Illinois Prison Talk
News: wc75-1  ILLINOIS PRISON LOCKDOWN STATUS:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 30, 2014, 11:41:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Help with filling out money order?  (Read 4327 times)
luvmyvietman

true love waits

« on: March 29, 2009, 10:36:18 PM »

OK, I really do not want to screw this up for my hubby so can someone walk me through it? I got a money order from walmart (moneygram) and I want to make sure I get the correct info in the right spot. On post said to include his parent prisons address, but I do not have a line for the payee address, I cant squeeze all onto that tiny line. Can I just put his name, id and vienna on the line? Thanks in advance!!
Ashley
jlnjy

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 11:03:53 PM »

I'm honestly trying to remember what I wrote when I got a moneygram from walmart because I usually get them from the post office and they are more detailed at the post office.

It's extremely important that his number is next to his name, I do know that. However if you're mailing it to him, I don't know why it would be important to include his address if there isn't a line for it. Someone may come along and correct me on that one. I do know that all of the information must be on a money gram if you're wiring the money as opposed to the money order that you mail.

Hopefully someone with more experience with moneygram will post.
Favored23

Thank you Lord!

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 11:54:47 PM »

On all money orders you must write it payable to your inmate with his id number on it.  Then you have to write your complete name and full address including city and zip code if not they will return it. 

Be blessed! 

Psalm 146:7 (NIV)

7 He upholds the cause of the oppressed
       and gives food to the hungry.
       The LORD sets prisoners free!!
jlnjy

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 12:09:43 AM »

Favored...this might be a little off topic but what if someone sends the money "anonymously" without a return address etc....what do you think would happen to that money order?
Favored23

Thank you Lord!

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 09:30:51 AM »

That's a good question jlnjy.  I am not sure what will happen to the money order, but they are suppose to be completely filled out. I hate to think that that money order will not go to the inmate that it was sent to because it was not properly filled out.  Maybe you can call the institution and ask them what they would do if they send an anonymous money order.

Okay, I took it another step and called Dixon, the lady was not there that handles money orders, but the other lady said DON'T DO IT, the inmate will not get the money put on his acct!.

His Lovely Angel

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 10:46:51 AM »

I've never wrote my address on a money order and its has never been returned to me . I just write his name and Id where it says pay to and I put my full name where it says remitter. I have had a money order sent back for being too much . I forgot  about the stupid rule and bought a 70 dollar money order by mistake . Stupid Me
Favored23

Thank you Lord!

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 10:54:45 AM »

At the institution that we are in you have to write your name and complete address, including city and zip code.  I verified it this morning by calling them.  Maybe where your husband is HLA you don't have to do that, but we do. 

Her question was if she sends and anonymous money order which I think means no remittance name at all. 

jlnjy

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 11:51:22 PM »

I asked my guy that about the anonymous and he thought it may be more likely to go through if it were wired - I'm not sure, I haven't ever wired him money. I was saying it to him in case I won the lottery and he didn't hear from me but lots of money showed up on his account anonymously he'd know where it came from. He said "oh, you'd just up and leave me?" I said I sure would in search for the one person that can walk in that prison and walk you right out of there - I would be on a mission.

But seriously, I think you have a point Favored, it may be specific to the institution. I have used a money order from walmart and even my local gas station a few times and those money orders are not as detailed as the ones from USPS but I can't remember how I addressed it. I'm quite certain there was enough room for my full information but I honestly can't remember as far as his information, I know I would have had to put his name and id on there, I just can't remember if I put his full address on the money order or not ...the simpler money order, not the USPS one.
Pages: 1   Go Up
Print
Jump to: