• April 21, 2018, 05:47:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Transfer question/issue  (Read 825 times)

Offline hope2015

Transfer question/issue
« on: January 30, 2017, 10:01:39 PM »
Hello.
I was wondering if anyone has ever dealt with the transfer coordinator in Springfield and had success? Their new coordinator Greer is completely useless and does not want to provide any information or help. I have a specific transfer question that only Springfield can answer. Is there anyone I can contact besides her? Also, if I wanted to file a grievance, where do I start and whom do I contact?
Thank you.

Offline Jodiewodie32

Re: Transfer question/issue
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 01:56:33 PM »
I just rang the transfer coordinator and was told that all decisions must come from their counsellor and they won't be providing any information. That would be fine if his counsellor actually gave a ****... grrr why does the IDOC want to make everything more difficult than it actually should be!
💋

Offline hope2015

Re: Transfer question/issue
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 10:18:31 PM »
Yes, this was my experience with her as well. She doesn't want to provide any information, and her response is very scripted. It felt like I was talking to a wall! I even asked her what she is doing there if she can't answer any of my questions  :wc22: