• December 10, 2018, 06:58:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Uniform Colors and What they Mean  (Read 68998 times)

Offline Mazzy

Uniform Colors and What they Mean
« on: May 14, 2009, 03:02:01 PM »
Please can someone tell me what the change in uniform means, his pic had him in yellow and now it is blue. Does this mean he is moving or has moved. OMG im shaking

Mazzy

Offline codyandbecca

Re: Uniform Colors and What they Mean
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 03:04:41 PM »
 A yellow jumpsuit means transfers and writs and blue is the general color for their parent institiution. My husband wears all blue clothes.

Offline 2Close2TheGrnd

• A rich child often sits on a poor mother's lap
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 03:07:45 PM »
A yellow jumpsuit means transfers and writs and blue is the general color for their parent institiution. My husband wears all blue clothes.

so does this mean he's been moved to his parent home? Assuming he was in R&C of course???

Offline Mazzy

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 03:10:54 PM »
I so hate not having chat. I watch that pic all the time and today now finally it is diffrent. He has been in R&C 14 days today and I just want him moved and I know it seems crazy but seeing it changed just made me batty all over again!!!!!

Offline 2Close2TheGrnd

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 03:14:59 PM »
I so hate not having chat. I watch that pic all the time and today now finally it is diffrent. He has been in R&C 14 days today and I just want him moved and I know it seems crazy but seeing it changed just made me batty all over again!!!!!

I know how you feel... I hate not having chat too... It was so nice to be able to go in there and admin be there to answer so many critical questions for us... Look under his picture. That tells us where he is housed... See if it still says SV Reception or another facility?

Offline 2Close2TheGrnd

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 03:23:37 PM »

Cody... above where you say "transfers and writs and blue" do you mean "white and blue"? B/c my son has had white on since the day he hit SV R&C... Does that mean if he's in white, (assuming you ment white) that he stays at SV for his full 61 days????

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
  • Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 03:24:17 PM »
Yes, as soon as he's moved he gets his regular 'blues' to wear and have his first picture taken in them....I guess his IDOC page should update sometime tonite after 9 p.m. and you'll know where he's been sent....unless you hear from VINE soon...

Hmm, white uniforms were usually worn by mental patients. 
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Mazzy

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 03:33:35 PM »
TY everyone just got notice he is been moved to Vandalia  :wc23:

Offline Treazur729

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 03:40:42 PM »
Vandalia isn't bad at all it a level 6 which is good. My bf is in vandalia and the visits are great. They are in dorms instead of cells.

Offline 2Close2TheGrnd

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 03:46:49 PM »
TY everyone just got notice he is been moved to Vandalia  :wc23:

Awww... don't be sad.... Is this a far distance for you to travel...?? I am hoping my son gets transferred to East Moline, it is the closest to me and it would at least give me the oportunity to go visit him. ...((((((HUGS))))))))

Offline IMissMyBaby

• I Wont Be Complete Until He Is Back In My Arms!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 03:59:45 PM »
I understand about far distance. My bf is a little over 5 hours away (one way). It sucks, but talking on the phone with him makes me feel a little better.

Offline ernie694

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 04:19:17 PM »
Hate to bust anyones bubble about the whole yellow thing.  My hubby has been at his parent facility for over a month and a new pic did get taken when he arrived there but he was still in his yellow jumpbsuit.  My guess would be hey took the pic at his parent facility before he changed into the new clothes down there. His ID he wears has a pic of him in blues but that pic has not been posted on IDOC.  So if you are looking at just the color they are wearing as an indicator of a possible recent move i think you may be setting yourself up for a down fall.  We are thinking that until the yearly update pic is taken or a (God willing) transfer takes place before then that is what he will be wearing on IDOC site.   I think this is just anything great case for the "there is no norm for IDOC". 

Offline dbaby_1982

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 04:26:14 PM »
I agree, Vandalia isn't that bad. My guy is there now after being in Lawrence, and that place was hell on lockdown all the time compared to this. I love(and hate due to the bill) that he gets pretty much free use of the phone. We can talk as often as we want and for me, that makes it alot easier. He hates being around all the guys 24/7 in the dorm setting, but you have to take the bad with the good. On the picture note, the website still shows him in yellow the one that was taken upon his arrival to Vandalia last May. His year is coming up, so anxious to see if they take a new one next week when the year is up.

Offline codyandbecca

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 04:46:40 PM »
my husbands jumpsuit in his parent facility is also yellow. that was his first pic ever taken. he wears strictly blues now. he said he can take a new pic for $5 so i told him he does look different it may be time for that lol.

Offline Mazzy

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 05:11:35 PM »
It is a ways for me 3 hours 47 min but I will do my best to find rides. I also can get calls now and get to visit hopefully soon. TY guys I have taken a deep breath and I think I will be ok now.

Mazzy

Offline 2Close2TheGrnd

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2009, 05:21:35 PM »
It is a ways for me 3 hours 47 min but I will do my best to find rides. I also can get calls now and get to visit hopefully soon. TY guys I have taken a deep breath and I think I will be ok now.

Mazzy

Well... you're closer then I would be... Vandalia is 250 miles from me which translates into at the very least a 5 hour drive one way. And that would be very stressful for me at my age...  :wc17: ... So I am really praying for East Moline, which is only 150 miles from me... still not a stones throw, but better then the alternative.

Offline Treazur729

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2009, 05:36:18 PM »
I live in chicago and vandalia is about 41/2 hrs from me. I can't wait to go see him next week oh I'm so excited.

Offline 2Close2TheGrnd

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2009, 05:39:17 PM »
I live in chicago and vandalia is about 41/2 hrs from me. I can't wait to go see him next week oh I'm so excited.

I live in a SW suburb of Chicago and when I googled my address to Vandalia's CC, it was 249 miles door to door.

Offline IMissMyBaby

• I Wont Be Complete Until He Is Back In My Arms!!!
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2009, 10:27:42 PM »
Yeah, it seems like our LO's get sent far from where they live. It's like the IDOC can't give us a break. I mean gosh they are already in prison can't they be within a reasonable driving distance from where their family is? It's like a total (round trip) 10-11 hour drive for me, that is just crazy. Ah. I can't wait to see my bf though it's been 9 months since I have hugged him.

Offline Bobsgirl17

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2009, 08:24:21 AM »
I have a 3 hour drive to see my man in Taylorville.  I have a question about the transfers...isn't it true that they cannot request a transfer until they have been at their parent house for a year?  Then after the year they can request every 6 months?  That's what he was told by his counselor and I was told by IDOC.  :wc13: