometimes they call you 2 minutes before they arrive and sometimes they don't call at all.  They just make sure you haven't gotten in any other trouble and move on.  They also do random drug tests to make sure your clean.  And if you had a drug/alcohol problem in the past then you might be required to attend classes. 

Keep in mind that House Arrest after Boot Camp is MANDATORY. You must complete a MINIMUM of 90 days and a MAXIMUM of 180 days. As with my situation my Parole Officer came to visit me a week before I hit my 90 days and didn't feel like coming back anytime soon to take me off, even after leaving him 112 messages.  After he went on Vacation and speaking with 20 different people I was able to get ahold of his supervisor and he informed me that they didn't have me listed as a "Boot Camper" and I would have to be on House Arrest for the next 2 years.  After he called my Parent Institute he verified I was a "Boot Camper" and immediately gave me instructions where to take my house arrest equipment to and I was actually given a pair of scissors and permission to cut the ankle bracelet off. Boy did that Feel Good!

To Sum it all up....For a Person that makes about $18 hr and probably no higher level education they sure do have a lot of power.

Just my 2 Cents

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2007, 05:01:26 PM »
LOL..yes I remember J was told to cut his own ankle bracelet off too....that's pretty funny....someone came along later to pick it all up...

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline dancer

• Account Closed
  • Account Retired
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2007, 08:19:36 PM »
I"m glad you are finally off it BPS.  No one looks for a job  40 hours a week,  but unless you are living with Mom and she is doing everything for you,  you need time to get groceries,  do your laundry and all that.   What is the Parent Institute?  your Dad? 

Offline BootCampPrince

• Boot Camp Prince
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2007, 02:46:39 AM »
Vienna is the parent institute of Dixon Springs (satellite facility).  Dixon Springs Boot Camp is actually located about 6 miles from Vienna Correctional Center.  It is in the middle of the Shawnee Forest.  It's pretty funny because if someone really wanted to they can EASILY escape and the doors are always open.  But everyone at Boot Camp have a non-violent crime and 8 years or less to serve.  Any besides it's only four months.

As dancer mentioned...You can use your hours wisely...I did all my job searches online and kept proof of where I applied even though my parole officer never asked......So If I wanted I can use the other hours to do something else useful.

Offline babybone

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2007, 03:40:51 PM »

will they give him a couple of hours to go out the first day? or how long he gotta wail til they give him time to go out?

Offline BootCampPrince

• Boot Camp Prince
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2007, 04:42:25 PM »
Technically he is not allowed to leave the house until his Parole Officer arrives.  What happened with me is, the day I after I got home, a guy came and installed the ankle bracelet and the following day my Parole Officer came to visit and gave me movement Monday - Friday 8am-5pm. 

When you leave Boot Camp, whether it's from a car ride or bus, you do not have the ankle bracelet. Now you ask how do they when you got there? They don't.  But they will call your house every few hours until you talk to them.  You are required to call them AS SOON as you get home.  Some people like to "grab" something to eat the day they get home.  They cant monitor the second you get home, but if you get in trouble before you make it home I feel sorry for the consequences.

So to sum it up you have some time before you get strapped with the bracelet but I recommend you wait a day or two to get official movement. 

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2007, 05:48:59 PM »
My guy was released at 8 a.m. in Galesburg...we had a four hour drive home and we stopped to get reacquainted for a few hours too...We got home by five p.m.  At 11:30 at night the division that installs the monitors called and he arrived within a 1/2 hour.  By 12:30 my inmate was hooked up.  He was released on a Friday.  The following Monday the PO made the first appearance at the house.  He did call in to parole when we arrived home that day.  He was told to stay here until he heard from his PO.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline babybone

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2007, 02:30:39 PM »

thanks guys i really appreciated ur replies he says he's coming home 3/14 & he's gonna git movement after 7 days and 3 months of house arrest thankz again

Offline BiG Sis

• His Guardian Angel & Protector
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2007, 08:47:31 PM »
Dazzler,

Do you know how fast they notify you through the vine about their transfer? My brother is going on 3 months at Stateville R&C. We're praying he goes tonight! He said they ship people Mondays & Thursdays and it seems like things are moving along if anyone needs to know. He has been working in there and passes out the bags for their belongings to the inmates who are leaving to bootcamp. So he knows who's leaving. Which stinks cuz some people that have been there a shorter time than him have left. How disappointing! nono If anyone has anymore info on bootcampers lately please let me know! Thanks so much for any info. ././/

May God give each one of us the strength to live through this, each minute of each day. May this storm of life bring a beautiful rainbow at the end of it.

Offline BootCampPrince

• Boot Camp Prince
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2007, 08:57:43 PM »
Vine is usually pretty quick at updating if you signed up for there email or phone reply.
When I was there we left Statevile at 5am and didn't arrive at Vienna until 10pm but i believe it will show as transferring or in route or something. Usually same day or next day.

Offline BiG Sis

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2007, 10:34:45 PM »
BCP,

Thanks so much. I'm hoping he leaves tonight. I never thought he'd be there this long. The Springfield guy is saying it's a 3 - 5 month wait right now. Do you know if they transfer you to a dorm before you leave Stateville or can u go directly from your cell? Also when you arrive in Vienna do you go straight to bootcamp or where do they hold you? What do you get transfered in? I'm so anxious to know what will happen. I hope I'm not asking to much. Thanks again! ././/

?>?>?>
May God give each one of us the strength to live through this, each minute of each day. May this storm of life bring a beautiful rainbow at the end of it.

Offline BootCampPrince

• Boot Camp Prince
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2007, 11:11:41 PM »
No question is too personal. Very people know what really goes inside when your loved one is locked up.  Basically at 3am you eat Breakfast and at 4am they wake you up and you line up to go into the receiving room.  They search you before you leave and you sit in a big open bullpen with benches for about a hour until your bus comes.  While on the bus you are handcuffed to another person and to the seat of the bus.  And if you need to use the restroom they pass you a bucket. Yes a bucket.  You get transferred in a very huge greyhound bus with bulletproof shell. There are absolutely no windows at all.  Its a horrible ride because the chairs are very uncomfortable and you cant move around since you are handcuffed and you can't see anything out the window. 

We made one stop in Jacksonville for about 30 minutes before transferring buses.  Then we made it to Menard and we stayed there for a few hours before another bus came to pick us up eating dinner there.  We arrived at Vienna at about 10pm and we saw a nurse and went to sleepi in a dorm style individual bed. So basically after you leave your cell in Stateville it will probably be the last time you see one.  The Boot Camp is also double bunked dorms similar to what you see in the movies and in the Army.  We woke up ate breakfast and took our ID pictures.  Around noon the Boot Camp officers came storming in yelling at us and drove us to Dixon Springs Boot Camp which is actually in the middle of the woods 10 minutes away from Vienna Correctional Center.  Day 1 does not begin until Tuesday and your 120th day will be a Wednesday.

Once he starts BootCamp he will be in "Ghost" status for 2 weeks. Thats were they treat you like crap and try to weed all the people who don't want to be there out and they teach you everything you need to learn.  If you stay cool in those first two weeks then the officers seem not to bother you as much.  But if they can see they can get in your head they will. 

After the first 2 weeks you will get some type of job.  Either doing some type of yard work in the Shawnee woods, a kitchen job, or a custodial job in one of the local prisons.  The jobs make your time go by quicker.  And your 120 days will be over in no time.

When I was there the average wait was 2-3 months....12 weeks was VERY rare unless you had some kind of Medical or Court Hold preventing you from going to BootCamp.  I guess BootCamp has become a more popular choice for people.  Who wouldn't want to take 4 months over 4-8 years in Prison?

And again if you need to know anything, even if its personal, feel free to ask.

