• December 10, 2018, 06:43:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Hardcover Books ???  (Read 36308 times)

Offline EmKat

Re: Hardcover Books ???
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2015, 09:03:29 AM »
I called Hill. Inmates can receive hardcover books by mail only if they are purchased through and sent directly from a retailer, i.e. amazon, B&N, Wal-Mart, etc. Hardcover books from home can be brought to the facility on a visit but any sleeves must be removed.
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. -- Psalm 34:18

Offline zachsmom

• Support Staff
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2016, 12:33:51 PM »
Called pickneyville. Hardcovers are allowed but they have 2 stops. First the mail room then I think , IA to be inspected.

Offline StayinTrue2Him

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2017, 08:21:45 AM »
 :wc72: I just happened to see this topic on here right now...So I thought I would add info about Stateville: They no longer allow hardcover books. This began in mid 2015 as I had been allowed to bring him hardcovers up until then. He's been transferred to Menard now....Hoping they do allow them.
"You are the missing piece I've been waiting all my life for.."

Offline lois59

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2017, 10:36:50 AM »
Yes Menard allows hardcover books write name and idoc number inside cover