• April 21, 2018, 05:51:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Transportation Company COMPLAINTS - WARNINGS to READERS  (Read 22277 times)

Offline WAID

• What Am I Doing?
  • That's me, I'm a TOIL GIRL!!
Re: Transportation Company Complaints - Warnings to Readers
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2007, 06:47:04 PM »
Thanks for the story, we have met twice in person, exchanged several emails & calls to make sure we're kinda on the same proffesional non- ghetto sanity level. No offense there lol She said she'd go with me alone 1st to make sure I'm not a looney before she brought her daughter & I advised her occasionally I may have his family with me, if she chooses to still ride thats her decision to consider. Only inconvenience is hers, cause she has to get dropped off/ picked up at my house(on the way) & I smoke(she doesn't), which I promised to not smoke her out. lol
It's my vehicle, so I know it's gone thru searches & we've both been admitted to visit before, but I'll be sure to remind her of the rules before we go & recommend others do the same.
No contraband, half gas expense upfront - not my fault if she doesn't get a visit, if she can't get in, I'll drop her off at hotel(we're staying overnight & doing a double), if I can't get in, I'll be back to pick her up in 4 hours or so, all other expenses(hotel & meals on our own). We both already know I have a weak bladder & she says she's already got nervous butterflies coming out her ass, so pitstops will be a plenty when nature calls! lol Then her nightmares of me going off without her, yes, I'm goin with or without you, but will try to call / wait a while before this bus takes off.
Sit back, enjoy the ride & come again!
Your friendly prison widow wagon driver,
WAID :)
Diamonds ARE a girls best friend.

Offline Amarie

• Kindness in words creates confidence
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2007, 11:27:49 PM »
Waid,

I just got back from a visit with my Guy. I am not sure if I told you my Cousin is in the same place so his Mother, his girlfriend, his baby and my regular rider went. All went well we left at the time I desinated since I was driving and we had no problems. See this is how things should go when you have a common goal and that is visiting your loved one.

"Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what is still possible for you to do."

Offline Two brothers

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2007, 08:43:12 AM »
To all you out there who is tired of bad service for your money.  My name is Clarence and I am the owner and operaratoe of Two Brothers Shuttle Service.  I do on time runs, fair rates and offer group rates etc.. So if you want to know more Give me a call at 630 750 2114.  I just might be going your way today.

Offline meme12

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2007, 01:47:03 PM »
are u guys serious about that transportation because i am going tomorror and  i hope its noy like that let me know

Offline Amarie

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2007, 08:38:36 PM »
Meme,

What Prison are you going too? Are you taking the bus?
"Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what is still possible for you to do."

Offline meme12

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2007, 10:52:44 AM »
 hulahoop well really i am going to westerns work camp so what do u take what service

Offline Amarie

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2007, 02:03:22 PM »
Ok, the camp is right down the street from Western. I don't take the service. I drive myself. When are you going?

Offline meme12

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2007, 12:25:47 PM »
 ..) well i am trying to go sometime after christmas

Offline BeautifulDancer

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2007, 09:34:41 PM »
Im just reading over the responses and i too had a horrible horrible illegal experience with the company Kand C. first of all its a money rip off. I used her broke down services in august of this year and it was so horrifying. first of all when we met them at the meeting place they couldnt figure out what vehicle we were gonna drive in they kept moving us from van to van. we left late and one of the owners kim always makes it seem like shes the driver or riding with us when all she really does is show up collect your money and leave and you can never get in touch with her again which is what happened. we got there fine the visit was fine it wasnt cut short or anything but when it was time to leave the driver which is her so called husband was late. okay thats understandable its just that when i was trying to reach out to kim she kept telling me he will be there shortly. not really telling me how far away. mind you its getting dark out there and theres nothing but the prison and some tall corn fields. well we just kept calling and calling its getting darker and darker and guess what she doesnt answer anymore. now the guards are lookn at us crazy because as you know they dont care about us. well to end this story scared and not knowing what to do i had to start asking people who were leaving in their cars if they were going to chicago. of course everybody wasnt but one lady and her daughters i guess were kind enough to let us get in their car and drove us to chicago. i thank god for that family whoever they are because i dont know what would have happend if it wasnt for them. anyways i caught up with the driver that nite and got my bag out his van and i also met kim up there that next saturday just trying to tell her how wrong she was and that i deserve my money back. well she got ignorant and un business like and tried to deny and justify her actions but i just told her she was wrong and i didnt get ugly and i left. i just cant believe she had the nerve to tell me i had no business trying to call her all those times when we was waiting onthe driver. when you that many miles away from home and theres nothing around but a prison and corn fields what was i supposed to do when she is the one that took me out there. well she told me she felt like she didnt need to keep answering her phone and guess what i feel like she will never get my business again.

Offline BeautifulDancer

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2007, 09:41:28 PM »
i forgot to add that wasnt even the only horrible experience. i rode with them maybe two years ago and they had us with a driver that didnt know his way there or back. he had to follow this guy in front of us who was riding some people that not only left him on the way back so our driver got lost but he also almost picked a fight with these white people in this restuarant down there, now i dont really think thats the place to be getting into with some white people. so im just saying dont ride with kandc. if its not kim messing up its one of her bootleg drivers. and get this the van we was in with the driver that didnt know where he was going........................had a cracked windshield. how tasteful is that.

Offline somuchluv*

« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2007, 12:11:54 AM »
WOW! This K&C van sservice may just try to change their names! That's so messed up to do people who may already strapped for cash like that.
TTH = bringing the positive out of every situation!

Offline Two brothers

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2007, 10:04:28 AM »
If you want a good service I recommend Family Times at 1 773 876 8380.  I from Two Brothers Shuttle Service and I will no longer be doing transportation.  I would'nt recommend my worse enemy to ride with K & C I really don't know how their still in bussiness.  Them and some of these other companies that have'nt been named yet.  They are making it hard for the good services thats out here to stay in bussiness.  I wish I had the time needed to stay in service, but I don't so I tell all my former and future clients to call Mr. P at family Times.  Trust me they are one of Good Guys.

Offline Amarie

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2007, 11:26:58 AM »
K and C does not have a valid business license and do not have the passenger insurance that is needed to run this type of business. I wouldn't ride with them. I have been going since February and I have seen and heard some scary things. Report them to the better business bureau. They stay in business because we need to get to the Prisons and most people don't kow about the other services.

Offline Amarie

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2007, 11:31:54 AM »
Meme,

I just got back from a visit this weekend. Let me know exactly when you are trying to go and maybe we can carpool. PM me.

Offline meme12

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2007, 05:53:09 PM »
 ..) yeah i am trying to go on the 29 if thats ok let me no

Offline mikia03

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2007, 06:19:26 PM »
 tramp12

Offline mikia03

Trying to Get to Western IL
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2007, 06:30:59 PM »
My guy is at Western IL. I am looking for recommendations of good transportation companies. I rode with K&C in July and it was horrible and over priced. I got picked up at Malcolm X and then we went to 87th n got in a different van. The first van didn't have no working seat belts. I felt totally unsafe and I had my son with me. I am on the west side of the city.I'm looking to go at least once a month and the after Christmas before new years.

Offline meme12

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2007, 11:00:45 AM »
 brv hi how are u i am meme and i just wanted to tell u that the best safe and reliable transportayioh is family time there is not no other service that i would recommend u to take so fell free to give them a call 773 876-8380 they will give u the satis faction u need they also go to western and ./.// many other prisons so feel free to give them a call and let them no about any questions u may have they will answer them

Offline Amarie

« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2007, 05:55:45 PM »
Meme,

I wont' be going back to Western until around the end of January or when my Brother gets out of the hospital. Keep me updated maybe we can carpool.

Offline cswelker

Re: Transportation Company COMPLAINTS - WARNINGS to READERS
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2013, 07:31:45 AM »
Has anyone used the clear choice shuttle transportation?

Sorry, this topic is locked. Only admins and moderators can reply.