Offline BiG Sis

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2007, 11:42:17 PM »
BCP,

Thank you so much for all this info. This is exactly what I needed to know. Do you know anything about the dorm thing before they ship u out or can u go straight from your cell? The thing is about a month ago they transfered him to a dorm style section with about 20 guys. What concerns me is he was sent back to a cell again. I hope to God all that he didn't miss his chance when he was in that dorm section. Do you know anything about that? He had mentioned they had them march and do stuff like in a bootcamp environment. Thanks again! ././/

Offline BootCampPrince

• Boot Camp Prince
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2007, 12:01:41 AM »
There was one time where a group of 50 were transferred over to Dormitory housing.  They were there for 5 days before they were ALL shipped out to BootCamp.  Your loved one security level was then demoted and that is probably the main reason why hes been there for a while.  If he has a ticket or has to see any type of investigators they keep him there until the investigation is complete.  There are a few officers at Stateville who like to treat the BootCampers like crap.  They like to overwork them and make them do crazy things and threatening them to take away there BootCamp if they don't listen.  When in reality the only people that can do this is when you get down the the actual BootCamp facility.  It seems he was involved in a altercation, his security level was demoted until he saw the investigator.  If they would of sent him to Segregation they would of done it right away.  I seen this happen a few times where people got in trouble in Stateville there name was on the list to go to BootCamp but they could not go because the investigation was not complete or they were in Segregation.  And there is no order on whos name is on the list.  It is very random.  So in summary I do believe he was on his way to BootCamp but he was held back because of the altercation but it seems its all over with now and he should be moving soon. 

Offline BiG Sis

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2007, 09:12:23 AM »
BCP,

Thanks again you are awesome and I thank you for being so open about all this. I thank God for this site. I have one more question for you. What do you mean about his security level being demoted? That concerns me? We just want to see him leave that hell hole so bad.

Thank you so much!

Offline BootCampPrince

• Boot Camp Prince
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2007, 10:56:32 AM »
I do not remember the full details but I know that in order to get to BootCamp you had to have the lowest security level. The only way  your security level  changes, for Boot Campers, is if you get in trouble and get a ticket.  For example, fighting, smoking cigarettes, having other contraband will get you a ticket and probably some time in Segregation.  while in Segregation your security level has been demoted for however long they keep you there but once you go back to normal population your security level is restored.

Offline BiG Sis

« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2007, 01:54:33 AM »
Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Offline gettingby

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2007, 09:18:37 AM »
Danny,

My son was recently moved from S/V to Vienna waiting for bootcamp.  He said that is what they are doing now.  Any tickets they receive delays their move down there. They are in Vienna an additional 3-5 weeks before they start bootcamp, the dorm holds 80 guys, and they move 20-25 guys a week to bootcamp, either Dixonsrpings or Duquion.  While in S/V he was in a cell for a while, then they opened up the dorm and he was moved there.  I guess the bootcampers are supposed to be housed in the dorm while in R&C, but it  was closed for a while, it has since reopened. While in Vienna, he can make phone calls until he starts bootcamp (none of the time in Vienna counts for his bootcamp time)
He said the conditions in Vienna are much better that S/V, although , keep in mind it's still prison.  Hope your son makes it down there soon.
Don't repay kindness, pass it on.

Offline CharlinaAnthony

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2010, 02:05:42 PM »
hello! i have a question and im not exactly sure where to post it so ill just ask here. my boyfriend is currently is s/v waiting for bootcamp but he has a violation of probation court day commin up. will court mess up his chances of getting into bootcamp??

