• April 22, 2018, 01:22:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: 50%, 85%, or 100% Sentencing Guidelines Chart  (Read 120271 times)

Offline becca

Re: 50%, 85%, or 100% Sentencing Guidelines Chart
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2009, 08:09:52 PM »
 My son got  14 years consecutive.  What does this mean as jail time??  He is appealing for sure.  His lawyer had said he would get jail time and probation. The judge must have been really hot that day.  he sent up 2 other people that day for almost same amount of time.   All of us were in total shock.  Our lawyer said most definitely not prison time and boy was he wrong.  I cried for days, would not talk to anyone.  I still am in shock and numb.

Offline hbmom

« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2009, 09:53:50 PM »
wow...that is harsh when your not even expecting jail time!

Offline becca

« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2009, 09:59:34 PM »
Hbmom   yes it was harsh  way too harsh.  One day I will tell you but right now I dont want my son to be judged wrong.  It was not drugs or murder. 
I am glad you are online.   Too bad there isnt a "chat line" on this site.   
I really have to go to bed.  Went to bed last night at midnite  got up at 3  laid back down got up at 4.
did you read   my son's first postcard??

Offline Lissa

« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2009, 03:17:12 PM »
Ok I am confused about all this. my guy has a class one felony of attempted aggravated arson and we were told by his attoreny he would only sit a little over a year on a 4 year sentence is this true or did they just tell him that to get him to plead

Offline marissa_n_kyle

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2010, 03:11:17 AM »
Will my L/O's sentencing be cut down if he is going to school while he is in there?

Offline lvanrs2

• Lvanrs2
  • Support Staff
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2010, 06:32:59 AM »
marissa_n_kyle,

Your loved can be granted extra good time off from classes and programs provided he qualifies.  There are some charges that don't qualify even if being served at 50%
There is no action better at creating insanity in a person than trying to control something you have no control over.

Only do whatever you are willing to pay the consequences for.

Offline marissa_n_kyle

« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2010, 12:39:40 PM »
Thanks Ivanrs2.
I would ask my cousin all of these questions, but things have changed since he has been in prison.

Offline becca

« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2010, 06:34:22 PM »
Sex offenders do not get good time off for schooling or programs.

Offline marissa_n_kyle

« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2010, 11:33:49 PM »
Thanks Becca, I don't have to worry about that though. My husband is not a sex offender.

Offline Schrader42

• "Happiness is being married to your best friend."
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2010, 11:19:53 AM »
Do inmates get credit for time served in Cook County prior to their trial and sentencing?  If so, can anyone direct me to that information.  Is there something in the Illinois Sentencing Guidelines that show this?  I really need to read information for those incarcerated in 1982-1983. 

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
  • Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2010, 11:48:08 AM »
Yes, they are awarded one day for each spent in CCJ.  I knew someone that received four years of good time before being tried and convicted.  Any time spent after the arrest, awaiting trial and during the trial, provided they didn't make a bond, all count towards good time.  The time spent following the conviction, waiting for IDOC to pick them up is not counted, it's considererd down time.
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Schrader42

• "Happiness is being married to your best friend."
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2010, 11:51:20 AM »
Thanks Dazz.  I noticed my husband did not receive credit for the year he spent in Cook County and just wanted to be sure before he filed a motion.  Is there something in writing showing that this is law?

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2010, 12:06:52 PM »
You'd have to contact the Cook County Sheriff's department probably.  It should've been put on his mittimus.  This is ordered by the judge technically...he has to award the good time to the defendant.  If you contact the Clerk's office you might be able to see the original sentencing order and see what's on it.
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Josey_Montes

• Here we go again.
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2010, 08:07:31 PM »
Please some one help me with this dam good time                                                                                                              

:wc14:
CUSTODY 8/2/2009
IDOC WEBSITE 10/26/2009 (THAT IS THE DAY HE WAS TAKEN TO STATESVILLE)
PAROLE 02/1/2011

What happen to the ccj time? when is he getting out ? how do you figure this out ?and he said no good time is being awarded he is @ lawrence    :wc13:

Offline lvanrs2

• Lvanrs2
  • Support Staff
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2010, 06:58:59 AM »
What was his original sentence and at what percentage rate?  Sometimes the information on the IDOC website is incorrect.  Someone will be able to help you with a little more info.
There is no action better at creating insanity in a person than trying to control something you have no control over.

Only do whatever you are willing to pay the consequences for.

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2010, 08:10:29 AM »
You haven't supplied enough information to figure out a sentence and it's length of time, good time, parole date....where's the rest of the information?

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Josey_Montes

• Here we go again.
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2010, 03:28:42 PM »
What else do you need to help me out? :wc13:

Offline jarred

« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2010, 03:49:10 PM »
Josey, Dazzler will probalby need the sentence that was given and whether it is required that 50%, 85% or 100% of the time be served. 

As far as the good time credits, I believe but may get corrected, that there are many adjustments that could come into play depending on the type of charges.  You can see the bill passed by Quinn last week http://www.ilga.gov./legislation/fulltext.asp?GAID=10&SessionID=76&GA=96&DocTypeID=SB&DocNum=1013&LegID=41922&SpecSess=&Session=

it's a pretty complicated read though

Offline Josey_Montes

• Here we go again.
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2010, 03:55:29 PM »
Ok he was sentenced to 120 days @boot camp while@Statesville, night before bus was coming to take inmates to bootcamp he was told he has a warrent  so he could no longer go to boot camp.Then he was taken to Lawrence and thats all i no :wc13:

Offline Josey_Montes

• Here we go again.
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2010, 03:59:53 PM »
jared thanks for the link, so that means he gets 25 days instead of 30days in a month?so basicilly 5 days credit a month :wc13: