• January 21, 2019, 06:21:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: HOT WATER  (Read 3120 times)

Offline maddie

HOT WATER
« on: December 03, 2008, 12:35:30 AM »
The Holidays are here!
The weather outsude is frightful
the fire is so delightful,
and so on and so on...
The women at Dwight , in units C9, 10 and 17 have no hot water.
The guards, in this cold are having the inmates walk 2 to 3 blocks to take a showere and then return to units, wet and soggy.
Wonder how Health care will deal with all the cases of colds and fluS???
Any suggestions?
Please call Dwight and your legislative members.
No one, not even a dog has to go outside in this weather to take a shower.

Offline lvanrs2

• Lvanrs2
  • Support Staff
Re: HOT WATER
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 06:21:59 AM »
Dwight has had issues with hot water it seems for a long time. I can remember years ago when I was in the X house we  had hot water issues too sometimes.  However they did resolve the problem.  How long has it been that way?  I am not necessarily siding with Dwight in this issue but if it just broke, they do need the chance to get it fixed in a timely manner.  If someones hot water heater went out at home it may not be possible to get it fixed that same day.  Because it is a government entity who knows what the process is to bid out the work to get it fixed if the maintenance people cant fix it, But I would say it should be fixed within a week.  Keep us posted to see how long it takes to complete the work.
There is no action better at creating insanity in a person than trying to control something you have no control over.

Only do whatever you are willing to pay the consequences for.