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2010, 05:36:46 PM »
It depends on whether he can get the charge cleared up before he's scheduled to leave for bootcamp.  Nothing can interfere with their training once they start bootcamp.  So if it drags on he might be disqualified.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline TandNesha1luv

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2010, 12:24:26 PM »
I'm kind of in the same boat with my bf. He has been waiting for bootcamp for about 8 weeks now at Stateville in which I just recently found out a warrant was issued for him while he was there for failing to appear at a court date for another offense. He told me on Thursday that the situation was cleared and he got the papers stating that he was clear to go to bootcamp. He told me then that he was supposed to be leaving this morning, but when I checked the website and talked to a counselor, they stated that he is still in reception. Are they still holding him back because of this, how long does it take to get transferred once they receive the clearance to attend?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2010, 02:28:50 PM »
I'm kind of in the same boat with my bf. He has been waiting for bootcamp for about 8 weeks now at Stateville in which I just recently found out a warrant was issued for him while he was there for failing to appear at a court date for another offense. He told me on Thursday that the situation was cleared and he got the papers stating that he was clear to go to bootcamp. He told me then that he was supposed to be leaving this morning, but when I checked the website and talked to a counselor, they stated that he is still in reception. Are they still holding him back because of this, how long does it take to get transferred once they receive the clearance to attend?

No one is going to tell you he is in transit and the website will not change until after 9PM tonight..  You are just going to have to wait to see if he was moved today or sometime this week.  Making phone calls is not going to get you the information.  When they have a spot for him, he will be moved.

Offline TandNesha1luv

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2010, 02:44:51 PM »
Thank you so much Forevermah. It helps knowing that it's still a possibility he can be transferred today, or even later on this week too. This whole process has just been so stressful, I'll be soo glad when we can at least start counting down the days.

Offline ace2011

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2011, 07:45:41 PM »
My boyfriend just got sentenced five years. We are wanting to know more about Boot Camp, I think he would qualify, but did not get recommended by the judge. Does he need to appeal and see if the judge will recommend him? He was suppose to be picked up today to go to Stateville. Is there any other way to get into Boot Camp other than just by a judge recommending you? Please help!

Offline boobah418

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2011, 07:56:26 PM »
yea i was just thinking about the same thing...cuz my bf just got setenced to 2 years (first time in prison) and i was wondering about boot camp too??

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2011, 08:39:09 PM »
My boyfriend just got sentenced five years. We are wanting to know more about Boot Camp, I think he would qualify, but did not get recommended by the judge. Does he need to appeal and see if the judge will recommend him? He was suppose to be picked up today to go to Stateville. Is there any other way to get into Boot Camp other than just by a judge recommending you? Please help!

Boot Camp has to be court appointed, IDOC cannot just send you because you request it. IDOC can reject the recommendation also.  Not everyone/conviction is eligible for BC.

Appeals can take years to go through the court system and a high % are never won.

Offline itsme12

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2011, 10:45:54 AM »
We need help! My boyfriend was approved by the court for boot camp even went and was there for 2 months! On may 11,2011 I got a phone call from one of the people that work at dixon. Springs saying my boyfriend had been terminated bc he has to register as a sex offender for unlawful restraint. He was never made to register as a sex offender and this happened 3 years ago...he's in trouble and was at boot camp for not finishing his community service in time. There are no laws saying sex offenders can't go to boot camp even idoc and our county signed off on him going. Please help what can we do!?!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2011, 11:13:06 AM »
Welcome to IPT, I'll see if I can help out.

You said your BF has to register as a sex offender for unlawful restraint, here is the  criteria that says sex offenders can definitely not go to boot camp depending on their offense,  and if you look at #3, they give some guidelines for those that cannot attend bootcamp.

I am not saying your BF's charges fall into that category, but for some reason, the IDOC reviewed his conviction and are not saying no  What was his actual conviction on?

If the court finds that an offender sentenced to a term of imprisonment for a felony may meet the eligibility requirements of the Department, the court may recommend in its sentencing order that the Department consider the offender for placement in its Impact Incarceration Program. Offenders who are referred and meet the legislative guidelines are considered at one of the Reception and Classification Centers (R&C) upon admission to the Department.
The Department evaluates each inmate against the following criteria:

1.   Must be not less than 17 years of age nor more than 35 years of age.

2.   Has never served more than one sentence of imprisonment for a felony in an adult correctional facility.

3.   Has not been convicted of a Class X felony, first or second degree murder, armed violence, aggravated kidnapping, criminal sexual assault, aggravated criminal sexual abuse, or a subsequent conviction for criminal sexual abuse, forcible detention, or arson.

