• December 13, 2018, 03:22:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Uniform Colors and What they Mean  (Read 69085 times)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Uniform Colors and What they Mean
« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2013, 01:53:07 PM »
It says Parent Institution Graham Correctional Center. Status: Reception. Location: R&C.

He is in reception, so he could stay there or he could be moved, all depends on what they decide .. is he in on a parole violation? If so, he has to wait to see the PRB.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Joy4archie

• Eternity awaits! <3
  • Can't wait for Spring!
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2013, 02:23:43 PM »
No he's not on a parole violation. Thanks! I will just have to wait and see. The last time he was in receiving for 37 days. Hopefully he won't be in there that long. I can't wait for our first visit.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2013, 04:52:49 PM »
No he's not on a parole violation. Thanks! I will just have to wait and see. The last time he was in receiving for 37 days. Hopefully he won't be in there that long. I can't wait for our first visit.

Yes, he could be there for awhile or they could move him quickly, all depends on when a bed opens up at the prison they want to send him too.

You can start writing him now though, he'll get your letters.  As far as calling it all depends, how long ago he was in, they have changed phone companies in the last year or so, he may need to get a new pin# with the new company Securus.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Joy4archie

• Eternity awaits! <3
  • Can't wait for Spring!
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2013, 05:55:30 PM »
He had a pin number through securus at the county jail. Would he have to get a new one? I signed up for an account with them and jpay. I sent him a letter out today.

Offline Joy4archie

• Eternity awaits! <3
  • Can't wait for Spring!
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2014, 09:34:00 PM »
Well I just checked the idoc website and they have my l/o's photo updated and he's wearing his blue uniform. That's the first updated pic since the yellow transfer uniform pic when he got there back in January. Is there a reason they are just now updating it? Of course he did shave his head, so maybe that's why. Since his appearance changed. Just curious!

Offline zachsmom

• Support Staff
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2014, 04:49:38 AM »
Well I just checked the idoc website and they have my l/o's photo updated and he's wearing his blue uniform. That's the first updated pic since the yellow transfer uniform pic when he got there back in January. Is there a reason they are just now updating it? Of course he did shave his head, so maybe that's why. Since his appearance changed. Just curious!
          When their appearance changes, they do take a new photo of them, and update it.

Offline Joy4archie

• Eternity awaits! <3
  • Can't wait for Spring!
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2014, 09:34:33 AM »
Ok thanks! That's what I thought!

Offline Khamp

« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2014, 07:38:49 PM »
My loved one is in r&c. Has been since June 12th. He has been in blue since the first day. What does that mean? :wc14:

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2014, 08:53:20 PM »
My loved one is in r&c. Has been since June 12th. He has been in blue since the first day. What does that mean? :wc14:

A blue uniform is a normal uniform color.  If he was in yellow it means transportation, brown USED to mean someone was in SEG, but now at certain prisons inmates are in brown jumpsuits all the time.

Offline Khamp

« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2014, 09:29:38 PM »
Thank you so much. This is a wonderful site. It helps to talk to others that know what you are going through.

Offline chantygirl

« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2014, 10:38:28 PM »
If someone gets sent to SEG, do they take a new picture with a brown (or whatever color) shirt/jumpsuit?  Just curious.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2014, 06:26:45 AM »
If someone gets sent to SEG, do they take a new picture with a brown (or whatever color) shirt/jumpsuit?  Just curious.

They used to, but I don't think they do that anymore.  It was always, when they went to SEG, they had a new photo in a brown jumpsuit.  Brown was for SEG inmates only.

Offline New person1

« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2015, 06:31:48 PM »
Wondering what it means when someone's picture changes to yellow clothing insteadof the blues? Nephews picture on Idoc website last night was blue clothes now it's a new picture with yellow clothing

Offline Gizgirl2

• Support Staff
« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2015, 06:56:28 PM »
Yellow normally means transfer.

Offline L84me2

« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2015, 06:11:50 AM »
 :merrycsanta:  So if I understand correctly, since my brother is in reception in Statesville and can't make phone calls or have visits,  The first indication he's been moved will be his uniform color will change from the black and white stripes to the color of his parent prison? 

Offline Gizgirl2

• Support Staff
« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2015, 06:27:41 AM »
:merrycsanta:  So if I understand correctly, since my brother is in reception in Statesville and can't make phone calls or have visits,  The first indication he's been moved will be his uniform color will change from the black and white stripes to the color of his parent prison? 

What do you mean color of parent prison? Are you talking about the blue shirt? Have you signed up for VINE? They will notify you when he has arrived at his parent prison. Or if you check IDOC after 10pm it will update his location,if he was moved.

Offline lilmspink

« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2016, 10:02:35 PM »
Hi, my first post. My lo was wearing a dark blue uniform in Statesville RNC, he's been there since 12/22....I just checked his profile and the picture has changed. Light blue uniform and his hair grew a little and he's kind of smiling. lol I hope this means hes finally transferring. I haven't seen much response on here for lately. I'm signed up for vine and haven't heard anything. Just wondering if anyone would have insight on RNC recently? TIA I'm going crazy, I miss him so much and any news would keep me going.