• April 22, 2018, 01:09:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Programs at Lincoln  (Read 525 times)

Offline ERwife

Programs at Lincoln
« on: June 25, 2017, 07:47:07 PM »
Im not sure if Im putting this question in the right place but I hope someone has some information that could help me.  My L/O is at Dixon with 2 years left and put in an application/request to transfer to Kewanee.  But, we have been waiting quite a while for a response.  In the meantime, he was informed  by his counselor that IDOC is doing some transfers of inmates from Lincoln to Dixon and Dixon to Lincoln.  The counselor asked him would he be interested.  We looked into programming at Lincoln and he said they had a few things that he would be interested in getting in.  However, we were wondering how long is the wait to get in programs at Lincoln.  He has been on the waiting list for a class/program at Dixon for a year.  If he can get into some classes then he feels that Lincoln would be a good transfer although it would be a longer drive for me.  Im willing to do whatever he needs to be done to get the skills he needs as well as make time go by faster.  Does anyone know?

Offline verysweet34

Re: Programs at Lincoln
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 03:08:59 PM »
Im not sure if Im putting this question in the right place but I hope someone has some information that could help me.  My L/O is at Dixon with 2 years left and put in an application/request to transfer to Kewanee.  But, we have been waiting quite a while for a response.  In the meantime, he was informed  by his counselor that IDOC is doing some transfers of inmates from Lincoln to Dixon and Dixon to Lincoln.  The counselor asked him would he be interested.  We looked into programming at Lincoln and he said they had a few things that he would be interested in getting in.  However, we were wondering how long is the wait to get in programs at Lincoln.  He has been on the waiting list for a class/program at Dixon for a year.  If he can get into some classes then he feels that Lincoln would be a good transfer although it would be a longer drive for me.  Im willing to do whatever he needs to be done to get the skills he needs as well as make time go by faster.  Does anyone know?

My L/O is looking to transfer to Lincoln at the end of the month and we decided I would call them prior to him putting his transfer request in. Have u tried calling them to see if u can get answers to your questions?