Illinois Prison Talk
News: wc75-1  ILLINOIS PRISON LOCKDOWN STATUS:

SHAWNEE ON LEVEL ONE LOCKDOWN. NO VISITS ALLOWED.
STATEVILLE ON LOCKDOWN. CALL BEFORE VISITING.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 19, 2014, 07:07:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Joliet/Collins Street Photos - Prison Break  (Read 32357 times)
Forevermah
Administrator

« on: April 30, 2006, 10:53:04 AM »

Upper left photo: Close-up of Fox River Peneteniary Sign (used for Prison Break Filming)
Upper right photo:  Same sign on gatehouse to the Main Prison.  This is where visitors check in before entering the 'castle'.
Lower left photo:  Main prison entrance under canopy.  Visitors must cross the yard from the gatehouse in front of this building.
Lower right photo:  Eerie shot of old weathered stone wall with guard tower.

© 2006                                                   © 2006                                                 © 2006

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 10:57:12 AM »

Upper left photo:  Guard tower at rear of Yard.  Motion-activated lighting was added for the filming of "Prison Break"  (Don't tell Scout...she thought she'd been captured.)
Upper right photo: A Cellblock behind the wall.
Lower left photo: View between Gatehouse and Main Prison entrance.  Ramp was added to aid the handicapped.
Lower right photo: View of Main prison building looking through razor-wire.

© 2006                                                           © 2006                                                   © 2006

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 10:58:01 AM »

Upper left photo:  Forward view of Main prison building with cellblock to the right.
Upper right photo: Left side cellblock of same building.
Lower left and right photos:  Views of the left side of Main building cellblocks.

© 2006                                             © 2006                                                              © 2006

Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 10:58:25 AM »

Upper photo: Close-up view of original cellblock.
Lower photos:  Two views of Women's Prison, opened in 1858.  66 Women were moved from the attic of the Warden's house at the Men's Prison across the street to this new prison.  The Women's Prison was closed in 1932 and inmates were transported to the new state women's prison at Dwight, Illinois.

This building is currently in use by the Department of Human Services.

© 2006                                               © 2006                                                       © 2006

MissAndrea

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 10:47:42 PM »

I know this thread is years old, but I just had to comment. I never paid any attention to that show and don't remember it ever airing and never watched one single second while it was on.

It wasn't until Nov. of last year that I began to watch the show on Hulu Plus and was instantly hooked. Each episode was full of suspense and I was on the edge of my seat through it all. I watched the entire series in a month! And while watching, I quickly developed a crush on Wentworth Miller (Michael Scofield). He is now the wallpaper on my phone. And even though I hate how the series ended, it's one of the best shows I've ever seen.

~damnant quod non intellegunt~ They condemn what they do not understand.
jaf

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 10:41:16 AM »

I loved that show. . . but can't remember how it ended . . . just remember being disappointed.    Maybe you could give me a short version in a private message, so we won't ruin it for others who haven't seen it?
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: