• April 22, 2018, 01:26:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: 50%, 85%, or 100% Sentencing Guidelines Chart  (Read 120272 times)

Offline Locasarai80

• Lost without him
  • I miss my baby
Re: 50%, 85%, or 100% Sentencing Guidelines Chart
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2007, 03:50:53 PM »
ok i have a question....my bf got charged with aggrivated DUI his 3rd offence...he got 4 years....how long will he serve?  I am so lost any help would be appriciated! ^%$#

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
  • Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2007, 04:13:35 PM »
He must serve 85% of his sentence.  That would knock 219 days off his sentence.  I believe he is also eligible for six months meritous good time, given at the discretion of the Director...for good behavior...

My math is failing me today...I think it's 219 days...LOL

The 15% and six months would set him free in about 2 years 11 months.
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Locasarai80

• Lost without him
  • I miss my baby
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2007, 08:56:57 PM »
 ..)thanks!  it wasn't as bad as i thought...i am so happy.  I was thinking he'd have to serve over three years...!  He sounded so down today on the phone..at least I got some good news.

Offline meme12

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2007, 12:49:19 PM »
 kdirt my guy goy 4 years but they say they addidin good time starting in jauary i thunk so he ben there since september 2006 and was getting out in mar 2008 will get get out in january cause he has no violent crime or discipline tickets nothing like that ?>

Offline fattycake

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2007, 09:30:03 PM »
My guy got 6years dec.6 with 84 days credit,For a drug case.When will he be getting out? ././/

Offline SMD

• Account Closed
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2007, 09:40:27 PM »
If he got 50% that would be 3 years.... 6 months off for over crowding.... and the 84 county time....so almost 9 months off his 3 years then if he can get into a program to earn good time he can get even more time off

Hope I told this to you right...

SMD

Offline w8tn4hm

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2007, 09:53:09 PM »
Dazzler is really good at this...here is my best guess.

A 6 year sentence on a drug case should mean that he only has to serve 50% of his sentence. That would be 3 years minus 84 days for time already served, and then minus another possible 6 months for good time.  I believe that should put his outdate somewhere around March or April of 2010.  He also may be eligible for classes or programs participated in.

W8

Offline JBirdsGirl1970

• Me and my Baby
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2008, 08:50:16 PM »
My Husband Was Charged with two Offences.. One offence for 7 years and the other for 5 years he has to serve 85% of that time... He did serve 28 days before this incarseration also he is in school now.. Does he get days off for that or any good time?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2008, 08:58:03 PM »
Welcome to IPT Jbirds, unfortunately 85% sentences are not eligible for MGT- Meritorious  Good Time or any credits for school or classes he might attend.  He should get those 28 days though.   Are they running his sentences together or does he have to serve them separately?
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline JBirdsGirl1970

• Me and my Baby
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2008, 09:00:53 PM »
They are running them together....

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2008, 09:21:24 PM »
Does the IDOC site reflect his out date @ 85% minus his 28 days ?
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline JBirdsGirl1970

• Me and my Baby
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2008, 09:42:09 PM »
I'm not sure all new to this and totaly cunfused.... He was sentenced to 12 years and has to serve 85% of that time... His Custody date is: 2007 [edited by admin] - Projected Parole date: /2016 - and Discharge From Parole is: /2018 .... And 1 offence is a Class1 and the other a Class 2

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2008, 10:00:53 PM »
If he was sentenced to 12 years in 2007 @ 85% would put him at the 2016 date that they apparently have him projected at.   He will not get any MGT time because of the 85% law and they probably have his 28 days already figured into the 2016 date.   He will still  have to make the rest of the time up on parole till 2019.   

If you have any other questions, please ask.

Offline 0ptimistic

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2008, 01:40:56 AM »
I'm reading all these posts and trying to figure this out on my own but it's kind of hard! So my hubby was sentenced to 6 yrs, recommended for boot camp but unfortunately didn't get it, he was transferred today to Shawnee, so now I'm trying to figure out how long he has left to go. His attorney did tell us he would do 50% of the 6 yrs if he was sent to prison.

He served 224 days in County and completed his GED there so I believe that's a 60 day credit, right now he has been in DOC custody as of Jan. 10., so 27 days so far. So when should he be getting out? I know he was working while he was in Stateville reception, does that give him any additional credits?

Is the county time day for day?

Basically I have read that most are granted an automatic 6 months off for overcrowding so then I have a total of 491 days so far. So I think that means he would have 604 days yet to do, which is still 1yr and 8 mos. I am really hoping county time isn't day for day and is at least doubled. Please help me out on this. I know a yr and 8 mos. is not the end of the world but it sucks so bad when we were expecting 120 days in boot camp!! *SIGH.....

Will he receive any additional credits??? What credits can he get and for how much time if he participates in a program there? I want him to be out of there as soon as possible. I know he'd do whatever it takes!

PLEASE HELP!!!
I believe everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they are right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so that better things can fall together...

~ M. Monroe

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2008, 02:52:04 AM »
His six year sentence is reduced in half and less six months...that's 2 1/2 years...minus his full county time days...approx. 7 1/2 months.  That would leave him..umm....1 year, 10 1/2 months....

I have no idea if the IDOC gives a 60 day credit for obtaining a GED during county time.  They give a 90 credit if it's earned within the IDOC.  They also give blocks of credit for schooling and programs.  These can be earned in blocks of 30 days....
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline 0ptimistic

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2008, 11:44:15 AM »
THANKS DAZZLER!

I really hope he does get some sort of credit for getting his GED in County. That would be awesome!
I believe everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they are right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so that better things can fall together...

~ M. Monroe

Offline carlswoman

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2008, 03:36:55 PM »
has anyone heard about a sentencing reduction that would reduce 85% offenses down to 50% and 50% down to 30%? my husband mentioned something about this i dont know if it is true or not. he said he should hear something about this in july. thanks for any help.

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2008, 03:46:01 PM »
There are many topics here about this...it's just a rumor...it goes around all the time and there's no truth to it at all....there's no legislation passed, proposed or pending that would reduce sentencing guidelines in Illinois.  Sorry.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline LadyjH

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2009, 07:19:02 PM »
  They give a 90 credit if it's earned within the IDOC.  They also give blocks of credit for schooling and programs.  These can be earned in blocks of 30 days....

Is this true?  Idoc will give 90 day credit if the inmate earns the GED while in IDOC.

Offline Locswifey

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2009, 05:08:26 AM »
My husband was sentenced to 6 years at 50%
When he was stateville he was given his release information and they had it under 85% (that is also how it is calculated on the IDOC website)
I immediately contacted his lawyer who motioned it up in court I have a copy of the order and so does my husband. I was told that it a mistake maid by our county courts. It is not yet fixed on the IDOC website. I was told by his lawyer that the county clerk would send the mittimus to IDOC and it would be fixed. Where would I call to make sure its been fixed.

I'm right in saying that as long as he remains good in there he should serve 2 1/2 years and also any credit for school he receive because it is a non violent crime? How does the credit with the school work?