• April 19, 2018, 04:28:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Inmates not being able to send out from nrc?  (Read 110 times)

Offline coasterman

Inmates not being able to send out from nrc?
« on: April 09, 2018, 08:50:43 PM »
Something doesn't seem right here. I've been writing my LO in NRC constantly but suddenly he stopped writing back I sent $$ on the books for commissary so he can buy stationery etc, but when I finally got to talk to him on the phone the other night he told me the reason he's not writing back is because the commissary is out of envelopes. I mean how long does it take for the commissary there to replenish their envelope supply. I really do believe what he's telling me as he had been writing all along otherwise. Is there a number I can call about this at NRC?

Offline HisWife1122

Re: Inmates not being able to send out from nrc?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 08:10:00 AM »
You should be able to call the main line and ask for someone in the commissary department. I was able to do this when my husband was in county. Not sure if it'll be the same for DOC. Would you happen to know though if your LO was searched when he got to NRC or not. My husband is trying to take a few pictures with him may in case mail is super backed up and my letters don't reach him before he ships out. He was told that they didn't search them up until a few weeks ago they started searching.