• April 22, 2018, 01:40:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2017. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Pre stamped envelope  (Read 835 times)

Offline Waitingforhimfe

Pre stamped envelope
« on: November 11, 2016, 11:04:54 AM »
My husband asked me to send pre stamped envelope to him so I called statevillle nrfto see how to go about I was told he need to purchase his own anyone know because I hear differently from other ppl

Offline keyvee78

Re: Pre stamped envelope
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 11:56:37 AM »
From my understanding your LO will only be able to purchase postage and envelopes from the commissary. You will have to put money on his account, but if he is in receiving at Stateville it is best to wait until he is moved to his parent prison.

Offline zachsmom

• Support Staff
Re: Pre stamped envelope
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 05:42:13 PM »
My husband asked me to send pre stamped envelope to him so I called statevillle nrfto see how to go about I was told he need to purchase his own anyone know because I hear differently from other ppl
   Idoc will not allow pre stamped envelopes to be sent. He will have to purchase  them ( write outs) through commissary. Keevee78 is also correct about waiting before you place very much on his books until he's been sent to his parent prison. What ever amount of money you place on his books now will follow him when he's transfered, but it'll take several weeks for it to catch up to him. If anything, you might want to put just a little on there, just in case he is allowed to purchace write outs and personal hygiene at some point.