4.   Has been sentenced to a term of imprisonment of eight years or less.

5.   Must be physically able to participate in strenuous physical activities or labor.

6.   Must not have any mental disorder or disability that would prevent participation in the Impact Incarceration Program.

7. Impact Incarceration Program 2003 Annual Report to the Governor and the General Assembly
Has consented in writing to participation in the IIP.

8. The Department may also consider, among other matters, whether the committed person has a history of escape or absconding, whether he has any outstanding detainers or warrants, or whether participation in the Impact Incarceration Program may pose a risk to the safety or security of any person.

Screening Process
R&C staff identify inmates for participation based on the sentencing order. Staff ensure that the inmate is eligible by law. They then conduct the routine R&C procedures. An intensive medical screening is included in these procedures. The Health Care Services Unit has developed special medical care and mental health screening policies to determine the inmate's fitness for the IIP. The medical decision is based on detailed medical and dental exams to ensure that inmates are physically able to participate in the rigorous structure of the program.

Preparation for separate transportation is then arranged for inmates recommended for the IIP. These inmates are housed in a separate unit at the holding facility, where staff interview each inmate to discuss the Impact Incarceration Program in detail. A video is also available for the inmate's review. Inmates are asked to sign a form stating they are volunteering for the program. They are held at this facility until transfer to the boot camp can be made.

When the inmate is received at the boot camp facility, a form letter is sent notifying the sentencing judge that the inmate has been received at the boot camp. This will occur on the day that the inmate begins his or her 120-day program.

Offline itsme12

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2011, 11:45:03 AM »
Thank you for your response. We have read that and it does not say "Sex offenders" it simply lists crimes that are not approved for boot camp and unlawful restraint is not one of them. His orignal conviction is unlawful restraint and he is in now for probation violation (not finishing all of his hours) Do you have any suggestions and who to contact or anything that could be of help! Again thank you so much for responding! Like I said too, his conviction was 3 years ago, and he was never made to register, nothing has ever even been brought up about this until he was 2 months into boot camp = (

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2011, 12:05:05 PM »
I would contact your lawyer and have them try to get it straightened out.  A  copy of the sentencing papers (Mittimus) too.

Anyone convicted of these crimes are sex offenders:

criminal sexual assault, aggravated criminal sexual abuse, or a subsequent conviction for criminal sexual abuse, forcible detention

This is another breakdown of definitions of who has to register as a sex offender:

What offenses are subject to Sex Offender Registration?

