• October 20, 2018, 06:14:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Carbondale Reentry Housing  (Read 6331 times)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Carbondale Reentry Housing
« on: June 05, 2008, 09:33:04 AM »
Good Samaritan House
Carbondale IL
 618 457  5794

Does not take sex offenders
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline FW

Re: Carbondale Reentry Housing
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 12:02:13 PM »
My inmate hasn't left the prison system yet.  He will be going up North to his mom's when he's out, but..... I have a friend who had an inmate come back and to the Carbondale area.  He's in need of some follow up counseling and is needing to attend an AA/NA meeting somewhere in the area.  Do you know where he can find a list of services that are available that he might be able to tap into?????

Offline dbaby_1982

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 12:28:13 PM »
I'm not sure what is available in Carbondale specifically, but I know in Marion you can contact FWHS(Franklin Williamson Human Services) located in the Garavalia Building(1307 W. Main St, Marion, IL 62959 618.997.5336). I had an ex who did all of his follow up treatment through there. They might be able to point you in the right direction for something in Carbondale also. Hope that helps. 

Offline FW

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 12:36:43 PM »
Thanks.... that gives me a starting point for them.  I'll pass the information along. 

:wc38:

Offline Jane

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 11:23:34 PM »
My son has been living in Carbondale for some time and so I know of the Good Samaritan shelter, the fellowship House in Anna, and there is AA and NA meetings right smack in the middle of town on Main Street.

Offline jbrantley611

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 07:02:49 PM »
The Fellowship House is a detox/ rehab facility. As fas I know the have no type of halfway house or re-entry program. It is a great place though. I was there for the 30 day program. Here is their number just to check! (618) 833-4456

Offline jbrantley611

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 08:48:57 PM »
Hello, SIRSS- Southern Illinois Regional Social Services is the place to take care of it all in Carbondale. (618) 457-4357