Illinois Prison Talk
News: wc75-1  ILLINOIS PRISON LOCKDOWN STATUS:

SHAWNEE ON LOCKDOWN. CALL BEFORE VISITING.
DIXON ON LOCKDOWN. CALL BEFORE VISITING.
ILLINOIS RIVER ON LOCKDOWN. CALL BEFORE VISITING.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2014, 05:46:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lincoln Correctional Center For Women  (Read 14573 times)
cjackson

« on: November 15, 2008, 12:36:33 AM »

I am looking at serving time in, more than likely in Lincoln for Reckless Homicide.  I am inquiring about the programs that are offered to the inmates at this facility.   Any information on this facility would be greatly appreciated.
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 06:56:14 AM »

Welcome to IPT cjackson, sorry to hear about you having to go into the IDOC.  The first link is for our profile page on Lincoln:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php/topic,5637.0.html

This second link is our profile page for Dwight, which you will first go to for  R&C (Reception and Classification) and it's there where it will be determined where they will move you or if:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php/topic,5601.0.html

Again, welcome to IPT.  

Mah

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
Gracielady

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 09:39:10 PM »

Hey CJackson,

I too am sorry to hear you may be heading to IDOC....I am recently released from KMSU (Kankakee)...But, as we all do, started at Dwight.  The state will decide where you go based on your security level.  I only know what I have heard about Lincoln..mostly positive..but then again, it is hearsay...but, if it was all that bad, I am sure I would have heard the exaggerated version of how bad it is...Best of luck to you...and welcome to IPT...this sight will give you and your loved ones alot of support you all will need.

"Every time you suppress some part of yourself or allow others to play you small, you are in essence ignoring the owner's manual your creator gave you and destroying your design"
cjackson

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 09:42:02 PM »

Thanks so much... I am already finding myself on this website constantly.  How long were you at Dwight for receiving?
Gracielady

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 10:29:49 PM »

I got lucky...I was only there 3 weeks, then I was sent to Kankakee....I only served 6 months total...again, I was lucky...I Believe that both Decatur and Lincoln are "kid friendly"...especially at Decatur....I wish you the best, if there are any questions you have that I can answer, please feel free to ask....It will be alot easier knowing what to expect...Hang in there

"Every time you suppress some part of yourself or allow others to play you small, you are in essence ignoring the owner's manual your creator gave you and destroying your design"
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: