• April 24, 2018, 07:31:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Debit Cards at Each Prison - Vending machines  (Read 21551 times)

Offline WAID

• What Am I Doing?
  • That's me, I'm a TOIL GIRL!!
Re: DEBIT CARDS AT EACH PRISON - Vending machines
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2008, 07:45:09 PM »
They did change equipment Dec. 06 at alot of prisons, if not all, so cards older than that may not even work anywhere.
Diamonds ARE a girls best friend.

Offline jlnjy

• The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2008, 07:58:43 PM »
The card that I have with debitek on them are from 2007 ...the only ones that looked different were the ones from Menard that read Menard on them instead of the word debitek. I guess I'll collect all the debitek cards I have and take them to the facility when I visit next to see which ones belong to that facility and which one belongs to the other facility - then I'll actually write on them ....something I should have done before...lol

Offline mixxdmama

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2009, 10:46:39 PM »
My husband was just transfered from Menard to Stateville.  When I went to Menard last month to go visit him I put about $30-40 on the card.  I didnt use it all knowing that I will be back soon. So a week after visiting him, they transfered him to Stateville.  Now Menard and Stateville do not have the same card for vending machines. 

Is there somewhere where I can send the card from Menard so I can have my money refunded to me? :wc14:

Offline shorty24

• I'M HERE TIL THE END
Re: Debit Cards at Each Prison - Vending machines
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2009, 01:45:02 AM »
Mixxdmamma you can call back to menard an ask them for the number to the people that do the vending machines and see if they would refund you your money if not when I go down I'll try and get the number for you and I'll send it to you but I don't know if they do refunds or not but it don't hurt to try an I wish you luck.
When he's hurting I'm hurting, When I'm hurting he's hurting. (I'm him, he is me!)

Offline mixxdmama

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2009, 08:28:50 AM »
Would you please check for a number when you go up there.  I would really appreciate it. 

Offline shorty24

• I'M HERE TIL THE END
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2009, 01:52:27 AM »
Well I'll be going down this friday so I'll hit you back around this time on sun. and let you know what they said if not on sat. but again I wish you luck.
When he's hurting I'm hurting, When I'm hurting he's hurting. (I'm him, he is me!)

Offline shorty24

• I'M HERE TIL THE END
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2009, 02:18:53 PM »
Would you please check for a number when you go up there.  I would really appreciate it. 

Hey Mixxdmama I got some bad news :wc23: sorry to let you know that they say that its no refunds on the money and they didn't give me a number on who to call but they said that you can try and sell it to someone and see if that helps or works an I wish you luck again with that an I'm sorry that I had to deliver that bad news to you.

Offline wild

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2009, 03:46:00 PM »
Does any one have updated info for card prices at Centralia?

Offline mamielane

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2009, 07:19:12 PM »
Hi Wild, the cards there cost $1.00 to purchase,and you can put up to $20.00 on each card,and you are allowed to take 2 cards in with you to the visit per adult. But when you are looking in the sandwich machines,pay attention to the prices,same sandwich or item can be 2 different prices. in one machine a piece of pie is $1.75 in the other one its $3.00 some sandwiches in same machine are different prices also. Hope this helps!!