• April 22, 2018, 04:51:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: 50%, 85%, or 100% Sentencing Guidelines Chart  (Read 120287 times)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: 50%, 85%, or 100% Sentencing Guidelines Chart
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2010, 06:56:22 AM »
OK I am confused, I see a lot of people talking about 50% 85% and 100% which I get... however my boyfriend was sentenced at 75%, according to him its a new thing. He is charged with drug induced homicide. Has anyone else heard of this? I feel like his case is the only case that had a 75% on it!  :wc74:

It's not a new thing, as you can see the sentencing guidelines are 50-85 or 100%  .. as long as this website is up, I've never seen anyone else asking about 75%.    I think we talked about this before in the GT thread.  Did he do anytime in county jail before coming to IDOC?    
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline brandyt

« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2010, 07:29:09 AM »
Thank u forevermah. So basically this whole thing for him coming out in 2012 still stands?? This while prison thing sucks!
Whatever it takes, or how my heart breaks, I'll be right here waiting for you.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2010, 07:42:37 AM »
Thank u forevermah. So basically this whole thing for him coming out in 2012 still stands?? This while prison thing sucks!

Yes, unless any GT comes back he may get some extra time, but don't count on it, if it happens it'll be a bonus to him/you.  The other GT was 6 months and that was not guaranteed, they could take it away if the guys got into any trouble.  No one knows how much they are going to give, IF it's reinstated and what the stipulations for receiving it will be.   Just count on his 2012 out date for now.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline TimeStandsStill

• Mod Squad
« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2010, 10:30:43 AM »
OK I am confused, I see a lot of people talking about 50% 85% and 100% which I get... however my boyfriend was sentenced at 75%, according to him its a new thing. He is charged with drug induced homicide. Has anyone else heard of this? I feel like his case is the only case that had a 75% on it!  :wc74:

The IDOC website references the 75% in the FAQ section of What is Good Time?

"Statutory Good Time refers to the percentage of time an inmate must spend incarcerated. Inmates serve 50%, 75%, 85%, or 100% of their sentence.  This is determined by statute and is based on the offense that was committed.  Inmates may lose some of that good time based on their behavior while in custody."

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2010, 11:22:57 AM »
Here is the code for the offense of Drug-induced homicide and it clearly says its a Class X Felony, but doesn't give the %'s of conviction. It also says that they shall get no less than 15 years and no more than 30, I am still searching for more info on the 75%.  I just found someone else that was convicted of this on IDOC website and his sentence was at 85% and another that was sentenced to five years at 50%, so like I said before, it may have been circumstances and up to the judge?  Found this also "Drug-induced homicide carries a sentence ranging from six to 30 years."    The time for the Class X depends on the count.

(720 ILCS 5/9-3.3) (from Ch. 38, par. 9-3.3)

Sec. 9-3.3. Drug-induced homicide.

(a) A person who violates Section 401 of the Illinois Controlled Substances Act or Section 55 of the Methamphetamine Control and Community Protection Act by unlawfully delivering a controlled substance to another, and any person's death is caused by the injection, inhalation or ingestion of any amount of that controlled substance, commits the offense of drug-induced homicide.

(b) Sentence. Drug-induced homicide is a Class X felony.

(c) A person who commits drug-induced homicide by violating subsection (a) or subsection (c) of Section 401 of the Illinois Controlled Substances Act or Section 55 of the Methamphetamine Control and Community Protection Act commits a Class X felony for which the defendant shall in addition to a sentence authorized by law, be sentenced to a term of imprisonment of not less than 15 years and not more than 30 years or an extended term of not less than 30 years and not more than 60 years.

(Source: P.A. 94-556, eff. 9-11-05; 94-560, eff. 1-1-06; 95-331, eff. 8-21-07.)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2010, 01:40:07 PM »
Here is a PDF file from 2005 that shows penalties for crimes committed in Illinois, just click below:

Offline justamom

« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2010, 04:52:31 PM »
I meant to ask about the 75 percent too.  I was looking at the IDOC webpage....under general questions and it's there. I don't remember seeing that before and now it appeared.  Maybe I just wasn't paying attention and it's always been there. 50, 75, 85 and 100

Offline TimeStandsStill

• Mod Squad
« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2010, 10:10:40 PM »
I couldn't say for sure either if I saw the 75% there before or not.  They seem to be updating the FAQ page more frequently lately, which is a good thing! Now they have added: What is the Prisoner Review Board and how can I contact them?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2010, 06:26:44 AM »
I couldn't say for sure either if I saw the 75% there before or not.  They seem to be updating the FAQ page more frequently lately, which is a good thing! Now they have added: What is the Prisoner Review Board and how can I contact them?

