• October 20, 2018, 06:17:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Uniform Colors and What they Mean  (Read 67774 times)

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
  • Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Uniform Colors and What they Mean
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2010, 06:33:58 PM »
Those wearing white are called 'ghosts' in bootcamps.  Also, some prisons keep those on the psych units in white uniforms.....
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline mdslhrst

« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2010, 06:55:21 PM »
Jusdt out of curiosity what do different colored name tags mean? I've noticed a few inmates with a blue name tag rather than white.

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2010, 06:56:48 PM »
It's their security level.  We have a whole thread about it here somewhere.  Try using the 'search' feature.
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline iloveu88

• I WILL LOVE HIM FOREVER! I JUST HAVE TO STAY STRONG
  • DOWN THIS ROAD AGAIN...CAM&SRM 7.22
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2010, 09:03:48 AM »
 :wc3: So I am new to this site and I have questons because I wanted to know abou tthe yellow jumpsuites and what they mean...Also what is the parent location..My loved one is in IL River...Please help me? :wc30: I miss u so much cant wait to see you...I will always love u...
I have loved you for a thousand years, and i will love you for a thousand more. I'll wait for you until you finish your fight.<3

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2010, 09:18:56 AM »
:wc3: So I am new to this site and I have questons because I wanted to know abou tthe yellow jumpsuites and what they mean...Also what is the parent location..My loved one is in IL River...Please help me? :wc30: I miss u so much cant wait to see you...I will always love u...

Yellow jumpsuits are normally when they are in transit and if he is at Illinois River, that is his parent prison.  Welcome to IPT!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline jenplus2

• Appreciate & love now, tomorrow's not guaranteed
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2010, 02:42:36 PM »
My LO is wearing white in his latest picture. Any ideas as to what that means, or does it mean absolutely nothing?
~The "Not Knowing" and/or "Uncertainty" is the hardest part of any situation~
~I still have dreams, many in fact. However, as time marches on they become more focused and realistic~

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2010, 04:14:07 PM »
My LO is wearing white in his latest picture. Any ideas as to what that means, or does it mean absolutely nothing?

jenplus, Dazzler answered the question of white uniform here, not sure if this applies:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php/topic,16317.msg151868.html#msg151868

Workers in BC can wear white too.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline jenplus2

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2010, 09:13:14 PM »
Thank you Forevermah, I did see that post but it doesn't apply to my LO (not in bootcamp or psych), so I was hoping maybe there was another explanation?
~I still have dreams, many in fact. However, as time marches on they become more focused and realistic~

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2010, 09:21:29 PM »
Sometimes hospital or kitchen workers can wear white.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline jenplus2

« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2010, 09:24:37 PM »
Ah maybe it has to do with his job, I apologize, I didn't think of that. With his job he actually has outside clearance, so maybe that has something to do with it... thanks for your replies.

Offline mmarthapena1

• U have 2 go thru da pain, 2 experience da pleasure
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2010, 03:10:10 PM »
Sorry if this has been answered before, but here goes. My l/o was just recently (2 weeks ago) transfered to Vandalia. His IDOC picture is still showing him in the yellow, which I know is usually for transfers. How long does it usually take for the IDOC website to update him with a new picture in his "blues"? Thanks in advance!

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2010, 04:08:25 PM »
Maybe not until his b'day.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2010, 04:36:55 PM »
It could be a year before the picture changes. IDOC has become really lax about updating the ID photos. M has been at his facility for about 9 months, and is still shown in yellow.

Offline mmarthapena1

• U have 2 go thru da pain, 2 experience da pleasure
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2010, 09:28:45 PM »
Thanks Dazz & Marks_guy!!! I spoke with him today and he did say about a year. He said they take our pics once a year, regardless of the color. Wow. Thank you for the replys.

Offline TeArSInThErAiN

« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2010, 02:22:51 PM »
what about green uniforms?

Offline Mrs.Habben

« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2010, 11:53:55 PM »
My Husband has been in R & C At Stateville since August 12th and his shirt is an Olive Green. He was told by a TASC guy that he was going to either TaylorVille Or East Moline. What does that color mean?
Less the 3 Yrs till my baby comes home to his family for good!!!

Offline TeArSInThErAiN

« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2010, 08:32:48 AM »
my lo is also in stateville receiving as of august thirteenth and has an olive green shirt...

Offline RT

« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2010, 10:22:38 AM »
Things must have changed since I worked there, green meant extreme escape risk. Yellow is a transfer color. Brown or tan is seg to seg. Blue collared shirts are the general issue, Stateville R&C does have blue jumpsuits, but they cannot be confused with the prison issue blues.

Rick
"Imprisonment has become the response of first resort to far too many of our social problems."
-- Angela Davis

Offline RT

« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2010, 10:23:26 AM »
my lo is also in stateville receiving as of august thirteenth and has an olive green shirt...

Is he awaiting Boot Camp?

Rick
"Imprisonment has become the response of first resort to far too many of our social problems."
-- Angela Davis

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2010, 11:34:10 AM »
Sounds like the IDOC got a better deal on some olive drab material instead of blue....LOL.  Maybe they're using green for R and C...they are still transporting in yellow.

~ Mahatma Gandhi