• October 20, 2018, 06:39:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Uniform Colors and What they Mean  (Read 67776 times)

Offline Mazzy

Uniform Colors and What they Mean
« on: May 14, 2009, 03:02:01 PM »
Please can someone tell me what the change in uniform means, his pic had him in yellow and now it is blue. Does this mean he is moving or has moved. OMG im shaking

Mazzy

Offline codyandbecca

Re: Uniform Colors and What they Mean
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 03:04:41 PM »
 A yellow jumpsuit means transfers and writs and blue is the general color for their parent institiution. My husband wears all blue clothes.

Offline 2Close2TheGrnd

• A rich child often sits on a poor mother's lap
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 03:07:45 PM »
A yellow jumpsuit means transfers and writs and blue is the general color for their parent institiution. My husband wears all blue clothes.

so does this mean he's been moved to his parent home? Assuming he was in R&C of course???

Offline Mazzy

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 03:10:54 PM »
I so hate not having chat. I watch that pic all the time and today now finally it is diffrent. He has been in R&C 14 days today and I just want him moved and I know it seems crazy but seeing it changed just made me batty all over again!!!!!

Offline 2Close2TheGrnd

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 03:14:59 PM »
I so hate not having chat. I watch that pic all the time and today now finally it is diffrent. He has been in R&C 14 days today and I just want him moved and I know it seems crazy but seeing it changed just made me batty all over again!!!!!

I know how you feel... I hate not having chat too... It was so nice to be able to go in there and admin be there to answer so many critical questions for us... Look under his picture. That tells us where he is housed... See if it still says SV Reception or another facility?

Offline 2Close2TheGrnd

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 03:23:37 PM »

Cody... above where you say "transfers and writs and blue" do you mean "white and blue"? B/c my son has had white on since the day he hit SV R&C... Does that mean if he's in white, (assuming you ment white) that he stays at SV for his full 61 days????

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
  • Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 03:24:17 PM »
Yes, as soon as he's moved he gets his regular 'blues' to wear and have his first picture taken in them....I guess his IDOC page should update sometime tonite after 9 p.m. and you'll know where he's been sent....unless you hear from VINE soon...

Hmm, white uniforms were usually worn by mental patients. 
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Mazzy

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 03:33:35 PM »
TY everyone just got notice he is been moved to Vandalia  :wc23:

Offline Treazur729

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 03:40:42 PM »
Vandalia isn't bad at all it a level 6 which is good. My bf is in vandalia and the visits are great. They are in dorms instead of cells.

Offline 2Close2TheGrnd

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 03:46:49 PM »

Awww... don't be sad.... Is this a far distance for you to travel...?? I am hoping my son gets transferred to East Moline, it is the closest to me and it would at least give me the oportunity to go visit him. ...((((((HUGS))))))))

Offline IMissMyBaby

• I Wont Be Complete Until He Is Back In My Arms!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 03:59:45 PM »
I understand about far distance. My bf is a little over 5 hours away (one way). It sucks, but talking on the phone with him makes me feel a little better.

Offline ernie694

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 04:19:17 PM »
Hate to bust anyones bubble about the whole yellow thing.  My hubby has been at his parent facility for over a month and a new pic did get taken when he arrived there but he was still in his yellow jumpbsuit.  My guess would be hey took the pic at his parent facility before he changed into the new clothes down there. His ID he wears has a pic of him in blues but that pic has not been posted on IDOC.  So if you are looking at just the color they are wearing as an indicator of a possible recent move i think you may be setting yourself up for a down fall.  We are thinking that until the yearly update pic is taken or a (God willing) transfer takes place before then that is what he will be wearing on IDOC site.   I think this is just anything great case for the "there is no norm for IDOC". 

Offline dbaby_1982

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 04:26:14 PM »
I agree, Vandalia isn't that bad. My guy is there now after being in Lawrence, and that place was hell on lockdown all the time compared to this. I love(and hate due to the bill) that he gets pretty much free use of the phone. We can talk as often as we want and for me, that makes it alot easier. He hates being around all the guys 24/7 in the dorm setting, but you have to take the bad with the good. On the picture note, the website still shows him in yellow the one that was taken upon his arrival to Vandalia last May. His year is coming up, so anxious to see if they take a new one next week when the year is up.

Offline codyandbecca

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 04:46:40 PM »
my husbands jumpsuit in his parent facility is also yellow. that was his first pic ever taken. he wears strictly blues now. he said he can take a new pic for $5 so i told him he does look different it may be time for that lol.

Offline Mazzy

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 05:11:35 PM »
It is a ways for me 3 hours 47 min but I will do my best to find rides. I also can get calls now and get to visit hopefully soon. TY guys I have taken a deep breath and I think I will be ok now.

Mazzy

Offline 2Close2TheGrnd

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2009, 05:21:35 PM »
It is a ways for me 3 hours 47 min but I will do my best to find rides. I also can get calls now and get to visit hopefully soon. TY guys I have taken a deep breath and I think I will be ok now.

Mazzy

Well... you're closer then I would be... Vandalia is 250 miles from me which translates into at the very least a 5 hour drive one way. And that would be very stressful for me at my age...  :wc17: ... So I am really praying for East Moline, which is only 150 miles from me... still not a stones throw, but better then the alternative.

Offline Treazur729

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2009, 05:36:18 PM »
I live in chicago and vandalia is about 41/2 hrs from me. I can't wait to go see him next week oh I'm so excited.

Offline 2Close2TheGrnd

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2009, 05:39:17 PM »
I live in chicago and vandalia is about 41/2 hrs from me. I can't wait to go see him next week oh I'm so excited.

I live in a SW suburb of Chicago and when I googled my address to Vandalia's CC, it was 249 miles door to door.

Offline IMissMyBaby

• I Wont Be Complete Until He Is Back In My Arms!!!
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2009, 10:27:42 PM »
Yeah, it seems like our LO's get sent far from where they live. It's like the IDOC can't give us a break. I mean gosh they are already in prison can't they be within a reasonable driving distance from where their family is? It's like a total (round trip) 10-11 hour drive for me, that is just crazy. Ah. I can't wait to see my bf though it's been 9 months since I have hugged him.

Offline Bobsgirl17

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2009, 08:24:21 AM »
I have a 3 hour drive to see my man in Taylorville.  I have a question about the transfers...isn't it true that they cannot request a transfer until they have been at their parent house for a year?  Then after the year they can request every 6 months?  That's what he was told by his counselor and I was told by IDOC.  :wc13:

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2009, 10:02:29 AM »
That's right....they have to wait to request a transfer.  Most Illinois prisons are placed in remote areas of the state on purpose....for security and also most populated areas don't want a prison in their backyard.  I also believe inmates are placed at opposite ends of the state to inhibit them from escaping and also to limit their family contact.  If you were able to visit them on a regular weekly basis you probably wouldn't feel the need to feed the telephone kickback fund...The prisons aren't fond of handling visitors and this also cuts down on the amount of visitors they have to deal with.
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline loving_Liz

• My sweatheart LIZ
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2009, 09:48:57 PM »

Females where blue pants and white shirts. They can buy blue shirts if they want to.

Offline ChicagoTarheel

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2009, 06:38:15 PM »
I am confused about the colors.  My LO has been in blue since being at East Moline and I just checked and his picture has him in a yellow jumpsuit.  Does this mean he is getting ready to transfer?  His letters have been really delayed so it's been a couple of weeks since I've heard from him.  He is supposed to get out in less than 6 months.  Can anyone help? 

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2009, 06:39:49 PM »
Yellow means he's moving somewhere...to another prison or on a writ to court....what does his webpage say? 

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline ChicagoTarheel

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2009, 06:54:38 PM »
The IDOC website still says In Custody at East Moline.  I will keep checking back to see if they update it.

Offline ChicagoTarheel

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2009, 12:21:34 PM »
Dazzler,

I hope you see this.  My LO was transferred to Dixon, his IDOC page updated last night.  I have another question . . . I just set up consolidated account 15 minutes ago.  My LO called me shortly after. . . Did he get a message that the account is in process of being set up when he called?  I really want to talk to him today but am worried he won't try back if he thinks the account is not set up.  THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!  I can't wait to talk to him.  It's been way too long !

Offline kidz ladii

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2009, 12:30:04 PM »
I know that blue is the color they wear once they hit where they are supposed to be. My man told me that the ones in yellow are the transfers.

I know that in county you wear a yellow or orange jumpsuit if you are a shanker lol.

Offline Still love my son

• ONE DAY AT A TIME.........
  • David Cook Rocked in St Louis 7/18/08!!!
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2009, 05:35:53 PM »
 :hthank:

Well there was a TIME when Yellow meant being transported BUT
My son has been in for almost a year, and has been in YELLOW the whole time, must be more BUDGET savings to NOT UPDATE PICS!!!!  I know a couple inmates that were transported earlier this year and they all still show up in YELLOW from when they arrived MONTHS ago..............................                    :wc41:

Offline kamiller

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2009, 07:54:41 PM »
So is he still actually wearing yellow or is it just the in the pic?  I think they only update pics once a year unless they get transferred or appearence change.

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2009, 07:59:49 PM »
He is WEARING YELLOW in the PIC, but not everyday he is in blues and whatever they only stay in yellow DURING transport.

My POINT was there are many inmates right now on the DOC site that are in YELLOW but they are NOT in transit!!!!

Offline kamiller

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2009, 08:20:28 PM »
Yeah I think that's just because they got there pic changed when they were in transit and then there is no reason to take there pic again when they change to blue.  But with these budget cuts it could be possible that they are staying in yellow just to save a few bucks on uniforms.

Offline pschuh

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2010, 12:27:23 PM »
My son is in white at Statesville in R&C; does all prisons have the color "blue"?

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2010, 03:51:35 PM »
White, I believe, is the color they are assigned while in R&C. When he is transferred to his parent facility, he will be given a yellow uniform. Once at the new place and settled in, he will be given his blues.

Offline IloveDCfrombooneco

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2010, 10:11:56 AM »
My man was in Stateville R&C from Feb 25th till they transferred him March 8th ( to Vandalia) and in his picture he was in yellow, I know here in the county he was in orange and white, so I'm assuming the yellow was givin to him in R&C.

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2010, 10:21:14 AM »
Yellow is the "moving" color. He was given that uniform when sent to Vandalia. In a couple of weeks, he'll switch to the normal blues. That change probably won't show up on his IDOC pic. Perhaps due to the budget crunch, they aren't updating the pics everytime there is a change. Just wanted to warn you so you wouldn't get upet if his picture shows him in yellow for a long time.

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2010, 09:34:43 PM »
 :wc71-1:

I miss the PIC updates-That Yellow is BUTT ugly-
Would prefer to see the BLUES!!!!!!!       :wc17:

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2010, 09:54:02 PM »
I agree. M has the skin tone to pull off the yellow, but he looks dang good in blue.

Offline IloveDCfrombooneco

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2010, 11:12:36 PM »
Marks_Guy what I should have said was my man was in orange/white in county, they transferred him on Feb 25th to Stateville, I checked Doc website and he was in yellow until the 3-8, when I got a call from vine at 2:34p.m that he was being transferred to Vandalia, by 4p.m his new pic was posted in his blues, so maybe he stays in yellow while in R&C, because they know he will be transferring when a bed opens up? Just a guess, as I'm still new to all of this.

Offline kenken

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2010, 11:29:44 PM »
As a former Inmate of D.O.C. this is an easy question.....Yellow jump suites are for intake (R&C) and for transfers, inmates will have a yellow jumpsuit on for their intial picture.  Once placed in General population, you get your state blues.  Consisting of 3 button up blue shirts, 3 blue pants, and a blue "state" coat.  Brown jumpsuits are for inmates in SEG status, or SEG TRANSFERS.  Inmates with a blue uniform and a orange stripe are either in a work camp, or they have outside clearance. 

Offline kemos girl

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2010, 01:39:46 PM »
My friends man was released today and in his pic he's wearing all white, Any idea why white?

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2010, 06:33:58 PM »
Those wearing white are called 'ghosts' in bootcamps.  Also, some prisons keep those on the psych units in white uniforms.....

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline mdslhrst

« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2010, 06:55:21 PM »
Jusdt out of curiosity what do different colored name tags mean? I've noticed a few inmates with a blue name tag rather than white.

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2010, 06:56:48 PM »
It's their security level.  We have a whole thread about it here somewhere.  Try using the 'search' feature.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline iloveu88

• I WILL LOVE HIM FOREVER! I JUST HAVE TO STAY STRONG
  • DOWN THIS ROAD AGAIN...CAM&SRM 7.22
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2010, 09:03:48 AM »
 :wc3: So I am new to this site and I have questons because I wanted to know abou tthe yellow jumpsuites and what they mean...Also what is the parent location..My loved one is in IL River...Please help me? :wc30: I miss u so much cant wait to see you...I will always love u...
I have loved you for a thousand years, and i will love you for a thousand more. I'll wait for you until you finish your fight.<3

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2010, 09:18:56 AM »
:wc3: So I am new to this site and I have questons because I wanted to know abou tthe yellow jumpsuites and what they mean...Also what is the parent location..My loved one is in IL River...Please help me? :wc30: I miss u so much cant wait to see you...I will always love u...

Yellow jumpsuits are normally when they are in transit and if he is at Illinois River, that is his parent prison.  Welcome to IPT!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline jenplus2

• Appreciate & love now, tomorrow's not guaranteed
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2010, 02:42:36 PM »
My LO is wearing white in his latest picture. Any ideas as to what that means, or does it mean absolutely nothing?
~The "Not Knowing" and/or "Uncertainty" is the hardest part of any situation~
~I still have dreams, many in fact. However, as time marches on they become more focused and realistic~

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2010, 04:14:07 PM »
My LO is wearing white in his latest picture. Any ideas as to what that means, or does it mean absolutely nothing?

jenplus, Dazzler answered the question of white uniform here, not sure if this applies:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php/topic,16317.msg151868.html#msg151868

Workers in BC can wear white too.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline jenplus2

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2010, 09:13:14 PM »
Thank you Forevermah, I did see that post but it doesn't apply to my LO (not in bootcamp or psych), so I was hoping maybe there was another explanation?
~I still have dreams, many in fact. However, as time marches on they become more focused and realistic~

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2010, 09:21:29 PM »
Sometimes hospital or kitchen workers can wear white.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline jenplus2

« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2010, 09:24:37 PM »
Ah maybe it has to do with his job, I apologize, I didn't think of that. With his job he actually has outside clearance, so maybe that has something to do with it... thanks for your replies.

Offline mmarthapena1

• U have 2 go thru da pain, 2 experience da pleasure
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2010, 03:10:10 PM »
Sorry if this has been answered before, but here goes. My l/o was just recently (2 weeks ago) transfered to Vandalia. His IDOC picture is still showing him in the yellow, which I know is usually for transfers. How long does it usually take for the IDOC website to update him with a new picture in his "blues"? Thanks in advance!

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2010, 04:08:25 PM »
Maybe not until his b'day.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2010, 04:36:55 PM »
It could be a year before the picture changes. IDOC has become really lax about updating the ID photos. M has been at his facility for about 9 months, and is still shown in yellow.

Offline mmarthapena1

• U have 2 go thru da pain, 2 experience da pleasure
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2010, 09:28:45 PM »
Thanks Dazz & Marks_guy!!! I spoke with him today and he did say about a year. He said they take our pics once a year, regardless of the color. Wow. Thank you for the replys.

Offline TeArSInThErAiN

« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2010, 02:22:51 PM »
what about green uniforms?

Offline Mrs.Habben

« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2010, 11:53:55 PM »
My Husband has been in R & C At Stateville since August 12th and his shirt is an Olive Green. He was told by a TASC guy that he was going to either TaylorVille Or East Moline. What does that color mean?
Less the 3 Yrs till my baby comes home to his family for good!!!

Offline TeArSInThErAiN

« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2010, 08:32:48 AM »
my lo is also in stateville receiving as of august thirteenth and has an olive green shirt...

Offline RT

« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2010, 10:22:38 AM »
Things must have changed since I worked there, green meant extreme escape risk. Yellow is a transfer color. Brown or tan is seg to seg. Blue collared shirts are the general issue, Stateville R&C does have blue jumpsuits, but they cannot be confused with the prison issue blues.

Rick
"Imprisonment has become the response of first resort to far too many of our social problems."
-- Angela Davis

Offline RT

« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2010, 10:23:26 AM »
my lo is also in stateville receiving as of august thirteenth and has an olive green shirt...

Is he awaiting Boot Camp?

Rick
"Imprisonment has become the response of first resort to far too many of our social problems."
-- Angela Davis

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2010, 11:34:10 AM »
Sounds like the IDOC got a better deal on some olive drab material instead of blue....LOL.  Maybe they're using green for R and C...they are still transporting in yellow.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline TeArSInThErAiN

« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2010, 12:00:14 PM »
lol dazzler! rt he's not waiting for bootcamp.

Offline RT

« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2010, 04:16:14 PM »
There goes the "getting him psyched for BC" theory...LOL. The only other idea I have is there was a sale at the Army Surplus. Maybe the girls at Dwight made a mistake and instead dyed the OD Green? Your guess is as good as mine. IDOC never lets anyone know their reasoning for doing things.Now what would really surprise me is if they actually told some of us just what the hell they are doing and why. But that would be to much like right.

Rick
-- Angela Davis

Offline rissa7997

« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2010, 08:49:21 PM »
My old man was transferred from Vandalia to Centralia and has the olive brown color in his picture. I know he's in seg now, maybe that has something to do with it?

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2010, 09:47:21 PM »
olive green and brown SEG uniforms are two different colors. 

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Mrs.Habben

« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2010, 11:25:50 PM »
Thanks RT and Dazzler. Yeah lol he is not an escape risk. I got a letter from him today and he said that he was outside and has been going outside and that he got sunburnt. So they are letting him out which makes me feel alittle better. Just waiting now to see when he goes to his Parent Facility. This is the best site. You guys help out so much. I recommended this site to some of my friends who are going through what I am. I am just happy he is not in Orange. not his bets color!!! LOL  :wc62:
Less the 3 Yrs till my baby comes home to his family for good!!!

Offline blah2u

« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2011, 09:53:51 AM »
my husband was just sent to stateville R&C on Thursday.  His picture shows him in a brown jumpsuit.  What does that mean?

Offline RT

« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2011, 10:27:12 AM »
Could be the only one they had. Usually R&C color is baby blue. Brown or tan is seg.

Rick
-- Angela Davis

Offline blah2u

« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2011, 10:30:35 AM »
how would i know if that's the only one they had or if he was in seg?  i haven't heard from him (and from what I'm reading on here, probably won't) until he transfers to his parent institution.

Offline TimeStandsStill

• Mod Squad
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2011, 12:09:32 PM »
I wouldn't worry too much about the color of the jumpsuit.   Even some of the parent institutions are low on their supply of the regular prison blues right now.  I hope you hear from him soon.  Try to be patient and try not to worry.  I know it's easier said than done but it will get better.

Offline Renee218

« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2012, 07:17:21 PM »
Mine tells me that they take pics around every six months.  An exception is if they change their appearance.  Like getting glasses, growing a mustache or beard etc. 

Offline Sed1971

« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2013, 02:26:57 PM »
Is there an updated answer to this question?  What does the color of the jumpsuit mean? Does yellow still mean transfer?   :wc14:

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2013, 02:41:44 PM »
Is there an updated answer to this question?  What does the color of the jumpsuit mean? Does yellow still mean transfer?   :wc14:

Yes, yellow is for transfers, and if the prison that they are transferred to, doesn't update their profile picture, it can seem like they stay in that color for awhile.

Offline Sed1971

« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2013, 03:27:33 PM »
His picture just turned yellow in the middle of today but there is no update on the prison location.  How soon do they transfer once the picture is yellow?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2013, 04:31:21 PM »
His picture just turned yellow in the middle of today but there is no update on the prison location.  How soon do they transfer once the picture is yellow?

Check the website after 10 or 11 tonight, they don't do updates till later in the evening.

Offline Sed1971

« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2013, 04:33:45 PM »
I know the website won't update until later but didn't know if it meant he was transferred today or tomorrow….Just wondering…Thanks

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2013, 04:40:52 PM »
I know the website won't update until later but didn't know if it meant he was transferred today or tomorrow….Just wondering…Thanks

They don't do transfers on Saturdays, check the website tonight to see if he went today.

Offline emb10285

« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2013, 05:46:03 PM »
Are you signed up with vine? My LO was transferred on a Thursday and I got the notification Friday night probably after he was processed and such. He has been at Shawnee for just over 2 months now he is still in yellow in his picture it hasn't been updated.

Offline Joy4archie

• Eternity awaits! <3
  • Can't wait for Spring!
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2013, 10:38:08 AM »
I have a question. My l/o was finally sent to Graham receiving yesterday. They have his picture up now, and he's wearing blue. Does that mean that Graham will be his parent prison? Because he served his last sentence there.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2013, 10:50:17 AM »
I have a question. My l/o was finally sent to Graham receiving yesterday. They have his picture up now, and he's wearing blue. Does that mean that Graham will be his parent prison? Because he served his last sentence there.

Does it say Graham R&C?

Offline Joy4archie

• Eternity awaits! <3
  • Can't wait for Spring!
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2013, 11:14:55 AM »
It says Parent Institution Graham Correctional Center. Status: Reception. Location: R&C.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2013, 01:53:07 PM »
It says Parent Institution Graham Correctional Center. Status: Reception. Location: R&C.

He is in reception, so he could stay there or he could be moved, all depends on what they decide .. is he in on a parole violation? If so, he has to wait to see the PRB.

Offline Joy4archie

• Eternity awaits! <3
  • Can't wait for Spring!
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2013, 02:23:43 PM »
No he's not on a parole violation. Thanks! I will just have to wait and see. The last time he was in receiving for 37 days. Hopefully he won't be in there that long. I can't wait for our first visit.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2013, 04:52:49 PM »
No he's not on a parole violation. Thanks! I will just have to wait and see. The last time he was in receiving for 37 days. Hopefully he won't be in there that long. I can't wait for our first visit.

Yes, he could be there for awhile or they could move him quickly, all depends on when a bed opens up at the prison they want to send him too.

You can start writing him now though, he'll get your letters.  As far as calling it all depends, how long ago he was in, they have changed phone companies in the last year or so, he may need to get a new pin# with the new company Securus.

Offline Joy4archie

• Eternity awaits! <3
  • Can't wait for Spring!
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2013, 05:55:30 PM »
He had a pin number through securus at the county jail. Would he have to get a new one? I signed up for an account with them and jpay. I sent him a letter out today.

Offline Joy4archie

• Eternity awaits! <3
  • Can't wait for Spring!
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2014, 09:34:00 PM »
Well I just checked the idoc website and they have my l/o's photo updated and he's wearing his blue uniform. That's the first updated pic since the yellow transfer uniform pic when he got there back in January. Is there a reason they are just now updating it? Of course he did shave his head, so maybe that's why. Since his appearance changed. Just curious!

Offline zachsmom

• Support Staff
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2014, 04:49:38 AM »
Well I just checked the idoc website and they have my l/o's photo updated and he's wearing his blue uniform. That's the first updated pic since the yellow transfer uniform pic when he got there back in January. Is there a reason they are just now updating it? Of course he did shave his head, so maybe that's why. Since his appearance changed. Just curious!
          When their appearance changes, they do take a new photo of them, and update it.

Offline Joy4archie

• Eternity awaits! <3
  • Can't wait for Spring!
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2014, 09:34:33 AM »
Ok thanks! That's what I thought!

Offline Khamp

« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2014, 07:38:49 PM »
My loved one is in r&c. Has been since June 12th. He has been in blue since the first day. What does that mean? :wc14:

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2014, 08:53:20 PM »
My loved one is in r&c. Has been since June 12th. He has been in blue since the first day. What does that mean? :wc14:

A blue uniform is a normal uniform color.  If he was in yellow it means transportation, brown USED to mean someone was in SEG, but now at certain prisons inmates are in brown jumpsuits all the time.

Offline Khamp

« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2014, 09:29:38 PM »
Thank you so much. This is a wonderful site. It helps to talk to others that know what you are going through.

Offline chantygirl

« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2014, 10:38:28 PM »
If someone gets sent to SEG, do they take a new picture with a brown (or whatever color) shirt/jumpsuit?  Just curious.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2014, 06:26:45 AM »
If someone gets sent to SEG, do they take a new picture with a brown (or whatever color) shirt/jumpsuit?  Just curious.

They used to, but I don't think they do that anymore.  It was always, when they went to SEG, they had a new photo in a brown jumpsuit.  Brown was for SEG inmates only.

Offline New person1

« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2015, 06:31:48 PM »
Wondering what it means when someone's picture changes to yellow clothing insteadof the blues? Nephews picture on Idoc website last night was blue clothes now it's a new picture with yellow clothing

Offline Gizgirl2

• Support Staff
« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2015, 06:56:28 PM »
Yellow normally means transfer.

Offline L84me2

« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2015, 06:11:50 AM »
 :merrycsanta:  So if I understand correctly, since my brother is in reception in Statesville and can't make phone calls or have visits,  The first indication he's been moved will be his uniform color will change from the black and white stripes to the color of his parent prison? 

Offline Gizgirl2

• Support Staff
« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2015, 06:27:41 AM »
:merrycsanta:  So if I understand correctly, since my brother is in reception in Statesville and can't make phone calls or have visits,  The first indication he's been moved will be his uniform color will change from the black and white stripes to the color of his parent prison? 

What do you mean color of parent prison? Are you talking about the blue shirt? Have you signed up for VINE? They will notify you when he has arrived at his parent prison. Or if you check IDOC after 10pm it will update his location,if he was moved.

Offline lilmspink

« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2016, 10:02:35 PM »
Hi, my first post. My lo was wearing a dark blue uniform in Statesville RNC, he's been there since 12/22....I just checked his profile and the picture has changed. Light blue uniform and his hair grew a little and he's kind of smiling. lol I hope this means hes finally transferring. I haven't seen much response on here for lately. I'm signed up for vine and haven't heard anything. Just wondering if anyone would have insight on RNC recently? TIA I'm going crazy, I miss him so much and any news would keep me going.