That is funny about the PRB .. they have been here in those very topics all week. hmmmmm    :wc105:

Offline Amanda.Marks

• Waiting... <3
  • He is my forever....
« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2010, 01:37:02 AM »
OK I am confused, I see a lot of people talking about 50% 85% and 100% which I get... however my boyfriend was sentenced at 75%, according to him its a new thing. He is charged with drug induced homicide. Has anyone else heard of this? I feel like his case is the only case that had a 75% on it!  :wc74:

It's not a new thing, as you can see the sentencing guidelines are 50-85 or 100%  .. as long as this website is up, I've never seen anyone else asking about 75%.    I think we talked about this before in the GT thread.  Did he do anytime in county jail before coming to IDOC?    

He did a year and a half in county before moving to IDOC
The thought of being with you tomorrow, gives me the strength to go on today.

Offline Amanda.Marks

• Waiting... <3
  • He is my forever....
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2010, 01:40:28 AM »
Thank you for that, I was pretty sure that we were the only ones who had ever heard of 75%!!!
The thought of being with you tomorrow, gives me the strength to go on today.

Offline shaynsgirl05

« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2010, 09:19:53 AM »
I went to see my loved one in Graham over the weekend after Christmas and he said some guys have been talking about the 50, 85 and 100 being changed to lower percentages to help reduce some of the inmates in prison. Where as his 50% would go to 35%, or something like that. Has anyone heard of this? Please help!
Society prepares the crime, the criminal commits it!

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2010, 09:24:00 AM »
This is another one of those rumors that get passed around from time to time. When I first joined IPT, it was one of the things I researched because M had mentioned it...back in 2009.

Offline jenplus2

• Appreciate & love now, tomorrow's not guaranteed
« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2010, 11:38:05 AM »
Same here... When D was first incarcerated the beginning of December, 2009, that was the first thing he asked me to look into. Others (inmates), were saying that they (not sure who "they" were), were dropping the percentage down to 35% for overcrowding issues. That was before MGT/SMGT was suspended, yet the rumor still floats around. I guess in prison all the inmates have is hope, and as soon as one inmate (or CO, or counselor) says something, it is taken at face value because the inmates want so bad for it to be true. It's so sad, all the rumors flying around doing nothing but getting hopes up, then taking it away.
~The "Not Knowing" and/or "Uncertainty" is the hardest part of any situation~
~I still have dreams, many in fact. However, as time marches on they become more focused and realistic~

Offline Mrsgreene

« Reply #94 on: August 23, 2011, 10:00:28 PM »
My husband was given 3 years at 85%...im still trying to figure this out since I believe his out date is incorrect. He was originally arrested on april 14th 2011. He took his time on july 14th 2011. He was supposed to be granted 3 months good time from county. His out date is showing nov. 3rd 2011...does this seem correct? If now how can I go about getting this corrected?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #95 on: August 23, 2011, 10:02:46 PM »
I think I answered this once or twice, but here is one post:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php/topic,24090.msg191295.html#msg191295

County time, the 3 months, can you explain this, was he in there waiting new trial, what kind of time was it?

Offline Sunidaze67

« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2011, 09:31:11 AM »
Okay I'm still confused.  My L/O was sentenced to 27 years at 85% in 2003, but had spent 4 years in CCJ. Class X.  He has done a lot of schooling.  Does he get any of time for schooling?  Please help me figure this out.
Thanks
Suni

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2011, 10:06:09 AM »
No anyone serving time for a Class X/ 85 % conviction, receives no credit for schooling/programs, but can still take them.

If he got 27 years @ 85% = 22 yrs 9 1/2 months - 4 yrs he got credit for, he has yet to do 18 yrs 9 1/2 months - 8 yrs done already since 2003 he has ...  10 years 9 1/2 months to go.

Offline Bonita1234

« Reply #98 on: September 08, 2011, 02:28:14 PM »
What would be the percentage of time for possession of a stolen vehicle? I didn't see it up there (my mistake if i missed it) it says on the idoc website that is is a class 2.  He was sentenced to 44 months in september 2008.
I'm trying to figure out when his estimated time on parole would be finished..
Thanks!

Offline bmonska

« Reply #99 on: September 08, 2011, 02:54:19 PM »
Is his projected parole date listed on his IDOC inmate page? It should tell you his projected out date and his projected parole date.