• April 24, 2018, 07:34:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: mp3 / tablets  (Read 351 times)

Offline pt1318

mp3 / tablets
« on: November 06, 2017, 12:30:33 PM »
My LO recently saw the warden and asked him about tablets and emails. The warden told him they had just been informed that Springfield had changed the plan to where nobody (except for the pilot facilities of course) is going to get the tablets until EVERY facility across IDOC has the video visits up and running?!
How does that make sense? All the prisons seem to work on completely different schedules anyway when it comes to video visitation, installation of kiosks, wiring etc. It sure doesn't look like there is one centralized schedule that all of the facilities work by. So all our LOs are now made to wait until video visits are available all over IDOC, however long that may take. Has anyone else heard about this plan?
My LO asked me to write to IDOC director Baldwin and ask him to rethink this decision and basically allow each prison to move forward individually on their own schedule instead of slowing everyone down even more.
I figured this info might also be interesting to those of you who don't have a LO at one of the test sites and maybe you would also be willing to contact Springfield about this.
💙  Strength grows in the moments when you think you can't go on but you keep going anyway.  💙

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?