• December 18, 2018, 05:34:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Uniform Colors and What they Mean  (Read 69240 times)

Offline TeArSInThErAiN

Re: Uniform Colors and What they Mean
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2010, 12:00:14 PM »
lol dazzler! rt he's not waiting for bootcamp.

Offline RT

« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2010, 04:16:14 PM »
There goes the "getting him psyched for BC" theory...LOL. The only other idea I have is there was a sale at the Army Surplus. Maybe the girls at Dwight made a mistake and instead dyed the OD Green? Your guess is as good as mine. IDOC never lets anyone know their reasoning for doing things.Now what would really surprise me is if they actually told some of us just what the hell they are doing and why. But that would be to much like right.

Rick
"Imprisonment has become the response of first resort to far too many of our social problems."
-- Angela Davis

Offline rissa7997

« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2010, 08:49:21 PM »
My old man was transferred from Vandalia to Centralia and has the olive brown color in his picture. I know he's in seg now, maybe that has something to do with it?

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
  • Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2010, 09:47:21 PM »
olive green and brown SEG uniforms are two different colors. 
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Mrs.Habben

« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2010, 11:25:50 PM »
Thanks RT and Dazzler. Yeah lol he is not an escape risk. I got a letter from him today and he said that he was outside and has been going outside and that he got sunburnt. So they are letting him out which makes me feel alittle better. Just waiting now to see when he goes to his Parent Facility. This is the best site. You guys help out so much. I recommended this site to some of my friends who are going through what I am. I am just happy he is not in Orange. not his bets color!!! LOL  :wc62:
Less the 3 Yrs till my baby comes home to his family for good!!!

Offline blah2u

« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2011, 09:53:51 AM »
my husband was just sent to stateville R&C on Thursday.  His picture shows him in a brown jumpsuit.  What does that mean?

Offline RT

« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2011, 10:27:12 AM »
Could be the only one they had. Usually R&C color is baby blue. Brown or tan is seg.

Rick
"Imprisonment has become the response of first resort to far too many of our social problems."
-- Angela Davis

Offline blah2u

« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2011, 10:30:35 AM »
how would i know if that's the only one they had or if he was in seg?  i haven't heard from him (and from what I'm reading on here, probably won't) until he transfers to his parent institution.

Offline TimeStandsStill

• Mod Squad
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2011, 12:09:32 PM »
I wouldn't worry too much about the color of the jumpsuit.   Even some of the parent institutions are low on their supply of the regular prison blues right now.  I hope you hear from him soon.  Try to be patient and try not to worry.  I know it's easier said than done but it will get better.

Offline Renee218

« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2012, 07:17:21 PM »
Mine tells me that they take pics around every six months.  An exception is if they change their appearance.  Like getting glasses, growing a mustache or beard etc. 

Offline Sed1971

« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2013, 02:26:57 PM »
Is there an updated answer to this question?  What does the color of the jumpsuit mean? Does yellow still mean transfer?   :wc14:

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2013, 02:41:44 PM »
Is there an updated answer to this question?  What does the color of the jumpsuit mean? Does yellow still mean transfer?   :wc14:

Yes, yellow is for transfers, and if the prison that they are transferred to, doesn't update their profile picture, it can seem like they stay in that color for awhile.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Sed1971

« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2013, 03:27:33 PM »
His picture just turned yellow in the middle of today but there is no update on the prison location.  How soon do they transfer once the picture is yellow?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2013, 04:31:21 PM »
His picture just turned yellow in the middle of today but there is no update on the prison location.  How soon do they transfer once the picture is yellow?

Check the website after 10 or 11 tonight, they don't do updates till later in the evening.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Sed1971

« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2013, 04:33:45 PM »
I know the website won't update until later but didn't know if it meant he was transferred today or tomorrow….Just wondering…Thanks

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2013, 04:40:52 PM »
I know the website won't update until later but didn't know if it meant he was transferred today or tomorrow….Just wondering…Thanks

They don't do transfers on Saturdays, check the website tonight to see if he went today.

Offline emb10285

« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2013, 05:46:03 PM »
Are you signed up with vine? My LO was transferred on a Thursday and I got the notification Friday night probably after he was processed and such. He has been at Shawnee for just over 2 months now he is still in yellow in his picture it hasn't been updated.

Offline Joy4archie

• Eternity awaits! <3
  • Can't wait for Spring!
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2013, 10:38:08 AM »
I have a question. My l/o was finally sent to Graham receiving yesterday. They have his picture up now, and he's wearing blue. Does that mean that Graham will be his parent prison? Because he served his last sentence there.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2013, 10:50:17 AM »
I have a question. My l/o was finally sent to Graham receiving yesterday. They have his picture up now, and he's wearing blue. Does that mean that Graham will be his parent prison? Because he served his last sentence there.

Does it say Graham R&C?

Offline Joy4archie

• Eternity awaits! <3
  • Can't wait for Spring!
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2013, 11:14:55 AM »
It says Parent Institution Graham Correctional Center. Status: Reception. Location: R&C.