1. Any felony or misdemeanor conviction or adjudication of any of the following statutes require registration:

* Indecent Solicitation of a Child;
          * Sexual Exploitation of a Child;
          * Soliciting for a Juvenile Prostitute;
          * Keeping a place of Juvenile Prostitution;
          * Patronizing a Juvenile Prostitute;
          * Juvenile Pimping;
          * Exploitation of a Child;
          * Child Pornography;
          * Aggravated Child Pornography;
          * Criminal Sexual Assault;
          * Aggravated Criminal Sexual Assault;
          * Predatory Criminal Sexual Assault of a Child;
          * Criminal Sexual Abuse;
          * Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse;
          * Ritualized Abuse of a Child;
          * Forcible Detention, if the victim is under age 18;
          * Indecent Solicitation of an Adult;
          * Soliciting for a Prostitute, if the victim is under age 18;
          * Pandering, if the victim is under age 18;
          * Patronizing, if the victim is under age 18;
          * Pimping, if the victim is under age 18;
          * Public Indecency for a third or subsequent conviction;
          * Custodial Sexual Misconduct (if convicted on or after August 22, 2002);
          * Sexual Misconduct with a Person with a Disability;
          * Permitting Sexual Abuse of a Child;
          * Kidnapping, if the victim is under age 18 and the defendant is not a parent of the victim and the offense was sexually motivated as defined in Section 10 of the Sex Offender Management Board Act and the offense was committed on or after January 1, 1996;
          * Aggravated Kidnapping, if the victim is under age 18 and defendant is not the parent of the victim and the offense was sexually motivated as defined in Section 10 of the Sex Offender Management Board Act and the offense was committed on or after January 1, 1996;
          * Unlawful Restraint, if the victim is under age 18 and the defendant is not the parent of the victim and the offense was sexually motivated as defined in Section 10 of the Sex Offender Management Board Act and the offense was committed on or after January 1, 1996;
          * Aggravated Unlawful Restraint, if the victim is under age 18 and the defendant is not the parent of the victim and the offense was sexually motivated as defined in Section 10 of the Sex Offender Management Board Act and the offense was committed on or after January 1, 1996;
          * Child Abduction by luring a child under 16 into a vehicle or building and the offense was sexually motivated as defined in Section 10 of the Sex Offender Management Board Act;
          * First Degree Murder of a Child, victim under age 18 and the offense was sexually motivated as defined in Section 10 of the Sex Offender Management Board Act; or
          * Any attempts to commit any of the offenses listed above.

Here is a link to the SO facts:

http://www.isp.state.il.us/sor/faq.cfm

Offline itsme12

« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2011, 12:08:51 PM »
Thank you and yes we sent all the paper work. I guess the question now really is can a person that has to register attend boot camp. We have searched and searched for answers and there is nothing. Not only that, but they let him into boot camp and he was fine only had 60 days to go and then all of this. Its so hard! We have not seen one thing that says a person that has to register as a sex offender or a registered sex offender can not participate in boot camp. Thats really my questions. Thanks so much

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2011, 12:21:59 PM »
Good Luck to him and you, I hope you get it all straightened out and he can continue the camp.  With IDOC, it's always an uphill battle.

This is another statement about BC, I know it doesn't specify SO's specifically, but the part I highlighted gives them the right to accept or deny:

The Illinois Department of Corrections operates two adult boot camps and one juvenile camp. The adult camps are located at the DuQuoin State Fairground in Perry County, and at Dixon Springs, at the edge of the Shawnee National Forest in deep southern Illinois. The juvenile camp is located in Murphysboro. Adult inmates must volunteer before the judge and the placement recommendation by the judge is reviewed when the inmate is received at Corrections. Corrections administrators determine who goes to the juvenile camp. Adults may not have been convicted of a serious crime, must be between the ages of 18-35 and not have been sentenced to Corrections more than twice. They cannot have a sentence of more than 8 years. Corrections retains the right to determine who goes to boot camp based on the nature of the crime and whether the inmate can take the regimentation both physically and mentally. The camp is 120-days in length. Inmates may not have visitors for 30 days, and then only immediate family. They are also restricted from phone calls for a period of time. Inmates may possess only what Corrections gives them.

Offline synika1619

« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2017, 08:54:30 AM »
Hi, I'm new here my son is in NRC and he's waiting for bootcamp. He wrote me and said that he will be getting shipped out son because he's not able to go to bootcamp because he got a class 3 felony Aggravated Battery/ public place. Why do the sentencing judge signs offs on bootcamp when they know 1st hand the person can't go if they have that charge? This his 1st offense. I think he be talking to these jail house lawyers(inmates).

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2017, 09:31:16 AM »
Hi, I'm new here my son is in NRC and he's waiting for bootcamp. He wrote me and said that he will be getting shipped out son because he's not able to go to bootcamp because he got a class 3 felony Aggravated Battery/ public place. Why do the sentencing judge signs offs on bootcamp when they know 1st hand the person can't go if they have that charge? This his 1st offense. I think he be talking to these jail house lawyers(inmates).

It is always up to IDOC to go over the convictions and they have the final say so as to whether someone is eligible.. I know this hard on you, but it does happen that a judge will recommend and the IDOC rejects.