Illinois Prison Talk
News:
Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK,  www.illinoisprisontalk.org -  A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections.  IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions.   This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2014.  All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 22, 2014, 12:28:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I obtain a copy of sentencing papers- MITTIMUS?  (Read 8803 times)
sosad00

« on: May 07, 2009, 05:26:54 AM »

Can anyone tell me how to obtain a copy of the sentencing papers from my LO case.  He was sentenced in DuPage County.  Is there somewhere I can go to request them?
Scout

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 05:59:00 AM »

You will need to go or call the DuPage circuit clerk's office.  If it's recent you can just go and give them the dates and case number and you should be able to get copies on the spot (keep in mind, this will cost you....typically so much for the first page and so much for each page thereafter).  If it's an older case and they have to retrieve it from microfiche, it's probably better to call.

Here's a link to the information:

http://www.dupageco.org/courtclerk/generic.cfm?doc_id=325

Together, we CAN make a difference

It's difficult to have a battle of wits with unarmed individuals.
sosad00

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 07:57:49 AM »

Scout thank you for the fast reponse!  I don't know what I would do without you guys!   wc38
RT

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 11:25:54 AM »

sosad,
One way to get them for free is to have your LO write a request to the records office of his institution and have him ask for a copy of his Mittimus. They will give him the first set of copies free of charge. Then he can send them to you. Just an idea.

RT

"Imprisonment has become the response of first resort to far too many of our social problems."
-- Angela Davis
rkallage

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 07:55:36 PM »

Does anyone know if you have to be a family member to get copies of the sentencing papers? My GF's family is a total train wreck and I'm handling all of her affairs while she's in Dwight. She's convinced that IDOC screwed up in going from sentencing papers to MITTIMUS. For all I know, they're the same thing. It's only a 30 day difference but it determines whether the baby is born in a real hospital with a real doctor or born the IDOC way, heaven help us.Thanks for any help.
codyandbecca

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 08:41:33 PM »

rkallage I would have to say that it does not matter who gets the copies of the paperwork as long as you go to the circuit clerks office in that county. You will have to pay so much per page but should not be more than a couple of dollars. I wish you both the best of luck on the baby situation.
TimeStandsStill
Mod Squad

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 01:42:46 PM »

I went to the Circuit Court of Cook County and got a copy of sentencing papers today.  Does anyone know what this means:  "IT IS FURTHER ORDERED THAT MSNOLLE ALL OTHER COUNTS"? I tried googling MSNOLLE...no luck. 
jb78

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 02:00:45 PM »

"MSNOLLE" translates to "Motion State Nolle."  In other words, the judge granted the State's motion to nolle-prosequi (not prosecute) the remaining counts on which sentence was not entered.
TimeStandsStill
Mod Squad

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 02:48:12 PM »

Thank you!
Crowe29

I Will Love You Till They Take My Heart

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 02:13:58 PM »

Mine was arrested and did time in Cook County...now he's at IL R...how do I get his sentencing papers??? Links please, thanx!

Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 02:14:45 PM »

Mine was arrested and did time in Cook County...now he's at IL R...how do I get his sentencing papers??? Links please, thanx!

Just do a search on the front page of this website for the term * MITTIMUS* and you'll get your answer.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
RT

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2011, 06:31:38 PM »

To get the sentencing papers, the inmate sends a request to the Institutional Records office and asks for a mittimus...they provide 1 copy free of charge.

Rick

"Imprisonment has become the response of first resort to far too many of our social problems."
-- Angela Davis
Mcaballero

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2011, 09:05:28 AM »

Hello, I need to get a copy of my husbands mittimus papers for the prison hes in now. I heard it was possible to have then fax it to his prison from the county he originally got sentanced in. Does anyone know a number i could call for cook county where i could talk to them about this. Insted of going there?!

-Meli XOXO
bmonska

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2011, 09:08:39 AM »

http://www.cookcountyclerkofcourt.org/?section=RecArchivePage&RecArchivePage=6020
Mcaballero

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2011, 09:17:14 AM »

So there is no way I can just call and have them fax a copy to the prison hes in now?!

-Meli XOXO
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2011, 09:32:47 AM »

So there is no way I can just call and have them fax a copy to the prison hes in now?!

He can ask them himself, go back and read RT's post above.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
Mcaballero

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2011, 11:09:36 AM »

To get the sentencing papers, the inmate sends a request to the Institutional Records office and asks for a mittimus...they provide 1 copy free of charge.

Rick

How does he send the request..Can he go to an office in the prison and get the request papers to send?!

-Meli XOXO
TimeStandsStill
Mod Squad

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2011, 12:08:02 PM »

I'm not trying to come across as rude so please don't take it that way, but have you tried putting MITTIMUS in the search box?  There are so many threads about this already.....it's really not as complicated as you are making it out to be.....
Crowe29

I Will Love You Till They Take My Heart

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2011, 12:35:42 PM »

Rick

How does he send the request..Can he go to an office in the prison and get the request papers to send?!

I'm not trying to come across as rude so please don't take it that way, but have you tried putting MITTIMUS in the search box?  There are so many threads about this already.....it's really not as complicated as you are making it out to be.....

I'm not trying to be rude or sassy either...but if it means that much to him, he can always ask his counselor or go to the law library and they can point him in the right direction.

Mcaballero

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2011, 12:53:23 PM »

Rick

I'm not trying to come across as rude so please don't take it that way, but have you tried putting MITTIMUS in the search box?  There are so many threads about this already.....it's really not as complicated as you are making it out to be.....

I'm not trying to be rude or sassy either...but if it means that much to him, he can always ask his counselor or go to the law library and they can point him in the right direction.
His bitch ass counselor told him to tell me to do it...God forbid anyone working for the IDOC gets off their ass and actually do their job!

-Meli XOXO
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: