• April 21, 2018, 10:36:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Pace Bus Route 832 - to Stateville  (Read 11141 times)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Pace Bus Route 832 - to Stateville
« on: March 26, 2007, 08:17:03 PM »

PACE Bus Route 832

Connects Joliet central business district and Metra Station with Orland Square Mall. Serves Statesville Prison, Will County Courthouse, Orland Square Mall, the 153rd St./Orland Park Metra Station, Lockport and Homer Glen.  

847-228-3573 (Purchasing Information)
847-364-7223 (Customer Services)

http://www.pacebus.com/sub/schedules/route_detail.asp?RouteNo=832
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline mellaout

Re: Pace Bus Route 831 - Midway to Stateville
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 03:20:07 PM »
Hi, i looked this trip from Midway to Statesville up on line and it is no longer available. There is a pace 832 but unfortunately it would have to be caught by Orland Sq. Mall which is way far for me.

Mello

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Pace Bus Route 832 - to Stateville
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 07:03:10 AM »
Thank you mellaout, I have updated the above information!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline janetzavala76

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 04:01:41 AM »
im trying to visit my husband in stateville cc what bus route can i take from chicago to stateville cc??

Offline mgonzalez

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 12:35:59 PM »
I actually visit my baby in Statesville Im not sure but I can find out for you!
Mari G.

Offline janetzavala76

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 01:44:03 AM »
ok sounds good any help is appreciated....!!!

Offline webmari

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 10:04:24 AM »
From Chicago you have to take the Metra train from LaSalle Street Station going to Joliet. This train goes frequently and stops at Joliet Union Station. When you arrive. you go dowstairs and lefthand you can find the Pace bus stops and from there you take the Pace Bus 832 and it stops directly in front of the visiting center of Stateville. Unfortunately the schedules of the Metra and Pace bus are not coordinated so that when I arrived, I missed the Pace bus just by a few minutes and I would have to wait for almost another hour. but well, it still worked for me to leave Chicago by the 7.00 a.m. train and arriving in Joliet at 8.10 a.m. and the bus just gone at 9.10 so I had about an hours time which was not bad as they have a cafe downstairs at Union station and I sat down there with some coffee and a snack and read until the time came. I was mostly at Stateville around 9.30 and so by the time I was processed through any time from 10. - 10.30 or so I was finally there to see my LO. It has been a long journey back and forth for me each day for 10 days but it all worked out fine.If you have any further questions, just let me know. Further information on the Metra train schedule can be found here: www.metrarail.com
Ride from LaSalle to Joliet is a little over an hour.

Offline webmari

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 10:06:47 AM »
Sorry, I ment to say, the 8.10 bus just left and I had to wait for the 9.10 a.m. bus.

Offline HunnyzBumbleeb

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 11:15:12 AM »
has anyone takin the pace bus route from Chicago to stateville? is it reliable? how long is the ride?

Offline webmari

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 07:43:58 PM »
I did not know there even was a Pace bus going directly from Chicago. I used the train from LaSalle Street station and it took about an hour to get to Joliet and from there I took the Pace Bus. But if there is one going directly from Chicago it would be interesting to learn how that works.

Offline HunnyzBumbleeb

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2013, 04:07:24 PM »
No theres no directly from chicago i meant the ride in general. after you get off in joliet and get on the pace bus how long is that ride? does the bus leave you right in front of stateville? or is there a walking distance? do they allow the phones to go in the locker becus u took the bus? how much is the debit cards and food there? sorry its alot of questions im just wondering how it works it would b first time visiting him. thanks

Offline Sasha222

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2014, 09:55:32 AM »
It only runs on weekdays.  No weekends or Holidays.

Offline webmari

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2014, 12:37:02 PM »
I didn't see that sooner, sorry. But probably you may have found out yourself by now
HunnyzBumbleeb but the ride actually wasn't so bad. If I remember right, it took about 20 minutes or so from Union Station and it stops right on the premises of Stateville in sight of the visiting center. Only a few steps and you are there. But it goes only on weekdays as was said before. I had to call a taxi in Joliet to take me there on a Saturday and also to pick me up. All for a 1 hour visit, but well, I did not want to miss out on it. And I had to wait for quite a while after I called them to get me. But it works ok.